Weinergate

Vitter had sex, Weiner didn't.

Vitter did something illegal, Weiner didn't.

Vitter is still in the Senate, Weiner is out of Congress.

Try again retard.

Then you should advocate for Clinton to be tried and impeached for real. Vitter's actions occurred contemporaneously with Clinton's - and the statute of limitation had run out by the time they were made public.

As I've noted before, if we are going to go on a Witch Hunt to Purge Congress, there are current members who have done far more egregious things which have caused enormous damage to the country: Rangel, Frank, Waters...

Really?

Prostitution scandals[edit] D.C. MadamIn early July 2007, Vitter's phone number was included in a published list of phone records of Pamela Martin and Associates, a company owned and run by Deborah Jeane Palfrey, also known as the "D.C. Madam", convicted by the U.S. government for running a prostitution service. Hustler identified the phone number and contacted Vitter's office to ask about his connection to Palfrey.[18][19] The following day, Vitter issued a written statement:

“ This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible. Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way.[20] ”

The statement containing Vitter's apology said his telephone number was included in phone records dating from his days as a member of the House of Representatives.[6] Phone records show that Vitter's number was called by Palfrey's service five times, the first on October 12, 1999, and the last on February 27, 2001.[21] Two calls were placed while House roll call votes were in progress.[22][23]

On July 16, 2007, after a week of self-imposed seclusion, Vitter emerged and called a news conference. Standing next to his wife, Vitter asked the public for forgiveness. Following Vitter's remarks, Wendy Vitter, his wife, spoke. Both refused to answer any questions.[24][25][26]

As background, several news outlets reported that in May 1999, Vitter replaced Congressman Bob Livingston after Livingston resigned due to an adultery scandal.[1][27][28] Vitter said about Livingston's decision to resign, "It's obviously a tremendous loss for the state. I think Livingston's stepping down makes a very powerful argument that Clinton should resign as well and move beyond this mess", referring to Bill Clinton's Monica Lewinsky scandal.[29]

Vitter will not face criminal charges due to the statute of limitations.[30]

Vitter incurred significant legal and public relations expenses in his efforts to avoid giving testimony in the Palfrey trial and to respond to the ethics complaint. Consequently, his attorneys sought permission from the Federal Election Commission to use campaign funds to pay for these expenses.[31][32] The Commission, along partisan lines, couldn't agree whether funds could be used for reimbursing costs related to the Palfrey trial but did allow them to pay for expenses connected to the Ethics Committee complaint.[33][34][35]

[edit] Canal Street MadamOn July 10, 2007, Jeanette Maier, the "Canal Street Madam", alleged that Vitter was a customer on more than one occasion in the 1990s, when Maier was identified by federal prosecutors as operating a $300 per hour brothel.[36] The Times-Picayune reported that "Maier offered no evidence or documents to support her claim."[37] A polygraph (lie detector) test was arranged for a New Orleans prostitute who claimed Vitter hired her and had sexual intercourse with her. The prostitute passed the test.[38]

[edit] ReactionWhile the Louisiana state Republican Party offered guarded support,[39] national Republicans offered forgiveness.[40] The Nation predicted that the Republican Party would be in a "forgiving mood", pointing out if Vitter did step down, then Governor of Louisiana, Kathleen Blanco, a Democrat, would likely appoint a Democrat to take Vitter's place until a special election took place, thus increasing Democratic control over the Senate.[41][42][43]

Republican Senator Sam Brownback told Bloomberg Television on October 5, 2007, that Vitter should be censured by the Senate. He said, "I think you could see something like that taking place. If you look at the actual crime itself and the discussion across the country– and as a Republican– this is bad."[44]

In a similar vein when the Eliot Spitzer prostitution scandal — Spitzer being then governor of New York — hit the headlines, commentators contrasted the end-results: Spitzer resigned while Vitter stayed on.[45][46][47] In response, Jeff Crouere, a New Orleans conservative political commentator, called on Vitter to resign, saying he was an ineffective representative and reflected poorly on the state.[48] Other local political figures differed with Crouere. Democratic political consultant James Carville said the two cases were entirely different: Spitzer's situation developed from an active investigation and as a former prosecutor and governor he had powerful enemies. In contrast, Carville described Vitter as "Louisiana’s junior senator and nobody really knows him or cares that much about him," but concluded that, "if they paid with their own money, I don’t think either one should resign." The Louisiana Republican governor Bobby Jindal said, "Senator Vitter has already addressed this.... The people of New York can deal with the Governor of New York.”[49] Additionally, one gauge of the scandal's impact — local fundraising — indicated that Vitter has weathered the controversy well: first quarter 2008 finance reports show that he made, according to The Times-Picayune, an "impressive haul".[50] Another gauge, voter approval, indicates Vitter is, as of June 2008[update], still popular with Louisiana voters.[51]

