U.S getting spyed on by ally AGAIN?!!!

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
This reminded me of when our ally wanted Pollard released last month was it?

http://www.newsweek.com/israels-aggressive-spying-us-mostly-hushed-250278
Despite strident denials this week by Israeli officials, Israel has been caught carrying out aggressive espionage operations against American targets for decades, according to U.S. intelligence officials and congressional sources. And they still do it. They just don’t get arrested very often.

As Newsweek reported on Tuesday, American counter-intelligence officials told members of the House Judiciary and Foreign Affairs committees at the end of January that Israel's current espionage activities in America are "unrivaled and unseemly," going far beyond the activities of other close allies, such as Germany, France, the U.K. and Japan.

and no, I'm not an antisemite, just a concerned American that someone who, BTW, receives BILLIONS U.S. taxpayer $$$/yr would continue doing this?
But a former U.S. intelligence operative intimately familiar with Israeli espionage rejected the anti-Semitism charge. “There is a small community of ex-CIA, FBI and military people who have worked this account who are absolutely cheering on [the Newsweek] story,” he said. “Not one of them is anti-Semitic. In fact, it has nothing to do with anti-Semitism. It has only to do with why [Israel] gets kid-glove treatment when, if it was Japan doing it or India doing it at this level, it would be outrageous.”

discuss...

Last edited:
Well shit this administration spy's on everybody and everything so I guess turnabout is fair play... eh?

Well shit this administration spy's on everybody and everything so I guess turnabout is fair play... eh?

"Two wrongs make a right" school of thought :thup: :rolleyes:

I think what he's trying to say is that considering the U.S does a tremendous amount of spying worldwide, they can't really complain when someone does it to them.

maybe they don't need the $2BILLION/yr of U.S. Taxpayer money then?

It's The American Way.
Good on them.
They're just acting like a First World country oughta.

Israel is America's ally in the same way as a leech is a fish's ally.
They suck your blood and hang on as long as they think they can get more.

148220_600.jpg

This reminded me of when our ally wanted Pollard released last month was it?

http://www.newsweek.com/israels-aggressive-spying-us-mostly-hushed-250278
Despite strident denials this week by Israeli officials, Israel has been caught carrying out aggressive espionage operations against American targets for decades, according to U.S. intelligence officials and congressional sources. And they still do it. They just don’t get arrested very often.

As Newsweek reported on Tuesday, American counter-intelligence officials told members of the House Judiciary and Foreign Affairs committees at the end of January that Israel's current espionage activities in America are "unrivaled and unseemly," going far beyond the activities of other close allies, such as Germany, France, the U.K. and Japan.

and no, I'm not an antisemite, just a concerned American that someone who, BTW, receives BILLIONS U.S. taxpayer $$$/yr would continue doing this?
But a former U.S. intelligence operative intimately familiar with Israeli espionage rejected the anti-Semitism charge. “There is a small community of ex-CIA, FBI and military people who have worked this account who are absolutely cheering on [the Newsweek] story,” he said. “Not one of them is anti-Semitic. In fact, it has nothing to do with anti-Semitism. It has only to do with why [Israel] gets kid-glove treatment when, if it was Japan doing it or India doing it at this level, it would be outrageous.”

discuss...

It's sounds like "Boo-hoo! We're spying everyone including ourselves but don't you dare spying on us!":(:(:(

let me rip my shirt open in sorrow:doubt:

It wouldn't irk me so much if they weren't taking in $2BILLION/yr (looks like $3.1 BILLION) in free taxpayer $$$

Israel Has Reached Childhood's End -- It's Time to End U.S. Aid to Israel
It's been over 15 years since PM Netanyahu's speech to a joint session of Congress stating Israel's goal of economic independence. In 1997, Israel received $3.1 billion in aid from the U.S. In 2012, Israel was still receiving $3.1 billion annually in U.S. aid. We haven't made much progress towards PM Netanyahu's goal. For Israel's sake, as well as for America's, it's time to reduce U.S. annual aid to Israel -- to 0 -- over some reasonable adjustment period (perhaps 5 to 10 years), leaving open the possibility, of course, for emergency aid.

No, your evasion of the topic is "Two Wrongs make a right" :)

No, the evasion is "Everyone spying on everyone in the 21'st century. Get with the program"

The whole world knows friends spy on friends, because it starts and ends with politics, and you can't trust anyone.

USA is the only state to whine about it, and they do the worst things when it comes to spying.

It wouldn't irk me so much if they weren't taking in $2BILLION/yr (looks like $3.1 BILLION) in free taxpayer $$$

Israel Has Reached Childhood's End -- It's Time to End U.S. Aid to Israel
It's been over 15 years since PM Netanyahu's speech to a joint session of Congress stating Israel's goal of economic independence. In 1997, Israel received $3.1 billion in aid from the U.S. In 2012, Israel was still receiving $3.1 billion annually in U.S. aid. We haven't made much progress towards PM Netanyahu's goal. For Israel's sake, as well as for America's, it's time to reduce U.S. annual aid to Israel -- to 0 -- over some reasonable adjustment period (perhaps 5 to 10 years), leaving open the possibility, of course, for emergency aid.

And YOU give us a link to the HUFFINGTON POST!!!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

2n9dfgk.jpg

Forum List

Back