VP Kamala Harris to deliver first campaign speech in swing state Wisconsin

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008

US election live updates: Kamala Harris to deliver first campaign speech in swing state Wisconsin​

It's starting. I expect election polls to jump around before the real stuff sets in in September, after Labor Day. Harris has only been paired with Trump in hypothetical polls few probably took seriously. It's all very serious now. Harris has already gotten enough delegate support to be able to storm into the convention as the presumptive nominee (barring some freak incidents). Harris's potential candidacy for President has recently raised an incredible amount of US President.

I could be wrong. But so far things are going her way and she has stepped right up. She's proven to be ready on Day 1.

kamal harris.png

Kamala Wisconsin.png

Back in Milwaukee, Kamala Harris has just taken the stage.

The crowd is cheering continuously, and chanting what sounds like “Kamala! Kamala!”

Harris kicked off her remarks by reminding everyone that “the path to the White House goes to Wisconsin”.

In close elections – which may well be how November plays out – Wisconsin has acted as the “tipping point” state, giving the victor the electoral votes they need to win outright.

It’s also very closely divided between Democrats and Republicans.

2m ago19.43 BST
Harris calls serving as vice-president under Biden 'one of the greatest honors of my life', pledges to 'unite our party'

Kamala Harris then spoke glowingly of her service as his vice-president, while noting that even though she has the delegates necessary to win the Democratic nomination, she will focus on uniting the party around her candidacy.

“It has truly been one of the greatest honors of my life serve as vice-president to our president, Joe Biden,” Harris said.

“Joe’s legacy of accomplishment over his entire career and over the past three and a half years, is unmatched in modern history in one term. Think about it, in one term as president, he has already surpassed the legacy of most presidents who served two terms in office.”

She then acknowledged that she was on the path to becoming the Democratic standard bearer, but still has work to do:

It is my great honor to have Joe Biden’s endorsement in this race.

So, Wisconsin, I am told as of this morning that we have earned the support of enough delegates to secure the Democratic nomination.

And I am so very honored, and I pledge to you, I will spend the coming weeks continuing to unite our party, so that we are ready to win in November. So, friends, we have 105 days until election day. In that time, we’ve got some work to do, but we’re not afraid of hard work. We like hard work, don’t we? And we will win this election.

kamal comeback memes etc.png

When Harris said, in a May 2023 speech, “You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?,” a Republican YouTube channel snipped the clip from its context and tossed it to commentators, who used it to compare Harris to a daffy talk show host or to joke that she sounded high. Videos of Harris dancing at campaign events were labeled “cringe.” The stickiest anti-Kamala meme of the 2020 election — that the former prosecutor Harris “is a cop” — united leftists, Black Twitter and Republican trolls in an internet-wide project of framing Harris as either a reactionary or a hypocrite.

Now these images have been reversed. Since President Biden bowed out of the race and threw his support to Harris, the familiar old Kamala memes have risen again. It’s their interpretation that has changed.

In the hands of her online fans, Harris’s word salad has been replated as hypnotic internet speak. Her confounding coconut tree quote — “You exist in the context of all in which you live and what came before you,” she went on to say — now circulates as a symbol of the giddy high produced by her dizzy rise in a destabilized campaign. Her dance moves have been set to Charli XCX songs and filtered through Charli’s lime-green “Brat”-era branding, bathing Harris in her chill hot-mess pop star glow. Even “Kamala Harris is a cop” has been reclaimed, with an exaggerated wink, by supporters eager to fashion it into a winning general-election pitch.

US election live updates: Kamala Harris to deliver first campaign speech in swing state Wisconsin​

It's starting. I expect election polls to jump around before the real stuff sets in in September, after Labor Day. Harris has only been paired with Trump in hypothetical polls few probably took seriously. It's all very serious now. Harris has already gotten enough delegate support to be able to storm into the convention as the presumptive nominee (barring some freak incidents). Harris's potential candidacy for President has recently raised an incredible amount of US President.

I could be wrong. But so far things are going her way and she has stepped right up. She's proven to be ready on Day 1.

