U.S. economy adds 559,000 jobs in May

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
The median forecast of analysts surveyed by Econoday was for 650,000 jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.9 percent. The Dow Jones consensus estimate was for 617,000...a fine mediocre number.

April’s figure was revised up to 278,000 from 266,000, a smaller revision than many expected. March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.

Another Miss: U.S. Economy Adds 559,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.8%

Leave it to Breitphart and the Neo-GOP to poop poop adding over a halve a million jobs in a month.

The markets seem to be pleased.
4 months of pants crapper has nothing to do with this anus licker............MAGA!!!!!

Thank you Tammy for bringin it up

The median forecast of analysts surveyed by Econoday was for 650,000 jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.9 percent. The Dow Jones consensus estimate was for 617,000...a fine mediocre number.

April’s figure was revised up to 278,000 from 266,000, a smaller revision than many expected. March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.

Another Miss: U.S. Economy Adds 559,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.8%
Lol is this a bad thing?

Lol is this a bad thing?

It's a challenge for the the Neo-GOP wordsmiths.

Lower than predicted...and check the service job section...unemployment in that sector is still way too high....

But that's mostly because they are still afraid of going back to work.

I'm on vacation in my Wisconsin residence this week, and every store I've gone to has had help wanted signs on it. Some stores are doing reduced hours because they don't have enough personnel. One restaurant had the owner's 15 year old daughter waiting tables because they don't have enough employees available.

Lower than predicted...and check the service job section...unemployment in that sector is still way too high....

I'm on vacation in my Wisconsin residence this week, and every store I've gone to has had help wanted signs on it. Some stores are doing reduced hours because they don't have enough personnel. One restaurant had the owner's 15 year old daughter waiting tables because they don't have enough employees available.
That's not the reason..in many cases people in the service industry were allowed to get vaccinated first...the reason is the extra federal unemployment compensation added to the state unemployment rate with no mandate for it to end if you claim you are afraid to go back to work...people are making almost what they make at work to sit at home....
The states that ended the federal contribution are doing much better with service sector unemployment....

We have two out of 30 people in my department that are that way. I haven't seen them in person at the office in 14 months.
One of these two people, I had to pass off the support phone to her. She was terrified and I had to end up leaving the phone on the pavement, back away and drive home [end of the day]. It also so happens that I often have to pass off the support phone to the other one who hasn't been at the office. We have developed this rather complicated pass off method where I will pass the phone off to several different co-workers and they would pass it along until it reached her. Usually takes a couple of hours.

With expectations of 8 million new jobs in 2021, I would have liked to have seen at least another 108,000.

Putting my hopes on the the covid-related shortages becoming less of an effect which will help with easing unemployment and inflation.

My daughter has been on the job from the beginning of covid she is a nurse but my son in law has been working at home....his entire company went to working from home....now the company wants everyone back in the office and the employees many of them are balking...saying they are afraid to go back....which is bullshit...they just have gotten use to working at home in warmups....
Eventually these employees will be terminated if they continue to refuse to return to the office...production has fallen and the reason is working from home....

Pathetic, a very Obama like mix of low paying service jobs while jobs people can live on declined. Dem policy once again stifling good paying blue collar jobs sacrificed on the alter of the liberal agenda.

Pathetic, a very Obama like mix of low paying service jobs while jobs people can live on declined. Dem policy once again stifling good paying blue collar jobs sacrificed on the alter of the liberal agenda.
good jobs aren't getting filled because the demofks keep giving out our tax money. I found out last night one of the restaurants in my town shut down last saturday due to know personnel available to work. Can't hire enough staff. too sad.

good jobs aren't getting filled because the demofks keep giving out our tax money. I found out last night one of the restaurants in my town shut down last saturday due to know personnel available to work. Can't hire enough staff. too sad.
Our restaurants are packed with customers and easily half are not wearing masks. Servers are also not wearing masks. Store clerks no masks. Even the lady behind the pharmacy counter yesterday when I picked up a prescription was maskless. The Dems mask control is breaking down even here in the heart of liberal states.

Forum List

Back