US says it will open a consulate in disputed Western Sahara

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department said Thursday the United States will open a consulate in Western Sahara following President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Morocco’s sovereignty over the disputed region.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement that the process of opening the facility has begun. That process involves finding and securing a suitable property for a mission before personnel are hired. It was not immediately clear when or where it would be open but until then Pompeo said the U.S. Embassy in Rabat would operate a virtual consulate to serve Western Sahara.

Trump announced on Dec. 10 that the U.S. would recognize Morocco’s claim to Western Sahara as part of a deal for the North African country to normalize relations with Israel. The Trump administration has put a priority on securing such deals between Arab states and Israel and has thus far concluded four: the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco.

I'd say opening an embassy is a good move.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department said Thursday the United States will open a consulate in Western Sahara following President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Morocco’s sovereignty over the disputed region.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement that the process of opening the facility has begun. That process involves finding and securing a suitable property for a mission before personnel are hired. It was not immediately clear when or where it would be open but until then Pompeo said the U.S. Embassy in Rabat would operate a virtual consulate to serve Western Sahara.

Trump announced on Dec. 10 that the U.S. would recognize Morocco’s claim to Western Sahara as part of a deal for the North African country to normalize relations with Israel. The Trump administration has put a priority on securing such deals between Arab states and Israel and has thus far concluded four: the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco.

Weird. An embassy in a territory?

...goddamn--just like the Stimulus Bill crap...we need to CUT consulates/embassies.....how many in Mexico? 10?????????!!!!!!!!!

'Cept this isn't about Mexico.
hahhahahahahahah
we are in HUGE debt---it IS about opening a consulate you dumbfuck

Listen you uneducated hillbilly douchebag, this was a move that was made in recognizing Morroco's claim in exchange for their recognizing Israel.

I can see that we are in huge debt.

hahhahahahahahah

Listen you uneducated hillbilly douchebag, this was a move that was made in recognizing Morroco's claim in exchange for their recognizing Israel.

1.I politely respond to your thread and you talk shit to me= stupid
2.there is NO need for a consulate

hahhahahahahahah

You didn't politely respond, ya fuckin' douchebag. 2. You have failed to make your case as to why it's not necessary.

Thanks, for playing.

hahhahahahahahah

You didn't politely respond, ya fuckin' douchebag. 2. You have failed to make your case as to why it's not necessary.

Thanks, for playing.
yes I did explain it --you must be a dumbass--we are in HUGE debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--you must be BLIND

hahhahahahahahah

Thanks, for playing.
yes I did explain it --you must be a dumbass--we are in HUGE debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--you must be BLIND
Oh? That was it? The entirety of it? Ok. Heard your inbred hilljack opinion. Now you can GFYS.

hahhahahahahahah

Thanks, for playing.
Oh? That was it? The entirety of it? Ok. Heard your inbred hilljack opinion. Now you can GFYS.
you're a SMART one.....in debt and SPEND more on crap

A consulate is NOT an embassy, sir!

Consulate, not embassy. Two different animals!

hahhahahahahahah

Thanks, for playing.
you're a SMART one.....in debt and SPEND more on crap

You are supposed to GFYS alone. This is not an act that requires anyone else to be present.

good idea----it is not just a territory---it is a large waste-land ----a kind of VACUUM that could be very
USEFUL for aggressive elements----over there in muzzie land. "others" have already claimed it------but the "others" (seems to be something like berbers) seem SO FAR to be harmless------sorta like Afghanistan was harmless in the 1970s

I think you will see Israeli consulate in western Sahara in exchange for Moroccan consulate in Jerusalem. You will see the American consulate there because Trump agreed to recognize Moroccan sovereignty over the western Sahara. You have to know how to play the game of politics.

Well Western Sahara is phucking Morocco so what is the big deal. Who else tried to claim anything around there.....Spain back in the day.

Well Western Sahara is phucking Morocco so what is the big deal. Who else tried to claim anything around there.....Spain back in the day.

??? "western Sahara is phucking Morocco"? Do you mean it is part of
Morocco? Yes it is, but it is also kinda a good strategic
OPENING for all kinds of trashy cultists----kinda like Afghanistan is

Forum List

Back