US just launched missiles into Libya.......

r2074244576.jpg

Yea i just don't understand his Vacation-timing. He should have probably sent Clinton to South America. He should be here at home while he's conducting a bombing campaign. Very poor Vacation-timing.

Even their BOOOOOOOSH Boogeyman went to Congress for some kind of authorization. The Left/Democrat spin on these bombings just doesn't add up. Gaddafi is much worse than Saddam Hussein and these Bombings have nothing to do with Oil? Seriously,who believes that Shite? Very very weak spin in my opinion.
President Obama DID GO TO the 19 top congressmen and senators on the Intelligence select committee to inform them what the US participation in the UN action on Lybia would be.

I think the entire congress should be informed instead of the procedure that the Bush admin set up where only the top officials on the intelligence committees get informed....Obama followed what president bush set up as the procedure.

The news reported that Congress was notified through these intelligence committees.

yes the media did, as they had bill revving them up ala regime change since when? 96, 97? You know we voted, we went.

we did think that wmds etc. would be found and that would suffice along with tenuous links to AQ etc. to suffuse the event with the proper justification.

thats what we thought THEN.......ante-bellum iraq.

As i said, if I don't sppt. this venture how does this make me a hypocrite, I beleive, hats what you said as a general statement?

That wasn't my full statement. I said Defending the War in Iraq but not supporting this would be hypocritical.

majority of the Left will support the President in this venture.

I suppose that would make me not as Liberal as the rest I suppose. Or perhaps more Liberal. I guess it depends how you look at it.

Even their BOOOOOOOSH Boogeyman went to Congress for some kind of authorization. The Left/Democrat spin on these bombings just doesn't add up. Gaddafi is much worse than Saddam Hussein and these Bombings have nothing to do with Oil? Seriously,who believes that Shite? Very very weak spin in my opinion.
President Obama DID GO TO the 19 top congressmen and senators on the Intelligence select committee to inform them what the US participation in the UN action on Lybia would be.

I think the entire congress should be informed instead of the procedure that the Bush admin set up where only the top officials on the intelligence committees get informed....Obama followed what president bush set up as the procedure.

The news reported that Congress was notified through these intelligence committees.

I a sorry care but I don't think that is really adequate, the bush equation if you mean bush 2, didn't involve a war powers resolution trigger.

Which obama has tripped, I have not seen anything on the media as to his briefing to Congress etc....

Which obama has tripped, I have not seen anything on the media as to his briefing to Congress etc....

Obama set to brief congressional leaders on Libya situation - TheHill.com

Among those expected to participate are: House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sens. Dick Lugar (R-Ind.), Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

Also scheduled to attend are Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), Howard Berman (D-Calif.), Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) and Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Md.).

Some lawmakers have already left Washington and will participate in the briefing by phone.

A White House official said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) had been invited but could not participate. The official did not know if Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) had been invited.

Possibly consulted but there have been no authorizations. Our Congress & People should be involved with these matters. I just don't care that the UN wants to Bomb the shit out of Libya. Our Constitution takes precedent over UN Mandates. I'm with Dr. Paul on these issues. Take it up in Congress and debate whether or not you want to declare War. I just can't support these kinds of Foreign Interventions.

yes the media did, as they had bill revving them up ala regime change since when? 96, 97? You know we voted, we went.

we did think that wmds etc. would be found and that would suffice along with tenuous links to AQ etc. to suffuse the event with the proper justification.

thats what we thought THEN.......ante-bellum iraq.

As i said, if I don't sppt. this venture how does this make me a hypocrite, I beleive, hats what you said as a general statement?

That wasn't my full statement. I said Defending the War in Iraq but not supporting this would be hypocritical.

ok so you mean defending it now? As in the invasion based on what we knew antebellum?

or defending it now even though we know there are no wmds?

he thinks using olbermann's chop-job, scott ritter, the comments of Bush's cabinet, and a former CIA man is enough to convince us that Bush said 9/11 and saddam were connected and that Bush lied to Congress as opposed to being misled by Saddam and manipulated by Cheney, wolfowitz, and others.

