US just launched missiles into Libya.......

Getting back to the topic at hand, it should be interesting to see what will be the role of the U.S going forward in this conflict. President Obama has said I believe that there will be no U.S ground troops. So if there will be troops in Libya, other countries will be doing the heavy lifting. A welcome change if that is the case.
From what I understand, it is a UN action. That we are more active at first is just because we have the fire power. In the end, it should and will be up to the UN to keep peace.

Lets hope so, Rwanda? NATO and the UN in the Balkan, I don't know, sounds kind of iffy to me.

how do you feel about our stances on Yemen and Bahrain?

It takes a special kind of partisan blinders not to see this point.

Didn't Saddam also kill many of his own people? And isn't that why we had no fly zones there?
Yes, he did..and he was hanged for killing 150 of them. But that is not why we invaded Iraq, that was something that happened way before our invasion.

Please don't try to rewrite history.

Seems you are trying to rewrite history yourself. Even up to 2003 before our Invasion Saddam was brutally suppressing the shia and kurds. As well as firing routinely on US planes enforcing the UN no fly zone. For over a decade the US enforced a UN sanctioned no fly zone that was mostly ineffective at stopping Saddam from slaughtering people. Especially in the south.

We invaded Iraq on several Pretexts. The most apparent one being suspected WMD. The fact we found none changes nothing about the fact that Saddam was clearly in violation of several UN resolutions, and was resisting the UN no fly zone.

I'm curious about where the money is coming from to confront a dictator that hasn't externally threatened anyone?

As far as I can tell, he's doing nothing that the USA hasn't done in Waco, or Ruby Ridge.

I would not be surprised if the Arab League was footing at least part of the bill for the missiles we used. It happened during the Gulf War.

I would say however it is a ridiculous comparison to compare what's going on in Libya with Waco or Ruby Ridge.

Easy to say "ridiculous," but difficult to say why?

The comparison is quite obvious: Both governments a killing citizens who have armed themselves. The only difference is that the Davidians never threatened to attack a refinery.

I find the Arab League's support for this action more than a little hypocritical since Libya is only a reflection of their own internal problems. But if it proves true, I hope they are equally supportive when the US sends Tomahawks into Saudi Arabia.

Didn't Saddam also kill many of his own people? And isn't that why we had no fly zones there?
Yes, he did..and he was hanged for killing 150 of them. But that is not why we invaded Iraq, that was something that happened way before our invasion.

Seems you are trying to rewrite history yourself. Even up to 2003 before our Invasion Saddam was brutally suppressing the shia and kurds. As well as firing routinely on US planes enforcing the UN no fly zone. For over a decade the US enforced a UN sanctioned no fly zone that was mostly ineffective at stopping Saddam from slaughtering people. Especially in the south.

We invaded Iraq on several Pretexts. The most apparent one being suspected WMD. The fact we found none changes nothing about the fact that Saddam was clearly in violation of several UN resolutions, and was resisting the UN no fly zone.
Saddam was hanged for something that happened twenty years ago...Ghadaffi is being attacked for killing his people now.

It isn't me that is rewriting history...

From what I understand, it is a UN action. That we are more active at first is just because we have the fire power. In the end, it should and will be up to the UN to keep peace.

I hope this is the case. I also hope the UN and the other countries involved can help the Libyan Rebels set up a stable Government once they take control.

It takes a special kind of partisan blinders not to see this point.

So there weren't any rape rooms and torture chambers in Iraq when we attacked?

And if there was no danger of Saddam killing his own people after Desert Storm, why did we have no fly zones in place...

Sorry but like it or not there are some similarities here.

But regardless, pray we don't send ground forces into Libya.

I'm curious about where the money is coming from to confront a dictator that hasn't externally threatened anyone?

As far as I can tell, he's doing nothing that the USA hasn't done in Waco, or Ruby Ridge.

I would not be surprised if the Arab League was footing at least part of the bill for the missiles we used. It happened during the Gulf War.

I would say however it is a ridiculous comparison to compare what's going on in Libya with Waco or Ruby Ridge.

think that ridiculous?

try getting an answer as to why the media is silent on Yemen and Bahrain or why the war powers res. act is not being followed.....I started counting this morning, after mentioning it yesterday as well, 8 times I have asked and made references to it, I have received one direct answer, from you, and one sorta maybe possible glancing answer back aside from that.

The hypocrisy meter is pinned.............

NOT ONE of the sppters of the US involvement of the No Fly ( which isn't a no fly btw) will touch it......

I hope this is the case. I also hope the UN and the other countries involved can help the Libyan Rebels set up a stable Government once they take control.

Well, they've done a great job in Haiti......

you mean when we enforced the laws that led to the death of 500k children? they had every right to fight back

think that ridiculous?

try getting an answer as to why the media is silent on Yemen and Bahrain or why the war powers res. act is not being followed.....I started counting this morning, after mentioning it yesterday as well, 8 times I have asked and made references to it, I have received one direct answer, from you, and one sorta maybe possible glancing answer back aside from that.

The hypocrisy meter is pinned.............

NOT ONE of the sppters of the US involvement of the No Fly ( which isn't a no fly btw) will touch it......

That's because it hasn't been on Fox News or MSNBC.

90% of the members here simply regugitate whatever they hear the talking heads say.

you mean when we enforced the laws that led to the death of 500k children? they had every right to fight back

:bsflag:

hyperbole alert........:eusa_hand:

hyperbole alert........:eusa_hand:

Its because he's a recovering alcoholic.:eusa_shhh:

Wow, we killed 500,000 children in Iraq? What are you smoking?

:rolleyes:

Face it rightwingloons, there is no valid comparison and all you are doing is making yourselves look stupid.

how are they making themselves look ridiculous? this whole magilla is ridiculous.....

let me share a comment with you here and ask 2 questions;

Despite the urgency, it appears that the Libyan insurrection likely will be over before the Obama administration makes any decision as to what to do about it. It may well be that the best course has always been to do nothing. But if that is the case, what was the point of Obama’s pronouncement that Qaddafi “must” go? If it is important that Qaddafi go, then why is the United States unwilling to lift a finger to bring about the event that “must” happen? And how can a situation simultaneously be urgent, but not worth doing anything about?

Power Line - Scenes of a Disaster

q- why is the Libyan popular uprising actionable, while Yemen is not?

q- why is the Bahrain popular uprising actionable, while Yemen is not?

It would of been nice if you had been this clear when you asked me earlier. Clearly Yemen and Bahrain is not getting as much attention because their governments are friendly with the U.S and others in the ongoing War on Terror. You're not making any startling points however by pointing this out.

It would of been nice if you had been this clear when you asked me earlier. Clearly Yemen and Bahrain is not getting as much attention because their governments are friendly with the U.S and others in the ongoing War on Terror. You're not making any startling points however by pointing this out.

So....when do we begin sending Tomahawks into Iran?

How about N. Korea: Isn't it about time we stop the government there from starving their citizens?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back