Vance complains about $4 for a dozen eggs, standing behind a sign saying $2.99 for a dozen...

According to your own link what he said was factually correct.

Eggs cost $1.47 in early 2021. They went up to $4.82 last year..

They have gone down to $3.20 now. Are you really trying to claim costs have not skyrocketed?
BS. The sign shows the prices. Vance lied

He's NOT wrong! I went to Walmart yesterday and a dozen eggs were $3.74 where they used to be $1.09 a dozen...

That's not the point.

The point is he says "eggs are $4 a dozen" and yet he's standing in front of a sign saying they're "$2.99 a dozen"

Maybe in some places they're $4 and in other places they're not. Some places are more expensive than other places. But to stand there and say something with PROOF that where he is they're not that price....

It's stupid.

It's very Sunak.
1727311984509.png

Had this election photo....

and went to Belfast where the Titanic was built. Literally "are you going to sink too?" He sank.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Who says they haven't?
The data says they haven't. On the whole, grocery prices have not gone up 300%.

But, let me be clear, I do believe there is both inflation and gouging. But when isn't there? That's capitalism. Charge as much as you think you can charge, all the time.

And I also agree with you about not enough competition. But, just maybe, we have ALSO been enjoying artificially low prices for too long. Now that supply line networks are global, ripples in the supply have us bidding more against the Chinese for US beef, for example.

I suggest you develop a vaccine for avian flue.

The main culprit for rising egg prices is a familiar one: bird flu. Birds are getting sick, and that means fewer eggs and higher prices at the grocery store. “Bird flu is the number one reason for higher prices, absolutely,” said Phil Lempert, a grocery industry analyst and editor of SuperMarketGuru.com.1 hour ago

Here we go again. Egg prices are spiking. Here's why | CNN Business

cnn.com
https://www.cnn.com › 2024/09/25 › business › egg-pric...
Where is the bird flu happening?

"Egg demand is considered “inelastic,” Hubbell said, meaning consumers will usually buy the same amount regardless of price increases. On the flip side, she noted that consumers usually won’t stock up when they see lower costs."
That had nothing to do with this so called bird flu.

But yes she’s correct and it should be obvious to even the dumbest among us. You buy eggs and milk based on what you can use in the next couple weeks. Of course you don’t stock up they go bad fairly quickly. Unlike a sale on meat that you can freeze a sale on eggs you don’t run out and get a years worth, unless you’re an idiot. How the fuck are you going to stock up on eggs.

Where is the bird flu happening?

The avian flu is hammering U.S. poultry farmers, leaving experts to ask: What has changed?

More than 40 million egg-laying hens have been culled in the U.S. alone, making it the worst outbreak on record.

That had nothing to do with this so called bird flu.

But yes she’s correct and it should be obvious to even the dumbest among us. You buy eggs and milk based on what you can use in the next couple weeks. Of course you don’t stock up they go bad fairly quickly. Unlike a sale on meat that you can freeze a sale on eggs you don’t run out and get a years worth, unless you’re an idiot. How the fuck are you going to stock up on eggs.
It has everything to do with the bird flu.

Forum List

Back