One last thing on the topic. I said I was leaning toward they willfully lied, however I left the door open to ignorantly bungled. My point was that the Iraq War was terribly mismanaged one way or another. Ignore the Olbermann video, Scott Ritter's comments and you still have some pretty damning evidence. Also, be sure to not ignore the intelligence from the CIA, UK, Germany, and Italy who all said there were no WMDs.

If he was manipulated by Cheney and others, then it's still pretty terrible. And that makes Cheney, Wolfowitz, and others even worse than Bush who in that case was just manipulated.

However, point being is that the evidence was there before the invasion of Iraq that there were no WMDs, no Saddam-9/11 link, and no evidence for justification for the War in Iraq. Members of the Administration either lied or spoke out in ignorance, and the so-called "Liberal" media bought it hook, line, and sinker without even bothering to question a damn thing.

Gonna have to agree to disagree I suppose.

UK intel thought there WMD's and George Tenet called it a "slam dunk".

:eusa_eh:

Care, Care, Care...:doubt:

You realise that informing nearly 550 congressman about, "what the US participation in the UN action on Lybia would be" is more than risking a strategic leak, its absolutely absurd. In fact telling 19 congressmen anything represents an incredibly high risk.

Yea his Vacation-timing does seem a bit bizarre too. I would think he should have sent Clinton to South America while he stayed here at home during his bombing campaign. He probably shouldn't be in South America right now. Just my opinion anyway.

If you're gonna conduct a half-assed military effort, then there's a point in appearing to be a half-assed CINC.

His advisors probably told him to leave so he wouldn't do anything stupid.

I a sorry care but I don't think that is really adequate, the bush equation if you mean bush 2, didn't involve a war powers resolution trigger.

found this also:

However, the U.N. resolution setting up the no-fly zone and mandating the protection of Libyan civilians does not call for regime change.

"This is about preventing the slaughter of the people in Banghazi," said an administration official who spoke on condition of anonymity when discussing strategy. "It's not about regime change."

Obama met with congressional leaders and senior administration officials at midday Friday and outlined how the administration will respond if Gadhafi fails to meet the coalition's demands.

The administration emphasized that the response was intended to be "time limited."

Lawmakers expressed a variety of concerns. But in interviews, several expressed confidence in the president's plans.

"We're going to have a limited role, a very short engagement, if there is one," said Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. "Within 24 to 48 hours, we'll be able to make a judgment" about whether Gadhafi is complying, Rogers said.

Rep. Howard Berman, D-Calif., senior Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said that many lawmakers had "cautionary concerns," but that Obama ultimately won support from many.

Read more: Obama threatens military action against Libya, but limits U.S. scope - Wire - Lifestyle - bellinghamherald.com

We are not AT WAR with the Libyans....we are enforcing a no fly zone, just as we enforced a no fly zone for a near decade with Saddam when we WERE NOT AT WAR WITH HIM.

This Government clearly turned all authority & control over to the UN on this one. This falls in line perfectly with what most Leftists/Internationalists/Globalists believe in. They really do believe UN Mandates carry more weight than our own U.S. Constitution. I guess that's why our President is away Vacationing in South America.

These Foreign Interventions should always be debated and voted on in our Congress. If you want to declare War on Libya,than go for it. Just take it up and debate it in Congress. It just doesn't matter that the UN wants to Bomb a Nation. Our involvement in such Bombings should be decided by our People. This current Foreign Intervention was not even presented to our Congress for debate or authorization. I just don't see how American Citizens can approve of this. It's just so perplexing.

Last edited:
We are not AT WAR with the Libyans....we are enforcing a no fly zone, just as we enforced a no fly zone for a near decade with Saddam when we WERE NOT AT WAR WITH HIM.

what's your definition of war?

Obama set to brief congressional leaders on Libya situation - TheHill.com

Among those expected to participate are: House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sens. Dick Lugar (R-Ind.), Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

Also scheduled to attend are Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), Howard Berman (D-Calif.), Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) and Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Md.).

Some lawmakers have already left Washington and will participate in the briefing by phone.

A White House official said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) had been invited but could not participate. The official did not know if Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) had been invited.

