WA bans gender terms from marriage certificates

so basically because a tiny minority of marriages will be same sex, they need to get rid of terms like husband and wife, so on the certificate, traditional marriage is gone due to a tiny minority. DIdn't liberals claim they weren't changing the definition of marriage yet they do things like this? And straight couples won't be allowed to have husband and wife on the certificate thanks to liberals.

State to Eliminate

I wonder why there cannot be two different certificates - one for heterosexual marriages, and another for homosexual marriages. That way, both sides are happy.

Or that too easy a solution?

so basically because a tiny minority of marriages will be same sex, they need to get rid of terms like husband and wife, so on the certificate, traditional marriage is gone due to a tiny minority. DIdn't liberals claim they weren't changing the definition of marriage yet they do things like this? And straight couples won't be allowed to have husband and wife on the certificate thanks to liberals.

State to Eliminate

I wonder why there cannot be two different certificates - one for heterosexual marriages, and another for homosexual marriages. That way, both sides are happy.

In the United States the heinous practice of ‘separate but equal’ was thankfully eliminated well over a generation ago.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution contains an Equal Protection Clause, it requires the states to allow their citizens to access all laws equally.

The marriage laws of the many states are more than adequate to accommodate both same- and opposite-sex couples.

It would be a violation of our most cherished and fundamental principles to subject citizens to a hateful contrivance such as you suggest.

State to Eliminate

Given American issues with "Separate but equal", where we had a long time where we had "Colored" Water Fountains, two separate forms would kind of smack of that.

The actual form has the choices of "Groom", "Bride" and "Spouse". It's not the horror that OP makes it out to be.

State to Eliminate

Because the homos never cared as much about their "civil rights" as they did about shoving their perversions down the throats of the rest of America.

Who cares? Does it change marriage in any way? Do people now get less rights? Is anyone trying to force you not recognize your partner as husband/wife?

This isn't something I would advocate, but it's pretty stupid to get worked up over it.

I think you should have a choice. Banning it is no better than banning same-sex couples.

I see this as an example of "Animal Farm" mentality.

They figure they can do it better but they end up making the same mistakes. This is why people started fighting this in the first place. Who knows where it will end.

Last edited:

State to Eliminate

No need for separate Civil Marriage Certificates because the basis of the OP is false. The old certificate didn't have "husband and wife", it had "Bride and Groom". The new certificate still retains "Bride and Groom" and adds "spouse".

"Bride and Groom" were not removed from the new form and are still available to different-sex couples just like they were before.

The OP is built on a false premise.

>>>>

State to Eliminate

Because the homos never cared as much about their "civil rights" as they did about shoving their perversions down the throats of the rest of America.

Are you claiming that religious nutters don't force their religion and morals down the throats of the rest of America?

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...ate-bride-groom-on-marriage-certificates.html

Fail, they didn't ban it... Just printed up new gender neutral licenses.
And the state shouldn't define marriage.

Parties involved can pick what they prefer. So once again Fox got it wrong.
"MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES: The state Department of Health changed the language on marriage certificate and divorce forms. Secretary of Health Mary Selecky recently approved adding "spouse" to the existing language that includes "bride" and "groom" and couples can check a box to choose the term they prefer."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/artic...es-effect-this-week-4090515.php#ixzz2EAabfcLU

Are you claiming that religious nutters don't force their religion and morals down the throats of the rest of America?

I don't know what a religious nutter is a-hole. What I DO know is that normal decent American citizens have voted overwhelmingly to stop the perversion of the word marriage to include to sodomites or two dykes playing house.

I don't know what a religious nutter is a-hole. What I DO know is that normal decent American citizens have voted overwhelmingly to stop the perversion of the word marriage to include to sodomites or two dykes playing house.

Except in Washington State (which is what we are talking about here), they voted to let the word marriage be used as such.

If you are such a big fan of voting...

Good thing that is changing, and has changed in Washington.

Just like libs are changing the terms male and female. To a lib nut you can have a dick and be female

State to Eliminate

Except, of course, that nothing has been shoved down anyone's throat, Tinkerbell.

Please try rational though one day instead of simply regurgitating shopworn talking points you borrowed from your masters.

State to Eliminate

Fail, they didn't ban it... Just printed up new gender neutral licenses.
And the state shouldn't define marriage.

Parties involved can pick what they prefer. So once again Fox got it wrong.
"MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES: The state Department of Health changed the language on marriage certificate and divorce forms. Secretary of Health Mary Selecky recently approved adding "spouse" to the existing language that includes "bride" and "groom" and couples can check a box to choose the term they prefer."

Read more: Wash. gay marriage law takes effect this week - seattlepi.com

And the state shouldn't define marriage

The state and government should not even be in the marriage business imo.

This just adds another level of government bureaucracy and of course probably added cost.

Rape and deadly force used to stop rape. Suddenly libs don't believe I. Self defense if a tranny rapes a man. If a man was clueless enough to have sex with a tranny and say was getting oral, realizes its a man then tells it to stop and it doesn't, you are justified in killing the tranny just like a woman would be justified in killing a man who refuses to stop. But libs will say its different

State to Eliminate

We, I'm proud to say being in Kirkland WA, have not changed the definition of marriage, but merely made it more inclusive of folks wishing to marry, making "husband" and "wife" an antequated definition of the parties bound by MARRIAGE. Now a man and woman, a man and a man or a woman and a women, if of legal age to enter into a binding contract, can join in MARRIAGE, a term unchanged and well understood, by all, I'd think.

Forum List

Back