Wall St Closes Higher On Strong US Economic Data

Oil down reflects lower demand
No. It reflects the Saudi Arabia has given up on its $100 price target and is going for market share. If one loks on this thing called the internet, one can see articles on it.

and decision makers are reporting the same throughout a number of industries —— which is leading to contraction in services providers.
Yea...no.

And if you believe real inflation is 2. 2%you will next tell me that the Inflation Fairy has been providing invisible help .
I believe studies and statistics. I don't know what you believe in.

Yes , the outlook is poor to bad and Merica being bankrupt will lead to help being harder and harder to find .
Only in cray cray scary Foxland. They're eating the dogs! They're eating the cats! They're eating the pets!

And your country has no friends except Israel which itself is in deep trouble because they are going under without US donations.
Run before the walls collapse
'Your country?" So you admit being a Russobot. Excellent.

A string of robust U.S. economic data eased concerns that the Federal Reserve may be cutting rates aggressively to curb any slowdown.

Weekly jobless claims fell more than anticipated, signaling a steady labor market, while the final reading of gross domestic product confirmed that the economy grew 3% in the second quarter

It (the GDP number) just kind of reinforces that strong economic growth backdrop that we have been seeing," said Mike Dickson, head of research at Horizon Investments in Charlotte, North Carolina.

I just don't get headlines like this

Consumers’ view on the economy tumbled in September, falling by the largest level in more than three years as fears grew about jobs and business conditions

Is it the election? I bet it is.

the biggest fall coming among those aged 35-54 and earning less than $50,000

They need to stop listening to Republicans who for 4 years have been predicting a recession that never came.

I understand why it happened when inflation was rising during the pandemic but why now?

Respondents’ concerns focused mostly on jobs and inflation.

They're all working and inflation is going down.

“The proportion of consumers anticipating a recession over the next 12 months remained low but there was a slight uptick in the percentage of consumers believing the economy was already in recession,” Again, stop listening to FOX

The survey comes less than a week after the Federal Reserve voted to lower benchmark interest rates by a half percentage point, citing a more favorable outlook for inflation and worries over a potentially softening labor market. It was the first rate cut in four years and double the traditional quarter-point reduction.

The survey, though, was conducted through Sept. 17, the day before the Fed approved the rate cut.

Forum List

Back