Following the June 2009 admission of Nevada Senator John Ensign that he had an affair with an employee of his Senate office, the Louisiana Democratic Party called on Senator Vitter to resign his leadership position (as a deputy whip) in the Senate, arguing that because Ensign had resigned his position as Republican Policy Committee Chairman of the United States Senate, Vitter should do the same.[52]

There were renewed calls for Vitter's resignation during a sexting scandal involving U.S. Representative Anthony Weiner in June 2011

David Vitter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton left the presidency in 2000. Vitter did his scandal in 2007.

World English Dictionary
contemporaneous (kənˌtɛmpəˈreɪnɪəs)

— adj existing, beginning, or occurring in the same period of time

contemporaneity

— n contempo'raneousness

— n contempo'raneously

— adv

How is that "contemporaneous" with Clinton. I'll give you a hint.......it ocurred 7 years after, so it's not. His scandal had to wait 7 years while the GOP tried to cover it up.

Last edited:
No, Vitter's scandal came to light in 2007. ABS didn't even read his own post. It includes this:

Canal Street MadamOn July 10, 2007, Jeanette Maier, the "Canal Street Madam", alleged that Vitter was a customer on more than one occasion in the 1990s.

He also lacks reading comprehension. I said that Vitter's actions were contemporaneous with Clinton's - not the publicity.

Last edited:
It is kind of funny that the media has let Wienergate go through more than two media cycles. The only conclusion that I can come to is that the media is obsessed with mens body parts.

NY_MET.jpg

At the end of the day, I rather suspect the worst thing Weiner will be guilty of is:

4. An unhappy, immature, and insecure man who gets his jollies doing sex stuff on the internet.

3. A Congressman who demonstrated unbelievably poor judgment and inappropriate behavior.

2. He most foolishly lied to and thumbed his nose at and almost dared the media. That one is almost always fatal if you want something to go away.

And the number one thing Weiner was guilty of:

1. He was too often an arrogant, rude, irritating, and unpleasant person that nobody liked very much.

Take No. 1 out of the equation, and he might have survived this.

and he didnt break one law. Not one. He did not have sex with prostitutes or have gay baggage call boys following him. He didnt leave the country for another woman and he didnt do anything with an undercover cop in a bathroom. He is not a hypocrite, he is a horn dog in his personal life.

Personally, I wish he didnt step down just to make the republicans look like the hypocrites they are but oh well, he is a fool for doing what he did. I liked him and will be happy when this blows over and he wins the mayoral race in New York.

He publicly accused someone else of hacking his Twitter account on a antional news program. Hacking his account would have been illegal, so he accused an innocent person of commiting a criminal act to protect himself. Still want to defend this weiner?

No, I am saying it shows MORE leadership to say what you need to EARLY and OFTEN.

Oh spare me this bullshit, will ya please? Since when is the President obligated to immediately comment on the individual actions of EVERY member of his political party? Do a little research as to all the crap that came out during the Shrub years. You sure as hell didn't have jokers like you wailing about commentary determining leadership. And AGAIN, where's the call from the GOP leadership for the ouster of Vitter or Ensign?

I am also saying some of the liberals here look pretty foolish. First it was he was hacked. Nope. Then it was the leadership isn't telling him to go. Nope. Now its let the voters decide. Nope, Democratic leadership will show him the door. This small vocal group has also held up the, until you deal with people that did things worse, leave my guy alone. Nope.

You need to get your your FACTS straight. Weiner and Weiner alone was the one lying about about being hacked....a couple of bloggers buying his story does NOT constitute the Dem party or voters in general. When MORE facts came out and Weiner cops to lying his ass off, Pelosi called for Ethics Committee to review whether there was any violation of the rules. Your local Dem leadership call for Weiner to step down, and it spread to Congressional Reps.and the liberal punditry points out the sheer hypocrisy of the GOP and conservative hypocrisy regarding Vitter and Ensign. So if he's guilty of Ethics violation, he'll get the boot. If not, it's up to the voters.

