USMB Sports Bar

I envy that, if we had the same sort of commitment from guys like Tony Allen, Ray Allen, Stiesma, Pietrus etc we would be alot better off right now, thats for sure. Perkins was traded so I'm not including him in this.

Sometimes, it's circumstance too. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili were all championship players early in their careers and the Spurs were getting more bang for their buck. And once they knew they were a dynasty, it was easier for everyone to get together and sort of make a long term plan. The stability is much better for the players 4-12. They are able to find their roles and relish them; rather than competing for ego. Danny Green on any other team might be pissed that he was not getting more minutes or ball time with the way he's playing. And K Leanoard is a solid player who is having his ego checked at the door every day. On another team, he'd be learning bad attitudes.

It just sounds like a good environment for the players all the way around, I don't get why Boston isn't like that. We did win the championship in 2008 as soon as Pierce/Garnett/Allen were put together, made the Finals in 2010, thats really not a bad run. I don't get why instead of building around what we have it seems like we are just throwing pieces away and investing too much in players like Bass and Green.

If KG didn't go down with the knee injury; the C's would have likely three-peated. So, the model was there.

Although Bass played well in the playoffs last year; I'm not a huge fan of how he fits. Green is a fun an exciting player with a lot of upside. I'm looking forward to his progression.

I don't blame Ainge for Perkins. He was pressured by ownership to make the stupid cuts. Boston C's have had bad ownership ever since they were bought in the 90's and then the resulting partners essentially black balled Bird. The newer owners are better but not exactly world class.

The C's improved to 1-18 when scoring 79 or less during the KG era. I'm shocked by that stat. I thought they'd won a lot of low scoring ugly games.

The C's improved to 1-18 when scoring 79 or less during the KG era. I'm shocked by that stat. I thought they'd won a lot of low scoring ugly games.

71-69 final, Celtics win. 71 points is Boston's lowest total in a win since scoring 71 against the Pacers here in February of 2003.

Doc: "A college game broke out in the middle of a pro game. I told them it's gonna be an ugly game. We just gotta find a way to win."

161632809_10.jpg

Sometimes, it's circumstance too. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili were all championship players early in their careers and the Spurs were getting more bang for their buck. And once they knew they were a dynasty, it was easier for everyone to get together and sort of make a long term plan. The stability is much better for the players 4-12. They are able to find their roles and relish them; rather than competing for ego. Danny Green on any other team might be pissed that he was not getting more minutes or ball time with the way he's playing. And K Leanoard is a solid player who is having his ego checked at the door every day. On another team, he'd be learning bad attitudes.

It just sounds like a good environment for the players all the way around, I don't get why Boston isn't like that. We did win the championship in 2008 as soon as Pierce/Garnett/Allen were put together, made the Finals in 2010, thats really not a bad run. I don't get why instead of building around what we have it seems like we are just throwing pieces away and investing too much in players like Bass and Green.

If KG didn't go down with the knee injury; the C's would have likely three-peated. So, the model was there.

Although Bass played well in the playoffs last year; I'm not a huge fan of how he fits. Green is a fun an exciting player with a lot of upside. I'm looking forward to his progression.

I don't blame Ainge for Perkins. He was pressured by ownership to make the stupid cuts. Boston C's have had bad ownership ever since they were bought in the 90's and then the resulting partners essentially black balled Bird. The newer owners are better but not exactly world class.

I'm ok with Bass but he is more of a bench player to me, Kevin Garnett needs to be playing off a center like Perkins or Demarcus Cousins.

If Melo doesn't play anyway Pierce can get in the all star game? I'd rather have him get his rest to be honest.

I want to see Pierce in the game. He's due to light an all-star game up.

Well Melo got hurt last night, he has said he won't play. Maybe Pierce can get in? its a rip off anyways he should have already been there, Pierce is better than Luol Deng.

If Melo doesn't play anyway Pierce can get in the all star game? I'd rather have him get his rest to be honest.

I want to see Pierce in the game. He's due to light an all-star game up.

Well Melo got hurt last night, he has said he won't play. Maybe Pierce can get in? its a rip off anyways he should have already been there, Pierce is better than Luol Deng.

Cos KG got voted in, they weren't gonna put a 3rd Celtic in.

Cos KG got voted in, they weren't gonna put a 3rd Celtic in.

But its ok for the Heat to have 3 players? what a joke.

Team success plays a role. I'm okay with weighting team success. That way you don't have guys just jacking up shots to try and make the all-star game.

I don't wanna give Smith a max level contract. Once his hops start to diminish, his stats will go downhill fast.

I have to agree about the money, Smith is definently a good player but max money? I don't know about all that.

I could see giving him $14 mil per year for 3 years with a team option for the fourth year.

Paul Pierce, Celtics Must Borrow From Nuggets? Style While Keeping Own Late-Game Mentality | Boston Celtics | NESN.com

That’s how we play,” Celtics guard Avery Bradley said. “We’re a grind team, and we grinded this one out.”

With all due respect to Bradley, that is how the Celtics used to play. They have become a more dynamic team, ironically, since they lost Rajon Rondo, one of the league’s most dynamic players. They may have been a “grind” team for the last 5 1/2 seasons, but for the last seven games, they have been anything but. In fact, they have looked a lot like the Nuggets.

The Celtics are still in the bottom third of the league in pace, which measures the average possessions a team uses in a 48-minute game. The Nuggets play at a faster pace than any team other than the Rockets while challenging opponents to keep up in the thin mountain air. Recently, however, the Celtics’ results speak for themselves.

The Celtics are averaging 84.8 field goal attempts per game in February, all without Rondo, up from about 80 attempts per game prior to Rondo’s injury.

Forum List

Back