USMB Sports Bar

The NY Jets have just became my favorite team in the AFC; surpassing the Chargers. I'll keep the Minnesota Vikings as my favorite overall team for now.

Reporter: What is a bigger priority for you right now__ a winning season for the Jets or a winning election for Mitt Romney?

Woody Johnson (New York Jets Owner): Well I think you always have to put country first. So I think it's very important that not only for us, but particularly for our kids and grandkids that this election come off with Mitt Romney and (Paul) Ryan as president and vice president.

Woody Johnson: I'd Rather Romney Win Than the Jets: Video - Bloomberg

They beat em last opening night (or opening game) and I don't think it mattered all that much. It'd be nice for the fans__ but come playoff time I dont think it matters much. Off the top of my head I think the C's were 3-1 last year reg season vs. them and it really had no impact on the series. They still came out flat in Game 1 after not knocking out Philly as quickly as they should have.

I think, what the C's need is just a a fast start in general. That'll give them the ability to manage their personnel most effectively. My hope is that they'll be quite deep.

My biggest hope is something people don't ever talk about. I hope Pierce comes into training camp 15-20 pounds lighter. He needs to if he's going to remain a dominant force.

They beat em last opening night (or opening game) and I don't think it mattered all that much. It'd be nice for the fans__ but come playoff time I dont think it matters much. Off the top of my head I think the C's were 3-1 last year reg season vs. them and it really had no impact on the series. They still came out flat in Game 1 after not knocking out Philly as quickly as they should have.

I think, what the C's need is just a a fast start in general. That'll give them the ability to manage their personnel most effectively. My hope is that they'll be quite deep.

My biggest hope is something people don't ever talk about. I hope Pierce comes into training camp 15-20 pounds lighter. He needs to if he's going to remain a dominant force.

Oh I know that 1 game won't mean much come playoff time, I just want the Celtics to come off to a good start. Beating the defending champion Miami Heat would be a good start, the thing that scares me about the Celtics is we don't have that 1 guy who can dominate a series offensively anymore, Pierce and Garnet are not capable of it, maybe a good game or 2 but not a whole series. Pierce has not been able to do that in years, Rondo tried against Miami in the ECF and did drop a 44 point game, but Rondo is not a volume scorer like that.

The Celtics need to beat the Heat opening night, they have to.

Oh I know that 1 game won't mean much come playoff time, I just want the Celtics to come off to a good start. Beating the defending champion Miami Heat would be a good start, the thing that scares me about the Celtics is we don't have that 1 guy who can dominate a series offensively anymore, Pierce and Garnet are not capable of it, maybe a good game or 2 but not a whole series. Pierce has not been able to do that in years, Rondo tried against Miami in the ECF and did drop a 44 point game, but Rondo is not a volume scorer like that.

They weren't getting much from Ray cos of his injury. Jason Terry can string some games. And not having Bradley's lockdown defense was a blow. With Bradley in the mix, he can lockdown Wade and then its just a matter of good team defense on the others.

I think defensive rebounding is a key. Can they get back to at least being an average defensive rebounding team__ Early indications are no. But hopefully they work with Fab Melo to make him a force.

They weren't getting much from Ray cos of his injury. Jason Terry can string some games. And not having Bradley's lockdown defense was a blow. With Bradley in the mix, he can lockdown Wade and then its just a matter of good team defense on the others.

I think defensive rebounding is a key. Can they get back to at least being an average defensive rebounding team__ Early indications are no. But hopefully they work with Fab Melo to make him a force.

The rebounding has been an issue for years, and it got even worse when KG got injured and when Perkins was traded. We STILL have not found someone to take Perkins place full time and we have no answer for Dwight Howard or Bynum anymore. Melo is going to take a few years to develop.

The rebounding has been an issue for years, and it got even worse when KG got injured and when Perkins was traded. We STILL have not found someone to take Perkins place full time and we have no answer for Dwight Howard or Bynum anymore. Melo is going to take a few years to develop.

Stiemsma is gone and the C's are way short on bigs. The plan will be to play Melo 15-25 minutes a game. He will need to contribute right away.

And one or two of Green, Sullinger, Joseph will likely need to solidify themselves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvXtcJJdimA]Born And Raised In Nevada - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYj4evcDgls]Greg Anthony Campaigns for Governor Romney in Nevada, NBC Las Vegas - YouTube[/ame]

Stiemsma is gone and the C's are way short on bigs. The plan will be to play Melo 15-25 minutes a game. He will need to contribute right away.

And one or two of Green, Sullinger, Joseph will likely need to solidify themselves.

I heard on NBA TV Melo might be going to the D League for further development.

I heard on NBA TV Melo might be going to the D League for further development.

Yea. I guess he's still too raw. He already easily is their best shot blocker by far. Hopefully he'll be ready to contribute by the end of the season.

Could we see an MVP season from Rondo? With Ray gone, he doesn't have worry about satiating him and rewarding him for running through screens. He can go all over the court and pick apart whatever the weakness is on any given night and even look for his own shots and drives more.

In the post-season last year (against tighter defenses) Rondo averaged:

17.3 ppg, 11.9 asts, 6.7 rebs, 2.4 stls

I could see him averaging:

19-22 ppg, 10-12 asts, 5-6 rebs, 2-3 stls

Could we see an MVP season from Rondo? With Ray gone, he doesn't have worry about satiating him and rewarding him for running through screens. He can go all over the court and pick apart whatever the weakness is on any given night and even look for his own shots and drives more.

In the post-season last year (against tighter defenses) Rondo averaged:

17.3 ppg, 11.9 asts, 6.7 rebs, 2.4 stls

I could see him averaging:

19-22 ppg, 10-12 asts, 5-6 rebs, 2-3 stls

The NBA will NEVER let anyone from the Celtics win an MVP award, that bogus award is reserved for Lakers and Miami Heat players only.

Forum List

Back