Taichiliberal, you have been bought completely by the far left loon bank & trust. You can't make a complete sentence without misstating a fact or bending the truth. I am just here to remind people of your shortcomings. That and to laugh at your point of view.

As you can see folks, SaveLiberty cannot logically or factually fault my previous responses to his parroted neocon mantras.....so SaveLiberty does what every other intellectually bankrupt neocon toadie does...bluff and bluster. I'll leave SaveLiberty to the accolades of his fellow willfully ignorant and insipidly stubborn compadres.

Deflection and moral relativism are really getting to be over used by the leftwing loons. Your own party has condemned Weiner and we are merely waiting for his resignation, which will be forth coming.

Since when is pointing out the FACT BASED HYPOCRISY of the neocon driven GOP and it's punditry/parrots "Deflection and moral relativism"?

Saved Liberty doesn't even know how to properly apply the terminology he uses. Stating a that a President must IMMEDIATELY comment on the wayward actions of any politician of his party and then trying to ignore the FACT that a previous president did nothing of the sort speaks volumes on the hypocrisy of the neocon mindset. No matter...as I stated earlier, Weiner has taken the option to resign. It's done.

No, Vitter's scandal came to light in 2007. ABS didn't even read his own post. It includes this:

Canal Street MadamOn July 10, 2007, Jeanette Maier, the "Canal Street Madam", alleged that Vitter was a customer on more than one occasion in the 1990s.

He also lacks reading comprehension. I said that Vitter's actions were contemporaneous with Clinton's - not the publicity.

There's a good reason for that Gaybikersailor can't read.

You need to get your your FACTS straight. Weiner and Weiner alone was the one lying about about being hacked....a couple of bloggers buying his story does NOT constitute the Dem party or voters in general. When MORE facts came out and Weiner cops to lying his ass off, Pelosi called for Ethics Committee to review whether there was any violation of the rules. Your local Dem leadership call for Weiner to step down, and it spread to Congressional Reps.and the liberal punditry points out the sheer hypocrisy of the GOP and conservative hypocrisy regarding Vitter and Ensign. So if he's guilty of Ethics violation, he'll get the boot. If not, it's up to the voters.

Taichiliberal, you have been bought completely by the far left loon bank & trust. You can't make a complete sentence without misstating a fact or bending the truth. I am just here to remind people of your shortcomings. That and to laugh at your point of view.

As you can see folks, SaveLiberty cannot logically or factually fault my previous responses to his parroted neocon mantras.....so SaveLiberty does what every other intellectually bankrupt neocon toadie does...bluff and bluster. I'll leave SaveLiberty to the accolades of his fellow willfully ignorant and insipidly stubborn compadres.

did that make sense when you typed it?

So Weiner resigns.....no big surprise, given the the heat from the Dems, an ethics investigation looming on the horizon, and more evidence to feed the media machine that would have made any chance of re-election a dim hope at best.

Another dumbass politician shoots his career and an ability to do good for the country in the foot because he can't keep it in his pants and be discreet about it....pathetic.

But what is truly sad is the snoopy dance done by the neocon punditry and parrots....their rally cry is , "he lied".

Didn't Ensign lie when he was fronting for all those moral majority/religious groups and calling for Clinton's ouster while cheating on his wife? Hypocrisy, after all, is a form of lying.

Wasn't Vitter lying when he initially DENIED he was dialing up hookers for the evening when on Senate floor and other times?

Yet the resident neocon parrots and toadies make all types of excuses for NOT calling for Vitter's ouster, or that Ensign was NOT forced out by the GOP, but declined to run again in face of public humiliation.

Our resident neocon parrots and toadies are so absurd in their partisan hackery that they COMPLAIN that Pelosi didn't call for Weiner's ethic violation trial immediately (72 hours is an eternity for our low informationed neocon parrots), and that the President didn't immediately make a comment (while ignoring the FACT that Bush NEVER made a public comment on Ensign or Vitter).

