Virginia usurps Sunshine State as America's new retirement capital.....Darn

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Its stunning beaches, warm weather and low taxes have long made it a hotspot for elderly residents looking for a slower pace of life.

But Florida has officially been usurped as America's retirement capital after locals complained they had been priced out of the Sunshine State.

Research by finance firm Wallet Hub found that Virgina is now the best state to retire to due to its relative affordability and accessible healthcare.

70364175-12026501-Florida_has_officially_been_usurped_as_America_s_retirement_capi-a-17_1682712466622.jpg

I take this as bad news.....We're full.....But hey, at least I'm ahead of the curve having lived in Virginia all my life. ;)

Of course maybe we will end-up like FL politically.....Redder than ever. ;)

Its stunning beaches, warm weather and low taxes have long made it a hotspot for elderly residents looking for a slower pace of life.

But Florida has officially been usurped as America's retirement capital after locals complained they had been priced out of the Sunshine State.

Research by finance firm Wallet Hub found that Virgina is now the best state to retire to due to its relative affordability and accessible healthcare.

70364175-12026501-Florida_has_officially_been_usurped_as_America_s_retirement_capi-a-17_1682712466622.jpg

I take this as bad news.....We're full.....But hey, at least I'm ahead of the curve having lived in Virginia all my life. ;)

Of course maybe we will end-up like FL politically.....Redder than ever. ;)
Now you done it! Your going to have people in Golf Carts all over the place getting involved in local political issues they know nothing about. Then the hucksters and con artist and other low lifes will follow getting elected and finding goverment jobs for all there buddies and dragging the state down. Organize the resistance now! :)

Virginia has a lot going for it. For one thing, it has four seasons, which many northerners want. We don't want snow-mageddon in January, but the occasional 5 inches makes Winter seem more real and pleasant (since we don't have to go to work).

Yeah, I'd do Virginia - Williamsburg area, to be specific.

western Virginia has a lot to say for it for sure. Lots of trees, a lot more pleasant climate than Florida

Virginia has a lot going for it. For one thing, it has four seasons, which many northerners want. We don't want snow-mageddon in January, but the occasional 5 inches makes Winter seem more real and pleasant (since we don't have to go to work).

Yeah, I'd do Virginia - Williamsburg area, to be specific.

Liberal central.

There are no statistics furnished. It's an opinion piece by some Brit babe in a blog (the Daily Mail) that originates in London. What the hell do they know about Virginia and Florida? It's probably a hit piece aimed at DeSantis.

Forum List

Back