View attachment 982610

View attachment 982614

LOL

Let’s just get down to it.

Support of Kamalalala for President is simply Looney Tunes:

IMG_1095.jpeg

Th th th that’s all, folks!

View attachment 982610

View attachment 982614
16m ago14.59 EDT
Harris concluded by getting the room ready to put in the work necessary to help her win Wisconsin – and reiterating a message from when Joe Biden was running, that this election is a choice between two different futures of the United States.

“Ultimately, in this election, we each face a question: what kind of country do we want to live in?” the vice-president asked.

“And to your point, do we want to live in a country freedom, compassion and rule of law, or a country of chaos, fear and hate?
And here’s the beauty of this moment, we each have the power answer that question. The power is with the people. We each have the power to answer that question, and in the next 105 days, then we have work to do. We have doors to knock on, we have phone calls to make, we have voters to register, and we have an election to win.”

Harris concluded by saying:

So, Wisconsin, today, I ask you, are you ready to get to work? Do we believe in freedom, do we believe in opportunity? Do we believe in the promise of America, and are we ready to fight for it, and when we fight, we win?
Amid roars of the crowd, the vice-president said: “God bless you, God bless the United States,” and left the stage.

14.48 EDT

Harkening back to her time as prosecutor, Harris says, 'I know Donald Trump's type'​

With that out of the way, Kamala Harris began launching verbal salvos at Donald Trump, comparing him to the criminals and wrongdoers she used to meet in the courtroom.

“Before I was elected vice-president, before I was elected United States senator, I was elected attorney general of the state of California, and I was a courtroom prosecutor before then,” Harris said.

“And in those roles, I took on perpetrators of all kinds: predators who abused women, fraudsters who ripped off consumers, cheaters who broke the rules for their own gain. So hear me when I say, I know Donald Trump’s type.”

The crowd loved that line, and Harris kept at it:

And in this campaign, I promise you, I will proudly put my record against his any day of the week.

As attorney general of California, I took on one of our country’s largest for-profit colleges that was scamming students. Donald Trump ran a for-profit college that scammed students. As a prosecutor, I specialized in cases involving sexual abuse. Well, Trump was found liable for committing sexual abuse.

As attorney general of California, I took on the big Wall Street banks and held them accountable for fraud. Donald Trump was just found guilty of fraud on 34 counts.

Let’s also make no mistake, this campaign is not just about … Donald Trump. This campaign is about who we fight for. This is about who we fight for.

She won't be informative, she won't be intelligent, she won't be entertaining, she won't be enlightening and she won't be inspirational, but she will be a colossal embarrassment. Hopefully, foreign news outlets will be prevented from airing our embarrassment in their home countries. MAGA

She won't be informative, she won't be intelligent, she won't be entertaining, she won't be enlightening and she won't be inspirational, but she will be a colossal embarrassment. Hopefully, foreign news outlets will be prevented from airing our embarrassment in their home countries. MAGA
We understand your hopes and fears. we really do.

Now step aside and take the tired old man with you.

Election 2024: "The Prosecutor vs The Convicted Felon"

More like, Kamala 24: "The country is my John, I'll screw everyone"
You give us all hope: You and Trump.

Trump’s New Rival May Bring Out His Harshest Instincts​

After years planning to face President Biden, Donald J. Trump and his team will be campaigning against Kamala Harris. He has attacked female rivals and critics in brutal and personal terms.

The prosecutor-versus-felon approach may appeal to undecided voters who had been sour on both Mr. Trump and President Biden. It may also goad Mr. Trump, who reacts strongly to criticism, into resurrecting the language he has used against other Black female prosecutors, such as Letitia James in New York and Fani Willis in Georgia, both of whom he has called “racist” and attacked in personal terms.

“In those roles I took on perpetrators of all kinds: Predators who abused women, fraudsters who ripped off consumers, cheaters who broke the rules for their own gain. So hear me when I say, I know Donald Trump’s type,” she said.

Forum List

Back