When all is said and done, the Dem party did it's job, while the GOP hypocrisy stands pat. Now lets' get on to the more important things.

Dems fucking suck...where's the love for their brother Dem?

Was he lynching Negroes like Byrd's group?

Did he drown his GF and not bother reporting until after he talked it over with his family attorneys?

He sent pictures of his cock...pictures...its not like he was cumming on the women in his office like a Dem POTUS did

Dems are such fucking losers

Dems fucking suck...where's the love for their brother Dem?

Was he lynching Negroes like Byrd's group?

Did he drown his GF and not bother reporting until after he talked it over with his family attorneys?

He sent pictures of his cock...pictures...its not like he was cumming on the women in his office like a Dem POTUS did

Dems are such fucking losers

Ground Zero mosque modeled after notorious 9/11 mosque?

Founder of hijackers' D.C. worship center partners with N.Y. imam pushing shariah

"the radical Muslim Brotherhood in America, also founded Dar al-Hijrah in Falls Church, Va., which is run by the pro-jihad Brotherhood. The mosque has been tied to numerous terrorism plots, including the 9/11 attacks."

logo.png

The Crunt Huma or Humus or Humass...the wife of Weanie the Weiner belongs to the Muslim Sisterhood....a jihadist organization on par with the Muslim Brotherhood which was formed by two of the Top Leaders of Hamas.

BTW, Humus's mother is also some sort of a Big Shot with the Muslim Sisterhood.

Please note that Humus, Huma, or Humass Weiner has a very important position with Hellary being a deputy Chief of Staff ....THE ADVISOR ON MID EAST AFFAIRS !!!

HOWZABOUT THEM APPLES !!!!

Foreign Terrorist Organizations

According to the State Department Hamas is #12 on the Terrorist List enemies of the United States.

I wonder what Mosque Mrs. Weiner and her mother go to? Some of those Mosque have been busted for sending money to Terrorist organizations.

The Crunt Huma or Humus or Humass...the wife of Weanie the Weiner belongs to the Muslim Sisterhood....a jihadist organization on par with the Muslim Brotherhood which was formed by two of the Top Leaders of Hamas.

BTW, Humus's mother is also some sort of a Big Shot with the Muslim Sisterhood.

Please note that Humus, Huma, or Humass Weiner has a very important position with Hellary being a deputy Chief of Staff ....THE ADVISOR ON MID EAST AFFAIRS !!!

HOWZABOUT THEM APPLES !!!!

Foreign Terrorist Organizations

According to the State Department Hamas is #12 on the Terrorist List enemies of the United States.

I wonder what Mosque Mrs. Weiner and her mother go to? Some of those Mosque have been busted for sending money to Terrorist organizations.

I agree, There shoud be an investigation. A warrant should be signed by a Judge so that The FBI can search The Weiner residence for possible connections to terrorists. If they accidently come across some lewd perverted photos on his hard drive, then they might kill two birds with one stone. :razz: ~BH

You need to get your your FACTS straight. .

Get your facts straight- you should follow your own advice
:eusa_angel:

See folks, this is why rational discussions with neocon numbskulls like Neo stops after a point.....All Neo has done is (a) try to change the topic of discussion (b) lie about a previous discussion by making assertions using HIS version of what transpired rather than an actual link to what I wrote (c) try to ignore the FACTS regarding the obvious and blatant hypocrisy of the GOP and their punditry calling for Weiner's resignation in light of their silence about Vitter and Ensign.

Neo didn't know WTF he was talking about regarding the vetting process of our gov't politicos in the previous discussion, and he's a sorry POS hypocrite regarding Vitter and Weiner. That's what the discussion here is about.....Weiner's fuck up, Pelosi and other Dems calling for his ouster, and the GOP politicos and pundits jumping on the bandwagon like the hypocrites they are, because the GOP sure as hell don't have any moral problems with liars, cheaters and whoremongers like Vitter and Ensign.

Neo needs to grow the hell up. But like the willfully ignorant and insipidly stubborn little neocon toadie that Neo is, he'll just repeat his guff ad nauseum and follow me around with it....while avoiding any true discussion on the topic at hand. I leave him to it.

Oh you need the actual links

Not a problem; Here you go friend
I just assumed you were smart enough to find your own postings and
I assumed you knew what verbatim meant.

