We have Trump we don't need the Tea party

The Tea Party died in 2009 when the republicans infiltrated and screwed up what we were trying to do.

Can you explain what the Tea Party was trying to do?

My personal experiences predated the Tea Party (approx. 1973 - 2005 / 2006) and I'm trying to figure out where America and the right in general took such a hard left turn. I wasn't even old enough to shave when I first started.

The Tea Party died in 2009 when the republicans infiltrated and screwed up what we were trying to do.

My personal experiences predated the Tea Party (approx. 1973 - 2005 / 2006) and I'm trying to figure out where America and the right in general took such a hard left turn. I wasn't even old enough to shave when I first started.
Get back a government by the people for the people as originally intended by the founders instead of "institutions" and NGO's with a few elitist ruling as if above and over "we the people".

Get back a government by the people for the people as originally intended by the founders instead of "institutions" and NGO's with a few elitist ruling as if above and over "we the people".

I'm not being over critical, so don't take me wrong. It's too easy to get off on the wrong foot. What you're telling me is a bit vague.

The original "Patriot movement" (for lack of a more descriptive adjective) had a lot of political wars won and were making great strides in court cases. What started happening in the early 2000s - starting with the self appointed "Minutemen" and going forward set the constitutionalists, patriots, etc. back 50 years and erased many of their hard earned victories. And again, I could never understand why. Fact is, most of those guys are gone and you wouldn't even know many of them ever existed.

Justin Amash was tea party. But it turns out he was also a patriot. Who knew?

I'm not being over critical, so don't take me wrong. It's too easy to get off on the wrong foot. What you're telling me is a bit vague.

The original "Patriot movement" (for lack of a more descriptive adjective) had a lot of political wars won and were making great strides in court cases. What started happening in the early 2000s - starting with the self appointed "Minutemen" and going forward set the constitutionalists, patriots, etc. back 50 years and erased many of their hard earned victories. And again, I could never understand why. Fact is, most of those guys are gone and you wouldn't even know many of them ever existed.
Stopping things like the influx of illegals into the country was big on the to do list. Politicians and government bureaucracies stepping over the line on 2A rights is another biggy, anything from sitting judges who denied basic liberties, personal responsibility and limited government spending, many were concerned about how bureaucracy was questioning how people raise their own children without all the special interest agendas being pushed, home-schoolers were being heavily attacked, limits on big money lobbyist steering legislation that interferes with personal rights. Small groups formed throughout but they did get infiltrated by Republicans and Republicans somewhat and they pretty much co-opted the Tea Party because they would not have been able to overcome the whole movement if it kept on growing. Now you still have the Republican Party but it has been washed a little, Not enough IMO but that will still be up to all the people to stay involved and teach their children to stay involved. Listening to Sarah Palin's speeches may help you.

I haven't kept up on it due to health issues but here's their link. They are still there just not as active. I know at one point they literally did a door to door get out to vote in our rural areas. Tea Party Patriots

Stopping things like the influx of illegals into the country was big on the to do list. Politicians and government bureaucracies stepping over the line on 2A rights is another biggy, anything from sitting judges who denied basic liberties, personal responsibility and limited government spending, many were concerned about how bureaucracy was questioning how people raise their own children without all the special interest agendas being pushed, home-schoolers were being heavily attacked, limits on big money lobbyist steering legislation that interferes with personal rights. Small groups formed throughout but they did get infiltrated by Republicans and Republicans somewhat and they pretty much co-opted the Tea Party because they would not have been able to overcome the whole movement if it kept on growing. Now you still have the Republican Party but it has been washed a little, Not enough IMO but that will still be up to all the people to stay involved and teach their children to stay involved. Listening to Sarah Palin's speeches may help you.

I haven't kept up on it due to health issues but here's their link. They are still there just not as active. I know at one point they literally did a door to door get out to vote in our rural areas. Tea Party Patriots

It was that deal about the influx of so - called "illegals" that killed the right. The Tea Party types and others spent more on that issue and grew government bigger on bad strategies than the issue costs. Adding insult to injury, the loss of Liberties in other areas was not worth the Trillions of dollars they wasted on the issue.

The objective should have been to oppose any increase in the size, power and scope of government. With that and the right strategies, we could have protected our Liberties AND addressed immigration.

Trump's policies are hated by the Kochs, who own the Tea Party and invented it. They've apparently dropped it and now spend the money elsewhere. And, they love criminal illegal aliens, the more the better.

"We have Trump we don't need the Tea party"

True.

Both are equally idiotic, ridiculous, and wrong.
STFUdonny.gif

The teaparty was an astroturf organization formed by wealthy backer to oppose an African-American president and to oppose any government money going to brown skinned people.

The teaparty was an astroturf organization formed by wealthy backer to oppose an African-American president and to oppose any government money going to brown skinned people.

If only it were that simple.

New Topics

Forum List

Back