Wasn't sure where to put this-

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
it could go to several different forums. The brave? question mark avatar can earn it's keep now-

most of y'all know my opinion- address the message please- attacking me isn't an intelligent response-

from the comments section of the article:

Actually the threats to civil liberties are much greater than those described in the article. The passport will no doubt be linked to smart phones which all will be obliged to carry. Not only Covid vaccinations and updates will be required but other vaccinations, health information and social information under the guise of health information. Easy to say we should reject this, but how? It's not like the regime will be giving us any choice. Already you can be beaten and arrested for refusing to wear a mask. At least one governor (DeSantis) is trying to get ahead of this and outlaw such passports in his state, but we can't all become Floridians and Florida by itself cannot resist these totalitarians.

but, fret not democrat lovers:

he is out numbered-

I think a vaccine passport may be very reasonable in contending with a deadly disease and the prospect of worse variants emerging from it, but the passport is a different consideration from the simple security measure of providing identification as it is verification of having taken the shot and thus a soft way of compelling compliance (which I'm not really opposed to in this instance). But then you've somehow been conditioned into such reflexive, reactionary partisan barking on subjects within the political arena that you're deprived of any nuanced consideration of these subjects.

from the article:

This applies to law enforcement as much as it does for private security in any setting or venue. As this is a potential law enforcement matter, you would imagine the left would be more vigilant. What better excuse for unjustified searches and police stops than a general medical suspicion? It has become a bizarre world, where carrying I.D. to vote seems to be an infringement of the highest order, while the risks of a vaccine passport go largely unnoticed.

In the words of the Times, it is a “cultural flashpoint.” It ought to be a flashpoint between those who believe in essential liberties and those who do not.

Americans Should Reject Vaccine Passports

it could go to several different forums. The brave? question mark avatar can earn it's keep now-

most of y'all know my opinion- address the message please- attacking me isn't an intelligent response-

Actually the threats to civil liberties are much greater than those described in the article. The passport will no doubt be linked to smart phones which all will be obliged to carry. Not only Covid vaccinations and updates will be required but other vaccinations, health information and social information under the guise of health information. Easy to say we should reject this, but how? It's not like the regime will be giving us any choice. Already you can be beaten and arrested for refusing to wear a mask. At least one governor (DeSantis) is trying to get ahead of this and outlaw such passports in his state, but we can't all become Floridians and Florida by itself cannot resist these totalitarians.

he is out numbered-

I think a vaccine passport may be very reasonable in contending with a deadly disease and the prospect of worse variants emerging from it, but the passport is a different consideration from the simple security measure of providing identification as it is verification of having taken the shot and thus a soft way of compelling compliance (which I'm not really opposed to in this instance). But then you've somehow been conditioned into such reflexive, reactionary partisan barking on subjects within the political arena that you're deprived of any nuanced consideration of these subjects.

from the article:

This applies to law enforcement as much as it does for private security in any setting or venue. As this is a potential law enforcement matter, you would imagine the left would be more vigilant. What better excuse for unjustified searches and police stops than a general medical suspicion? It has become a bizarre world, where carrying I.D. to vote seems to be an infringement of the highest order, while the risks of a vaccine passport go largely unnoticed.

In the words of the Times, it is a “cultural flashpoint.” It ought to be a flashpoint between those who believe in essential liberties and those who do not.

Has anyone suggested just tattooing a number on our arms when we've been vaccinated? Europeans are experienced in this area.

he is out numbered-

from the article:

A rumor is circulating the net that those vaccines are simply the government implanting a radioactive signature chip under the patient's skin.....essentially tagging everyone to keep track of them. They check to see if you got a vaccine by passing a laser gun over the injection site.

New Topics

Forum List

Back