But, hey thanks for the idea now everybody can quickly link to your false claims
:lol:

Really, we can't have any side discussions?
It seems rather appropriate to have you defend yourself and your words since you keep posting how everyone is telling lies

This topic works rather nicely with the Weiner story. For example:

Quite frankly, it is all too amusing seeing you trying to pull a "Weiner" on this..
Must be a leftist thing

(like shooting fish in a barrel)
:eusa_whistle:

Again
Come on, you had a whole what three four (make that five now) days here and you still can not find any support to your statement
hmm, why would that be?

Admit the truth, it will set you free
Learn from the Left's new hero Weiner. He finally told the truth and he must feel better.

I mean, it won't be like you are the first Leftist who doesn't know what they are talking about

Again, a link to YOUR version of events and NOT a link to the post where I stated EXACTLY what you assert is just more BS from a pathetic little loser like YOU, Neo.

You didn't know WTF you were talking about regarding the vetting process of our gov't politicos, and your a sorry POS hypocrite regarding Vitter and Weiner. That's what the discussion here is about, Neo.....Weiner's fuck up, Pelosi and other Dems calling for his ouster, and the GOP politicos and pundits jumping on the bandwagon like the hypocrites they are, because the GOP sure as hell don't have any moral problems with liars, cheaters and whoremongers like Vitter and Ensign.

Grow the hell up, Neo.

Sorry Friend

You exact statements are in there, verbatim
Read it or look up the word
:eusa_shhh:

Still the truth

But you still lied or pulled facts out of your arse IS the truth

You said, your exact words (verbatim) in response to my statement that all politicians should have criminal background checks made public
while running for office

"The FBI does a background check on all Presidential candidates."
and you said
"ANY Congressman or Senator is vetted by various federal security before confirmation."

I can say with certitude these are your words and those statements are false.
Again

Come on, you had a whole two days here and you still can not find any support to your statement
hmm, why would that be?

Admit the truth, it will set you free
Learn from the Left's new hero Weiner. He finally told the truth and he must feel better.

I mean, it won't be like you are the first Leftist who doesn't know what they are talking about

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/169202-weinergate-187.html#post3743331

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/169202-weinergate-183.html#post3743058

I know you must be sad now that you have such little room to run
But to show you I am not such a bad guy. Here is a picture sure to make
any radical leftist happy,
No need to thank me
neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture3625-obamaweiner.jpg

Last edited:
I made a joke earlier in this thread that Weiner could find a job at Current TV...well, life might imitate ridicule:

Within hours after Anthony Weiner announced his resignation from Congress, former MSNBC gabber Keith Olbermann suggested he may hire the soon-to-be-former New York lawmaker for a talk show on former Vice President Al Gore's fledgling television network, Current TV.

Olbermann, appearing on comedian Jimmy Fallon's late night television program Thursday night, was asked how long he thinks it would be before rival network CNN created a show for Weiner.

"Well, you know, I've got a nine o'clock show that I am probably going to hire somebody for," Olbermann told Fallon, referring to the space immediately after his upcoming new show, Countdown with Keith Olbermann on Current TV.

Fallon asked Olbermann if would hire Weiner.

"Eliot Spitzer is doing okay on CNN at eight o'clock," Olbermann replied with a smile....

Keith Olbermann hints at Anthony Weiner talk show on Al Gore's network - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I made a joke earlier in this thread that Weiner could find a job at Current TV...well, life might imitate ridicule:

Within hours after Anthony Weiner announced his resignation from Congress, former MSNBC gabber Keith Olbermann suggested he may hire the soon-to-be-former New York lawmaker for a talk show on former Vice President Al Gore's fledgling television network, Current TV.

Olbermann, appearing on comedian Jimmy Fallon's late night television program Thursday night, was asked how long he thinks it would be before rival network CNN created a show for Weiner.

"Well, you know, I've got a nine o'clock show that I am probably going to hire somebody for," Olbermann told Fallon, referring to the space immediately after his upcoming new show, Countdown with Keith Olbermann on Current TV.

Fallon asked Olbermann if would hire Weiner.

"Eliot Spitzer is doing okay on CNN at eight o'clock," Olbermann replied with a smile....

Keith Olbermann hints at Anthony Weiner talk show on Al Gore's network - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Forum List

Back