U.S. Inflation Reduction Act causing brain drain of Canadian talent: CEOs

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This has been going on for decades, long before the I.R.A was ever even discussed so I am quite perplexed that NOW they speak up. It is also ironic that they suggest that "we risk being uncompetitive".

Where have they been the last three decades? Canada is near the bottom in the G20 ranking of innovation and efficiency. We are in deep trouble.

A key component of this is that people leave to avoid the Stasi-like system we have here, preferring freedom, transparency, accountability and opportunity that the U.S provides. I've said it many times, it doesn't matter who wins in November, talented Canadians will always look to go to the U.S to pursue freedom and ambition.

“You can just see the brainpower heading south,” Seitz said, adding the tax credits and subsidies offered through President Joe Biden’s landmark Inflation Reduction Act are drawing investment dollars south of the border when it comes to things like renewable energy and carbon capture and storage.

Last edited:
This has been going on for decades, long before the I.R.A was ever even discussed so I am quite perplexed that NOW they speak up. It is also ironic that they suggest that "we risk being uncompetitive".

Where have they been the last three decades? Canada is near the bottom in the G20 ranking of innovation and efficiency. We are in deep trouble.

A key component of this is that people leave to avoid the Stasi-like system we have here, preferring freedom, transparency, accountability and opportunity that the U.S provides. I've said it many times, it doesn't matter who wins in November, talented Canadians will always look to go to the U.S to pursue freedom and ambition.

“You can just see the brainpower heading south,” Seitz said, adding the tax credits and subsidies offered through President Joe Biden’s landmark Inflation Reduction Act are drawing investment dollars south of the border when it comes to things like renewable energy and carbon capture and storage.
I have a cousin who's son would love to come to America. He went to China to be a teacher. I guess it pays a lot. So is it hard for a young person in Canada to find a job? And her brother has 3 kids all going to American colleges. Why? Aren't there good Canadian colleges?

On another note, yesterday I watched this story about a Canadian guy who murdered 2 women and tried shoving their bodies down the drain. He got caught because the landlord called a plumber even though he said he'd take care of it himself. The smell was too much. So they arrest him but not for murder. And he won't talk. So they throw out the dismembering charge and decide to go for murder charge. But they need to hear him say he murdered them. Otherwise, a jury might find him INNOCENT of murder. And he would walk. Why? Charge him with both and if they say not guilty of murder, you still put him in jail for hacking up the bodies. But not in Canada.

In the end the jury did the right thing. He got the max. 25 years. My question is this. If 25 is the max, do you have psychopaths who murdered 26 years ago out among you? Do they ever get out and murder again?

It's just weird that no matter what someone does, you can only put them in jail for 25 years max. And I hear your prisons are nice.

I have a cousin who's son would love to come to America. He went to China to be a teacher. I guess it pays a lot. So is it hard for a young person in Canada to find a job? And her brother has 3 kids all going to American colleges. Why? Aren't there good Canadian colleges?

On another note, yesterday I watched this story about a Canadian guy who murdered 2 women and tried shoving their bodies down the drain. He got caught because the landlord called a plumber even though he said he'd take care of it himself. The smell was too much. So they arrest him but not for murder. And he won't talk. So they throw out the dismembering charge and decide to go for murder charge. But they need to hear him say he murdered them. Otherwise, a jury might find him INNOCENT of murder. And he would walk. Why? Charge him with both and if they say not guilty of murder, you still put him in jail for hacking up the bodies. But not in Canada.

In the end the jury did the right thing. He got the max. 25 years. My question is this. If 25 is the max, do you have psychopaths who murdered 26 years ago out among you? Do they ever get out and murder again?

It's just weird that no matter what someone does, you can only put them in jail for 25 years max. And I hear your prisons are nice.

What does this story have to do with Canada losing our best and brightest?

Those most involved in crimes do so against our own citizens and they are primarily part of the Security Industrial Complex. The same people who have ruined our reputation so that when America and other nations assess foreign nations human right records, ours has been in sharp decline for a long time.

Six or seven of the smartest citizens I've even known from high school up through university are in the U.S. That isn't by accident.

Last edited:
What does this story have to do with Canada losing our best and brightest?

Those most involved in crimes do so against our own citizens and they are given part of the Security Industrial Complex. The same people who have ruined our reputation so that when America and other nations assess foreign nations human right records, ours has been in sharp decline for a long time.

Six or seven of the smartest citizens I've even known from high school up through university are in the U.S. That isn't by accident.
America is definitely way better than Canada. I don't get it. You don't have a corrupt government. You don't have trickle down. What is it? Is it impossible for people to start small business'? Why when you don't have to worry about healthcare? I asked my brother how much healthcare is going to cost me when I'm 63 and want to retire early. He said about $15,000 a year. Are taxes too high? Do you have corrupt unions?

You would think Canada would be very much like America.

In Canada, teachers make an average of $78,373 per year, with an additional average cash compensation of $3,412.

In 2021, the median after-tax income in Canada was $68,400, which is equivalent to about $50,348 USD

In 2022, the average annual salary in Canada was $59,300.

• With an average annual salary of $64,850 in 2023 (Labour Force Survey), Canada is among the 20 top paying countries
  • The national average salary is expected to go up by a 4.2% in 2024
  • Sectors paying the highest weekly wages continue to be mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
The average yearly income of Canada’s top 1% salary earners was $579,100 in 2023

Compared to America

Entering the top 1% of earners requires an average annual income of $819,324. In the highest echelon — the top 0.1% — the average income is $3.3 million. The rapid wage growth for these groups is noteworthy.

