US Weekly Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Fall

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I know this will deeply disappoint MAGA World's prayers for a recession.

Low weekly US jobless claims, robust corporate profits highlight economy's resilience

The number of Americans filing new applications for unemployment benefits dropped to a four-month low last week, suggesting that the labor market remained fairly healthy.

The upbeat outlook on the economy was underscored by other data on Thursday showing corporate profits increased at a more robust pace than initially thought in the second quarter.

[snip]

STRONG ECONOMIC GROWTH

A separate report from the Commerce Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis showed corporate profits including inventory valuation and capital consumption adjustments increased at a $132.5 billion annualized rate in the second quarter. They were revised up from the $57.6 billion pace estimated last month.

The revision reflected a sharp upgrade to domestic profits of nonfinancial corporations, now estimated to have increased $108.8 billion, instead of $29.2 billion. That could support business spending on equipment.

Income at the disposal of households was also solid.

Full time employment growth has been robust under Biden, and exceeds full time employment under the previous administration.

fulll-time-employment.jpg

Economic Sentiment Reaches Highest Point in Over a Year Following the First Interest Rate Cut Since March 2020​

Four of the ESI’s five indicators increased during this period. Confidence in the overall U.S. economy saw the largest gain, rising 3.6 points to 48.7.

—Confidence in finding a new job increased 3.0 points to 38.5.
—Confidence in personal finances increased 1.6 points to 57.8.
—Confidence in buying a new home increased 0.3 points to 22.2.
—Confidence in making a major purchase decreased 0.7 points to 24.0.

trump-angry-4.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAHHH!

We are now spending 100% of our GDP.
A lie. Who told you this?

In FY2023, the Federal government spent $6.13 trillion.

US GDP for 2023 was $27.36 trillion.

In FY2020, the Federal government spent $7.4 trillion.

Trump proposes record-high $4.7 trillion budget

Trump says he wants a bigger stimulus package than the $2.2 trillion amount that Democrats are seeking

Lay off's continue and while you are sleeping they will "adjust" the figures and hide the truth on page 14 of the Wall Street Journal...
Another lie. Wishful thinking. You pray for America to fail.

I know this will deeply disappoint MAGA World's prayers for a recession.

Low weekly US jobless claims, robust corporate profits highlight economy's resilience

The number of Americans filing new applications for unemployment benefits dropped to a four-month low last week, suggesting that the labor market remained fairly healthy.

The upbeat outlook on the economy was underscored by other data on Thursday showing corporate profits increased at a more robust pace than initially thought in the second quarter.

[snip]

STRONG ECONOMIC GROWTH

A separate report from the Commerce Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis showed corporate profits including inventory valuation and capital consumption adjustments increased at a $132.5 billion annualized rate in the second quarter. They were revised up from the $57.6 billion pace estimated last month.

The revision reflected a sharp upgrade to domestic profits of nonfinancial corporations, now estimated to have increased $108.8 billion, instead of $29.2 billion. That could support business spending on equipment.

Income at the disposal of households was also solid.

Full time employment growth has been robust under Biden, and exceeds full time employment under the previous administration.

fulll-time-employment.jpg

Wait until next month when the automaker's layoffs count

When Bill Clinton was bragging about job creation one guy in the audience yelled "yeah, my wife and I have 4 of them"
More jobs were created under Clinton than any other president since.

More than the rest combined. Leaving out Biden. Biden may have matched Clinton.

jobs-clinton-to-trump.jpg

The fourth column is the number of jobs (in thousands) at the beginning of a term, the fifth column is the number of jobs at the end of the term.

More jobs were created under Clinton than any other president since.
More than the rest combined. Leaving out Biden. Biden may have matched Clinton.
The fourth column is the number of jobs (in thousands) at the beginning of a term, the fifth column is the number of jobs at the end of the term.
I voted for Clinton twice. (only democrat I ever voted for. Turned out to be a POS, meh.)
He and Newt ran the country with a balanced budget. We need to get back to that.

I voted for Clinton twice. (only democrat I ever voted for. Turned out to be a POS, meh.)
He and Newt ran the country with a balanced budget. We need to get back to that.

yet you wont vote for anyone that will balance the budget

Forum List

Back