Ultimate energy source

Yes I agree, "The air bubble will expand as it rises creating more lift, not less".
But none of your equations factor in depth at all, so are fairly meaningless.
You call the lift Y, but there is no single value Y, as it is not a constant but a calculated value, based on depth.
Yes, depth is the key :)-
At one (1) atmosphere surface pressure, a cubic foot of air displaces one (1) cubic foot of air.
At two (2) atmospheres' surface pressure, a cubic foot of air is compressed down to one-half (1/2) cubic foot.

The trend is not linear, it does not follow a straight line; there is a multiplying effect that creates more lift at any moment in time.
This is the key
as i see it :)-

First of all, the lifting force of Y is not a constant.
At greater depth, the air will be far more compressed by the greater pressure, so will have much less lifting force than when near the surface, where the pressure will be lower and the air will greatly expand.
In order to rise, a fully submerged container of air must first be able to lift the entire water column above it. Considering a vertical air cylinder, the area of its circular top times the depth of water above times the water's density provides the weight or head pressure to be overcome. The air expanding "near the surface" is irrelevant since the volume of water above it is shrinking simultaneously and at the same time too. The head pressure or weight of the water column above the trapped air is what matters, not the air's volume. The air pressure within a common air tank will generally make little difference. Though its weight varies, its volume remains fixed.

At one (1) atmosphere surface pressure, a cubic foot of air displaces one (1) cubic foot of air.
At two (2) atmospheres' surface pressure, a cubic foot of air is compressed down to one-half (1/2) cubic foot.

The trend is not linear, it does not follow a straight line; there is a multiplying effect that creates more lift at any moment in time.
This is the key
a

This is the key

Some things just need to be repeated.,.,,.,..,.,..
until heard :)-

At one (1) atmospheres' surface pressure, a cubic foot of water displaces one (1) cubic foot of water.
At one (1) atmospheres' surface pressure and two (2) feet down, one (1) cubic foot of water still takes up one (1) cubic foot and weighs about the same as any of the ones (1s) above.

The trend is constant (the surface pressure does not change), it does follow a straight line (zero change over time); there is no multiplying effect that creates more lift at any moment in time.
This is the key

Some things should need no repetition.,.,,.,..,.,..
They should go without saying ;)-

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back