We're loved! Utah nearly least hated state in U.S.

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State

items.[0].image.alt

SALT LAKE CITY —The Beehive State is nearly the least hated state in the U.S.
A new survey of the most hated states in the country by BestLife used data such as population increase/decrease and resident pride percentage to determine its rankings

When all the numbers were tallied, Utah has ranked the 49th least hated state in the good ole' U.S. of A.! Utah's hatred index was -290, which is the result of an algorithm that factored in all the data.

Only Idaho at No. 50 was hated less than Utah.

Pretty cool.

Least hated might just mean, this is "flyover country" (i.e., irrelevant) to almost everyone else.

OTOH, each of my visits to Salt Lake has been pleasant.

Wait..."less hated state"?? WTF does that mean?
That is a rather negative approach

Well, the way it's worded, it seems it's a hate metric of sorts. I agree, an odd way of characterizing it. It does appear to consider population increase/decrease, local state pride etc.

The way the study is worded, is sort of like being ranked the "second least ugly guy" in your group of four. Doesn't say much other than there are some uglier dudes than you.

items.[0].image.alt

A new survey of the most hated states in the country by BestLife used data such as population increase/decrease and resident pride percentage to determine its rankings

When all the numbers were tallied, Utah has ranked the 49th least hated state in the good ole' U.S. of A.! Utah's hatred index was -290, which is the result of an algorithm that factored in all the data.

Pretty cool.

Good news.

There may be another state after the election to put you even higher.

Wait..."less hated state"?? WTF does that mean?
That is a rather negative approach

Well, the way it's worded, it seems it's a hate metric of sorts. I agree, an odd way of characterizing it. It does appear to consider population increase/decrease, local state pride etc.

The way the study is worded, is sort of like being ranked the "second least ugly guy" in your group of four. Doesn't say much other than there are some uglier dudes than you.
I looked at the list... several problems.
West Virginia. #8.... obviously they haven't been to West Virginia. Mountains...scenery... yes. Poverty... corruption...dirty... and did I say poverty?
I travel through WV two to three times a year. The people aren't very friendly either. Very much "outsiders" type of attitude.
I see most midwest states are ranked worse than them... bullshit.

Cool scenery. One day I would like to visit the National Parks there. Quite a difference from the large rock lined lakes of Voyageurs National Park in MN I am used to.
20200605_071456.jpg

20200605_071526.jpg

From a Rustic boat in campsite. This lake system is 65 miles long along the Canadian border.

Last edited:
Utah has ranked the 49th least hated state in the good ole' U.S. of A.! Utah's hatred index was -290, which is the result of an algorithm that factored in all the data. Only Idaho at No. 50 was hated less than Utah.

I have to disagree. I like Utah much more than Idaho.

Utah was the name of Johnny Utah, the popular good guy in a great movie: Point Break.

Idaho has that funny shape that runs up to Canada, and its name sounds too much like: "I dunno." I hate vacillation. :eusa_whistle:

Plus I've always been suspicious of potatoes-- -- if they are so good for us then why are they hiding underground? :smoke:

Cool scenery. One day I would like to visit the National Parks there. Quite a difference from the large rock lined lakes of Voyageurs National Park in MN I am used to.
View attachment 405997
View attachment 405998
Fron a Rustic boat in campsite. This lake system is 65 miles long along the Canadian border.

If you look closely, you can see a guy with a Maple Leaf hat on swimming hard across the lake...

:auiqs.jpg:
I did illegally stop on an island in Canadian waters and stole a couple rocks for my garden.:eusa_shhh:

I am also offering free boat rides to any liberals wanting to escape Trumps America. I know many places to cross into Canada without being detected.
So far, no takers.

items.[0].image.alt

Pretty cool.

Good news.

There may be another state after the election to put you even higher.

Pueto rico should join they are tired of being poor.

Utah has ranked the 49th least hated state in the good ole' U.S. of A.! Utah's hatred index was -290, which is the result of an algorithm that factored in all the data. Only Idaho at No. 50 was hated less than Utah.

I have to disagree. I like Utah much more than Idaho.

Utah was the name of Johnny Utah, the popular good guy in a great movie: Point Break.

Idaho has that funny shape that runs up to Canada, and its name sounds too much like: "I dunno." I hate vacillation. :eusa_whistle:

Plus I've always been suspicious of potatoes-- -- if they are so good for us then why are they hiding underground? :smoke:

Couer D Alene is beautiful, and near the border of Yellowstone as well is pretty.

Forum List

Back