Well, This Should Be A Fun Day...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
This show is always pretty fuckin' awesome:

Welcome to Amelia Concours d'Elegance

2021_4a.jpg

Yes- it would be cool- it'd be better still if you could actually get up close and personal with them like a regular "week end" car show-

Yes- it would be cool- it'd be better still if you could actually get up close and personal with them like a regular "week end" car show-
Oh, but you absolutely can!

This is a 1929 Mercedes-Benz 680s :

benz02.jpg

The red car on the right is a 1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900. The combined value of the two would be in the $15-$20 million range. But, there they are, right there on the fairway so people can get up close and personal with them!

I attend the Concours d'Elegance (here in Florida and, on occasion, Pebble Beach) and the Festivals Of Speed and the vehicles are always very accessible...

Yeah, well Florida is a bit further than I want to go for a car show- just sayin-

Yeah, well Florida is a bit further than I want to go for a car show- just sayin-

For a regular car show, yeah. But this is considered one of the elite, ranking right up there with Pebble Beach. People come from all over the world for this show.

Here are some shots from Sunday.

dues04.jpg
porsche959s88.jpg

benz03.jpg
fascination74.jpg

monop2009.jpg
hen03.jpg

fer67275gtb.jpg
fer01.jpg

hd74.jpg
vetter2008.jpg

tasco48.jpg
dues31j448.jpg

There were hundreds of millions of dollars worth of automobiles on display, and you could get up close and personal with pretty much every single one of them. This isn't your average weekend car show, though. Tickets at the gate are $150...

Attachments

• fer01.jpg
    fer01.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 58
  • vetter2008.jpg
    vetter2008.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 58

Forum List

Back