So do your rich need to get richer? Is that the solution? Are they not making enough?

America is definitely way better than Canada. I don't get it. You don't have a corrupt government. You don't have trickle down. What is it? Is it impossible for people to start small business'? Why when you don't have to worry about healthcare? I asked my brother how much healthcare is going to cost me when I'm 63 and want to retire early. He said about $15,000 a year. Are taxes too high? Do you have corrupt unions?

You would think Canada would be very much like America.

In Canada, teachers make an average of $78,373 per year, with an additional average cash compensation of $3,412.

In 2021, the median after-tax income in Canada was $68,400, which is equivalent to about $50,348 USD

In 2022, the average annual salary in Canada was $59,300.

• With an average annual salary of $64,850 in 2023 (Labour Force Survey), Canada is among the 20 top paying countries
  • The national average salary is expected to go up by a 4.2% in 2024
  • Sectors paying the highest weekly wages continue to be mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
The average yearly income of Canada’s top 1% salary earners was $579,100 in 2023

Compared to America

Entering the top 1% of earners requires an average annual income of $819,324. In the highest echelon — the top 0.1% — the average income is $3.3 million. The rapid wage growth for these groups is noteworthy.

So do your rich need to get richer? Is that the solution? Are they not making enough?

Yes, taxes and cost of living are too high. We are forced to purchase insurance in certain spheres that you may not have to in the U.S.

The problem is that with such high taxes and massive government, it funds a domestic security industrial complex, and, it allows nepotism and meddling in peoples lives from the cradle to the grave.

In the U.S I would have had this dealt with decades ago because your system greatly values your Constitution and domestic rights. Don't be fooled, many people are leaving because they are aware that something is amiss. It's not unlike the old East Germany. People knew, they couldn't always put their finger on it, but they knew.

This is why there has been an increase of judges holding police to account in Ontario. The outrage from citizens is becoming too loud and there is alot being exposed about these domestic abuses. When it is confirmed by real court decisions that give them a free hand to do whatever they want, it was due time the courts and politicians started to say "the actions of these apparatuses are destroying our reputation, foreign interest in our country and ultimately our economy"

Yes, taxes and cost of living are too high. We are forced to purchase insurance in certain spheres that you may not have to in the U.S.

The problem is that with such high taxes and massive government, it funds a domestic security industrial complex, and, it allows nepotism and meddling in peoples lives from the cradle to the grave.

In the U.S I would have had this dealt with decades ago because your system greatly values your Constitution and domestic rights. Don't be fooled, many people are leaving because they are aware that something is amiss. It's not unlike the old East Germany. People knew, they couldn't always put their finger on it, but they knew.

This is why there has been an increase of judges holding police to account in Ontario. The outrage from citizens is becoming too loud and there is alot being exposed about these domestic abuses. When it is confirmed by real court decisions that give them a free hand to do whatever they want, it was due time the courts and politicians started to say "the actions of these apparatuses are destroying our reputation, foreign interest in our country and ultimately our economy"

Before I read the rest, I wanted to say, do you mean like

Trump, McCain, Mitt Romney, Bush are all nepo babies.

Clinton, Obama, Biden and Kamala are not. Al Gore's father wasn't a rich guy either.

Do you think the rich should run the government? Take it over?

Before I read the rest, I wanted to say, do you mean like

Trump, McCain, Mitt Romney, Bush are all nepo babies.

Clinton, Obama, Biden and Kamala are not. Al Gore's father wasn't a rich guy either.

Do you think the rich should run the government? Take it over?

I don't follow.

You said you have a nepotism problem. So do we. Look at George Bush and Hunter Biden. Two great examples.

Hunter Biden was appointed to a five-year term on the board of directors of Amtrak by President George W. Bush in 2006.

The nepotism here though, creates conflicts of interest so that a police apparatus for instance, will willfully lie, manufacture threats and destroy lives in order to justify their existence, burn more government money and protect themselves even if it hurts our economy and global reputation.

This is why people are leaving. The opportunities here are gone, relegated to government positions which are determined through nepotism. If they can't put their finger on what's going in within many citizens lives or in the economy, they abstractly understand and leave for greener pastures and freedom.

I speak from extensive experience on these methods as a victim

The nepotism here though, creates conflicts of interest so that a police apparatus for instance, will willfully lie, manufacture threats and destroy lives in order to justify their existence, burn more government money and protect themselves even if it hurts our economy and global reputation.

This is why people are leaving. The opportunities here are gone, relegated to government positions which are determined through nepotism. If they can't put their finger on what's going in within many citizens lives or in the economy, they abstractly understand and leave for greener pastures and freedom.

Nepotism is a common practice in Canada, especially in family-owned businesses and in federal government departments and agencies. It's legal in Canada because there are no laws that prohibit it, and there are no minimum standards for fairness and transparency in employment. However, nepotism can be considered discrimination, which is against human rights legislation.

I also found this

Yes, nepotism is relatively common in corporate America, though its prevalence can vary by industry and company culture. Nepotism refers to the practice of favoring relatives or friends in hiring, promotions, or other business decisions. Here are some key points regarding its occurrence:

1. Cultural Factors: In some industries, particularly family-owned businesses, nepotism is more accepted and can be a standard practice. In others, it may be frowned upon, especially in larger corporations that emphasize meritocracy.
So it happens here. It's just not that big of a problem here because there are plenty of other ways or places to make GOOD money.

It's like affirmative action. I do feel bad for the white guys who lose a job because the company is looking for a diversity candidate but they'll be fine. For centuries they've had it better than their diversity counterparts. Time to break up the good old white boys network.

Forum List

Back