Vacation in Coastal Mississippi/ New Orleans

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Anyone got some good ideas for what to do and see while we are there? We are going this summer. Already got Beauvoir
Beach
Bourbon St
Battle of New Orleans site
Typical sightseeing in New Orleans to do
We love to thrift store shop so that as well
Wife wants to go by the Villalobos pitbull rescue as well

What else should we add to the list to do or see?

Anyone got some good ideas for what to do and see while we are there? We are going this summer. Already got Beauvoir
Beach
Bourbon St

Preservation Hall.

You won't be too far from the River road. Take a tour of one or two of those old plantation houses. You'll see what Mark Twain was talking about when he described their grandeur.

Beach
Bourbon St

We took a swamp tour in an air boat. I'd never seen anything like it. Going in the summer, it's going to be hot, so a couple hours in an air boat will be a cool afternoon, too.

I really had fun on the haunted/ghost/mystery walking tour of the French Quarter after dark. New Orleans is a really interesting place---nowhere else is like it. It's kinda rough around the edges after Katrina, but just be careful. When I was there, there was a murder every night.

Last edited:
You won't be too far from the River road. Take a tour of one or two of those old plantation houses. You'll see what Mark Twain was talking about when he described their grandeur.
Will do! I love historical stuff.

I worked in Laplace for a few months. It was nasty and beautiful at the same time. Plenty of history there.

Beach
Bourbon St

We took a swamp tour in an air boat. I'd never seen anything like it. Going in the summer, it's going to be hot, so a couple hours in an air boat will be a cool afternoon, too.

I really had fun on the haunted/ghost/mystery walking tour of the French Quarter after dark. New Orleans is a really interesting place---nowhere else is like it. It's kinda rough around the edges after Katrina, but just be careful. When I was there, there was a murder every night.

Mosquitoes big enough to stand flat footed and rape a turkey.

Beach
Bourbon St

Mosquitoes big enough to stand flat footed and rape a turkey.

Mmmhmm.

Gulf Islands National Seashore
Ocean Springs, MS

Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Biloxi, MS

Mississippi Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Ocean Springs, MS

Hurricane Katrina Memorial
Biloxi, MS

Round Island Lighthouse
Pascagoula, MS Watch out for the Squirrel...

World's "Largest Rocker"
Gulfport, MS

I want to tour LA so bad! Have a blast!
The coastal area of MS didnt do much for me. And the beaches are gross.

When was this? We went to Pensacola 2 years ago because that's where I am from and kids and wife had never seen the beach or gulf/ocean. Definitely don't want nasty beaches

Definitely don't want nasty beaches

If you are from Pensacola you know that weather, tides and currents have so much to do with water and beach quality... The gulf coast is not a high spot on water quality but I am kind of spoiled when it comes to beaches...

maui-hawaii-near-beach-64335058.jpg

On a good day...

Picture-82.png

Brown water on day after storms...

When was this? We went to Pensacola 2 years ago because that's where I am from and kids and wife had never seen the beach or gulf/ocean. Definitely don't want nasty beaches
Couple years ago. Nastiest ocean water I ever seen

Forum List

Back