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548) was a United States Congress joint resolution providing that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or if the United States is already under attack or serious threat. The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding a presidential veto.
War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saturday’s conference call was organized by Rep. John Larson (Conn.), chairman of the Democratic Caucus and the fourth-highest ranking party leader. Larson has called for Obama to seek congressional approval before committing the United States to any anti-Qadhafi military operation.

“They consulted the Arab League. They consulted the United Nations. They did not consult the United States Congress,” one Democrat lawmaker said of the White House. “They’re creating wreckage, and they can’t obviate that by saying there are no boots on the ground. … There aren’t boots on the ground; there are Tomahawks in the air.”

Read more: Liberal Democrats in uproar over Libya action - John Bresnahan and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

*shrugs*

you tell me....

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C. 1541–1548) was a United States Congress joint resolution providing that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or if the United States is already under attack or serious threat. The War Powers Resolution requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding a presidential veto.

War Powers Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh and for what its worth this is NOT a no-fly zone. ;)

Well, at least we weren't the first ones to go in. France took out 4 tanks at the beginning.

Well, I guess now we're in support of the rebellion, eh?

"We," meaning the jews who control our government, are certainly supporting any and all "rebellions" agitated by the Mossad and the CIA for regime changes in every Middle East country until Israel controls all the oil-producing nations of the M.E., then we will be more at the mercy of the Israelis than we are right now, when they can call the shots for our military to go to war against any country simply by their creating false-flag operations to initiate the wars.

Since they have become so firmly entrenched in our government (Obama has more Jews in his administration than any other ever had), they feel they can foment war anywhere in the M.E. and America will take up arms against their prey. It began with their agitating Roosevelt and the Japanese into Pearl Harbor, and has continued up to this day - Korea, Viet Nam, and all the lesser wars we have fought in the 20th Century were instigated by Jews, either for their monetary gain by selling weapons, or for their long-range goal of owning all the M.E. lands.

Their goal is what they call "Greater Israel," reaching from the Mediterranean Sea to the Persian Gulf. Their ex-Foreign Minister's (Tzipi Livni) father, who was one of the Stern Gang terrorists when Israel was stolen from its Arab inhabitants in 1948, has a map of this "Greater Israel" engraved on his gravestone, and it is their devout aim to accomplish this goal.

Today, we and our "allies," France and England (Israel won't assist) are attacking the Zionists' latest target, Libya, because of a U.N. resolution they ignored, but it is a fact that Israel has defied hundreds of U.N. resolutions, and nothing has been done about it because of America's veto power in the General Assembly.

It has been like the fabled "Domino Theory," with first Iraq, then Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, and now Libya attacked either with weapons or propaganda in order to soften them up for regime change to ones favorable to the Israeli Jews - stepping stones to "Greater Israel."

found this also:

However, the U.N. resolution setting up the no-fly zone and mandating the protection of Libyan civilians does not call for regime change.

"This is about preventing the slaughter of the people in Banghazi," said an administration official who spoke on condition of anonymity when discussing strategy. "It's not about regime change."

Obama met with congressional leaders and senior administration officials at midday Friday and outlined how the administration will respond if Gadhafi fails to meet the coalition's demands.

The administration emphasized that the response was intended to be "time limited."

Lawmakers expressed a variety of concerns. But in interviews, several expressed confidence in the president's plans.

"We're going to have a limited role, a very short engagement, if there is one," said Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. "Within 24 to 48 hours, we'll be able to make a judgment" about whether Gadhafi is complying, Rogers said.

Rep. Howard Berman, D-Calif., senior Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said that many lawmakers had "cautionary concerns," but that Obama ultimately won support from many.

Read more: Obama threatens military action against Libya, but limits U.S. scope - Wire - Lifestyle - bellinghamherald.com

there is some real beltway speak going on in the gov., or frankly, a slow walk back....and the source is anonymous for what its worth;

example, from your link;

example-

Obama, Danish leader: Gaddafi must go

At White House, US president says Libyan leader 'lost legitimacy,' while Rasmussen condemns 'violent repression' of Libyan people

Reuters
Published: 03.15.11, 00:15 / Israel News

President Barack Obama and Denmark's prime minister said Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi should leave, but said little about how to make it happen.

Obama, Danish leader: Gaddafi must go - Israel News, Ynetnews

how does qadaffi go minus regime change?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back