Very emotional day today

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Today marks one month since my brother decided to end his life. I cant believe a month has gone by , Over a month since I talked to my brother.. I go next week to counselling . I really cant wait so I can get what is bottled up inside me out ..Also it will be a hard day for my husband tomorrow his dad would have been 84 yrs tomorrow .. He died the weekend of Fathers day in 2009.. 16 months later his mother died. She got cancer but denied a lot of treatment because she wanted to be with her spouse. They were married 55 yrs..

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Nox
Oh and again . I want to thank ALL of you who have supported me through this awful dark period in my life .. YOu guys were my counselor for the first few weeks after his passing. You just dont understand you the PMS I got were so great and even some phone calls from a special someone on here who prayed with me over the phone. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK Karen!! And Thank you all who stuck up for me it meant the world to me and could not believe strangers on a message board could be so kind

Troy is in heaven and one day you'll see him again, Lovebears and the Lord will wipe away every tear. I believe God that is exactly what is going to happen in the future. I am praying for you and Drifter tonight. He also is in need of comfort and love over his loss of his sister and other family members also. You are both in our prayers. -Jeri p.s. there are two other street preachers who are friends of mine and they were asked to pray also and will be faithful to lift you both up. The one brother prayed for all of you last night when we went to his home I brought 3 or 4 pages covered with your names with me. He is a great man of God in his 80's still preaching for the Lord! p.s. I will be praying for your husband tonight and in the morning time, Lovebears. So will my husband, I am telling him right now about it.

Last edited:
I believe every time someone gets the persons name coming to their memory - thinking of them, that is Gods way of telling the person - pray for them right now. We need to be aware of why we suddenly think of folks. It is to pray for them right then and there.

Lovesbears is walking the path we all must walk, and is doing it with humility and graciousness. It is awesome to observe, and for those of us who have walked it as well, we are walking it with Lovebears, too. Words never can express the pain, but shared suffering does make it bearable.

Hang in there.

Today marks one month since my brother decided to end his life. I cant believe a month has gone by , Over a month since I talked to my brother.. I go next week to counselling . I really cant wait so I can get what is bottled up inside me out ..Also it will be a hard day for my husband tomorrow would have been 84 yrs tomorrow .. He died the weekend of Fathers day in 2009.. 16 months later his mother died. She got cancer but denied a lot of treatment because she wanted to be with her spouse. They were married 55 yrs..

I find this song soothes my soul when I think about loved ones that have gone on before me.

The Rankin family wrote it to heal their own hearts as they have faced deaths in their family. Some gone too soon from this good earth.

Prayers to you and your husband for healing and peace.

[ame=http://youtu.be/2ZypkL0nsbc]Rankin Family - Rise Again - YouTube[/ame]

When the waves roll on over the waters
And the ocean cries
We look to our sons and daughters
To explain our lives
As if a child could tell us why

That as sure as the sunrise
As sure as the sea
As sure as the wind in the trees
We rise again in the faces
of our children
We rise again in the voices of our song
We rise again in the waves out on the ocean
And then we rise again

When the light goes dark with the forces of creation
Across a stormy sky
We look to reincarnation to explain our lives
As if a child could tell us why

That as sure as the sunrise
As sure as the sea
As sure as the wind in the trees
of our children
And then we rise again

of our children
And then we rise

LB, I didn't know about your brother. I am so very sorry about the choice he made, that he viewed life in such a way that he felt his only option was to take his own life. And I'm so sorry you and your family are having to go through this. I lost four family members this summer, including my father and mother (11 days apart). Please know that you are not alone, there are many who understand your grief,many who have and are going through it. I don't have any words to make it better, or make it hurt less, or make you stop missing him. I'm hoping that time helps.

Here, this is for you, Lovebears. I think this is beautiful, hope it helps a little.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNoLJy68ZcE]Dani and Lizzy - Dancing in the sky - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back