USMB Sports Bar

Could we see an MVP season from Rondo? With Ray gone, he doesn't have worry about satiating him and rewarding him for running through screens. He can go all over the court and pick apart whatever the weakness is on any given night and even look for his own shots and drives more.

In the post-season last year (against tighter defenses) Rondo averaged:

17.3 ppg, 11.9 asts, 6.7 rebs, 2.4 stls

I could see him averaging:

19-22 ppg, 10-12 asts, 5-6 rebs, 2-3 stls

The NBA will NEVER let anyone from the Celtics win an MVP award, that bogus award is reserved for Lakers and Miami Heat players only.

Mmm__ I don't think the NBA has as much control over that as they do say__ playoff games. Nash won 2 mvps while on the Suns and even with Kobe having a big statistical year (from an idiotic standpoint). The media controls it. And I don't think the media are always fair; but they don't have the same motives as Stern.

Could we see an MVP season from Rondo? With Ray gone, he doesn't have worry about satiating him and rewarding him for running through screens. He can go all over the court and pick apart whatever the weakness is on any given night and even look for his own shots and drives more.

In the post-season last year (against tighter defenses) Rondo averaged:

17.3 ppg, 11.9 asts, 6.7 rebs, 2.4 stls

I could see him averaging:

19-22 ppg, 10-12 asts, 5-6 rebs, 2-3 stls

The NBA will NEVER let anyone from the Celtics win an MVP award, that bogus award is reserved for Lakers and Miami Heat players only.

Mmm__ I don't think the NBA has as much control over that as they do say__ playoff games. Nash won 2 mvps while on the Suns and even with Kobe having a big statistical year (from an idiotic standpoint). The media controls it. And I don't think the media are always fair; but they don't have the same motives as Stern.

Kobe Bryant had just gotten through that whole rape trial, giving him an MVP award at that time wouldn't have went over well, not to mention the Lakers sucked badly during those years until Pau Gasol got there in the 08 season. The MVP award is a popularity contest like Prom Queen basically.

No__ The rape stuff was old news by then. However, Kobe did burn a lot of bridges and frankly, the media loved Nash and hated him at that point. I've learned that the media are more like a frat than a professional organization. Favre lost what would have been his 4th MVP in 2009 b/c they hated him. In a landslide, they gave it to their pinup doll, Peyton Manning (his 4th MVP instead); even though Favre, Brees and Rodgers were all more deserving.

Yanks+empty+seats3.jpg

Ass clown Yankees management.

I thought the whole rape thing burned Kobe out of at least 1 or 2 MVP's.

No. Kobe just wasn't the best player in any given year; a fact the media doesn't like to talk about b/c it's bad for business.

You can't look at any year Kobe didn't win it and say he deserved it. That's a fact that the media hates to state while they're rubbing his nuts.

They eventually had to screw over KG (who had already won an MVP) to give Kobe the MVP in 08; b/c they didn't want Kobe to never have won an MVP. POLITICS.

Man the Sixers mopped the floor with the Celtics last night, good thing it was just the pre season this would be a red flag otherwise.

Man the Sixers mopped the floor with the Celtics last night, good thing it was just the pre season this would be a red flag otherwise.

They probably wanted revenge while the C's didn't care.

Probably, they still had Nick Young and Jrue Holiday out there in the fourth quarter. Spencer Hawes busted our asses last night too, I'm not worried now but if something like this happens in the regular season that won't be good.

Probably, they still had Nick Young and Jrue Holiday out there in the fourth quarter. Spencer Hawes busted our asses last night too, I'm not worried now but if something like this happens in the regular season that won't be good.

I'm more worried about the development of the young guys and the health of the vets. We're gonna need to be deep to beat Miami and Chicago.

I'm more worried about the development of the young guys and the health of the vets. We're gonna need to be deep to beat Miami and Chicago.

For some reason Chicago doesn't really worry me, Derrick Rose doesn't have a Carmelo Anthony or even a Joe Johnson type guy to help him out in the play offs. Loul Deng and Boozer are too inconsistant, the Bulls will kick ass in the regular season and go home early like they always do. I am more worried about the Knicks than the Bulls.

For some reason Chicago doesn't really worry me, Derrick Rose doesn't have a Carmelo Anthony or even a Joe Johnson type guy to help him out in the play offs. Loul Deng and Boozer are too inconsistant, the Bulls will kick ass in the regular season and go home early like they always do. I am more worried about the Knicks than the Bulls.

Me neither; other than I know they could beat us. I'm just throwing them in their to be kind lol.

Me neither; other than I know they could beat us. I'm just throwing them in their to be kind lol.

The Bulls lost Amir Asik who was a big part of their bench and Kyle Korver, and keep in mind Derrick Rose won't be back until January and theres a chance he may miss the entire season again.

The Bulls lost Amir Asik who was a big part of their bench and Kyle Korver, and keep in mind Derrick Rose won't be back until January and theres a chance he may miss the entire season again.

Korver is a big loss. He was there outside threat and basically D-Rose's safety valve on drives.

Korver is a big loss. He was there outside threat and basically D-Rose's safety valve on drives.

Amir was a big loss too, him and Taj Gibson used to close out 4th quarters for the Bulls. Amir was a good defensive presence for them.

Celtics lost again last night, it wasn't a big deal for me since Doc basically played 4 third string guys and Courtney Lee in the 4th quarter, The Nets didn't have any of their starters play at all but their bench guys were very impressive, Andre Blatch lost alot of weight and was barely recognizable, and they have other big bodies like Reggie Evans that are pretty good. I just have a feeling this Celtics team is missing something, we still don't have a true center to put on the floor when Darko goes out, when Darko left the game yesterday the Nets were just strolling to the hoop and getting lay ups.

Forum List

Back