USMB on an Android tablet

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
It's kind of a nightmare.

Screenshot_20210603-232605_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Select text, to bold/italics/underline, or click the link icon, and it's covered by the Android options. Are there any options you can enable that allow users to move that bold/link panel to run vertically along the side, or sit at the bottom of the window?

There are other issues, like trying to select/highlight one sentence and it jumps to selecting half the thread.

View attachment 497167

Select text, to bold/italics/underline, or click the link icon, and it's covered by the Android options. Are there any options you can enable that allow users to move that bold/link panel to run vertically along the side, or sit at the bottom of the window?

There are other issues, like trying to select/highlight one sentence and it jumps to selecting half the thread.

Yup. I’ve got an iPad and have similar issues.
Especially when trying to insert a linked photo or smiley icon, it often puts it up near the top of the post in some random place instead of where my cursor was.

View attachment 497167

Yup. I’ve got an iPad and have similar issues.
Especially when trying to insert a linked photo or smiley icon, it often puts it up near the top of the post in some random place instead of where my cursor was.
That too! I've had issues with my Android and my iPad but not necessarily the same issues.

I'm stuck with an android tablet while my laltop gets fixed. It is a horror. It even changes words that I type and the solutions that I've found don't work. I hate android.

View attachment 497167

If you are going to highlight a sentence or paragraph to quote, always start at the end of what you are quoting when you press and hold to highlight, and then move up. This will stop that thing from happening where it highlights everything.

When it does highlight everything, touch your screen once away from the highlighted area and count to ten. The highlighted area will finally go away and you can start over.

If you are going to highlight a sentence or paragraph to quote, always start at the end of what you are quoting when you press and hold to highlight, and then move up. This will stop that thing from happening where it highlights everything.
Yes, I also discovered that.

But where did the toggle go? You used to be able to toggle between the regular compose and the stripped compose that shows all the
[ ], etc. It seems to be missing on Android.

You also used to be able to grab the corner of the dialog box and resize it. That's gone too.

New Topics

Forum List

Back