University of Delaware to make layoffs amid $250M budget gap

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
NEWARK, Del. - The University of Delaware has announced that layoffs and other cost-cutting measures are needed to reduce a $250 million budget deficit this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The News Journal reports that the staff layoffs announced Thursday don’t apply to faculty members.

Other cost-cutting measures include a voluntary retirement program, staff hour reductions, unpaid leave and temporary reductions to retirement contributions. Staff seeking voluntary retirement must notify the university by Oct. 5.

In June, the university projected at least a $168 million gap between revenue and expenses for the current fiscal year.

I wonder how many universities are going to end up folding over all of this. I know my son has said that his may fold.

NEWARK, Del. - The University of Delaware has announced that layoffs and other cost-cutting measures are needed to reduce a $250 million budget deficit this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The News Journal reports that the staff layoffs announced Thursday don’t apply to faculty members.

Other cost-cutting measures include a voluntary retirement program, staff hour reductions, unpaid leave and temporary reductions to retirement contributions. Staff seeking voluntary retirement must notify the university by Oct. 5.

In June, the university projected at least a $168 million gap between revenue and expenses for the current fiscal year.

I wonder how many universities are going to end up folding over all of this. I know my son has said that his may fold.

If Universities close, who will indoctrinate youth into Communism?

Worse yet, they could turn to the Khan Academies and actually end up EDUCATED, this is a nightmare for the left..

State universities will not fold

But there seems to be a lot of unnecessary administrators in education

so firing many of them is a good thing

Yes simply watching khan academy will fix everything. We need more doctors, and white collar people. Khan academy wont get them those jobs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back