What are the best legitimate online employment opportunities ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Long story short....I'm looking for an honest way to make some extra money
on the computer while I'm staying at home caring for my 95 year old father-in-law.

I'm not interested in doing YouTube videos or answering surveys, but I probably could try moderator somewhere if I promised not to promote any 'conspiracy theories' .

Not a college grad, although I did attend college for a year and a half. I have over 40 years behind me in the workforce but at 58 I'm still healthy enough to do almost any physical labor ( I'm actually planning to start my landscaping & lawncare company back up soon--something I got into 5 or 6 years ago when the company where I worked shut down-- and a friend in Dallas who plays keyboards wants to start a band back up and needs a guitar player , but unfortunately both those things are on hold for now..) and plan to work until at least 65, and probably longer.

I have average computer skills, only speak English and have a fairly adequate general knowledge of the Internet.

So any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
A dollar for every time I've posted here would be good.:113:

I'm also an amateur artist with some graphic design experience
so I have a few bumper sticker and t-shirt ideas .

One idea is Trump & Bernie stickers $1 each . At a cost of about 20¢ each to produce ( depending on the amount of printer ink used etc...)

A win/win.
s-l1000.jpg

If Bernie is the nominee.
414wUMCDYkL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

on the computer while I'm staying at home caring for my 95 year old father-in-law.

I'm not interested in doing YouTube videos or answering surveys, but I probably could try moderator somewhere if I promised not to promote any 'conspiracy theories' .

Not a college grad, although I did attend college for a year and a half. I have over 40 years behind me in the workforce but at 58 I'm still healthy enough to do almost any physical labor ( I'm actually planning to start my landscaping & lawncare company back up soon--something I got into 5 or 6 years ago when the company where I worked shut down-- and a friend in Dallas who plays keyboards wants to start a band back up and needs a guitar player , but unfortunately both those things are on hold for now..) and plan to work until at least 65, and probably longer.

I have average computer skills, only speak English and have a fairly adequate general knowledge of the Internet.

eBay, Craigslist

eBay you have to join, give banking data, personal info...

but it works if you quickly learn what to sell and HOW TO ADVERTISE IT!

Craigslist is easier...join and post! But, again, no matter how often people will tell you "you can sell ANYTHING on eBay (or Craigslist)" I assure you THAT is NOT true!

you just have to figure out what sells....

used tools - probably
antiques - depends on the item; great items = YES, insignificant items = NO
collectibles - see antiques
craft items - I doubt it....nobody (not many people) spend much money on other peoples craft items.

used books!
again...gotta be "the right stuff"....there is NO money in a daniel steel novel but 1st editions of P. G Wodehouse can buy you a nice lunch! or Dinner even!

even in a specific field where you can sell stuff at decent prices (art books) there are LOTS of books that nobody wants....

Coffee table art books of great size, volume and mass
that cost 60 bucks new at the museum! nobody wants em.....

But original versions of Bauhaus Design books from the period can do very well indeed....

problem is; identifying and finding the right stuff

good luck!

Last edited:

eBay, Craigslist

eBay you have to join, give banking data, personal info...

but it works if you quickly learn what to sell and HOW TO ADVERTISE IT!

Craigslist is easier...join and post! But, again, no matter how often people will tell you "you can sell ANYTHING on eBay (or Craigslist)" I assure you THAT is NOT true!

you just have to figure out what sells....

used tools - probably
antiques - depends on the item; great items = YES, insignificant items = NO
collectibles - see antiques
craft items - I doubt it....nobody (not many people) spend much money on other peoples craft items.

used books!
again...gotta be "the right stuff"....there is NO money in a daniel steel novel but 1st editions of P. G Wodehouse can buy you a nice lunch! or Dinner even!

even in a specific field where you can sell stuff at decent prices (art books) there are LOTS of books that nobody wants....

Coffee table art books of great size, volume and mass
that cost 60 bucks new at the museum! nobody wants em.....

But original versions of Bauhaus Design books from the period can do very well indeed....

problem is; identifying and finding the right stuff

good luck!

since it is my field I will go on and on and on....

MOST libraries have book sales (once a year, once a month, bi-yearly) and you can buy used books for 1-3 dollars (with some specially priced books on a special table?)

some sales are HUUUUUUGE ...100,000, 300,00 volumes (check out booksales.com)

RUMMAGE SALES (not only lots of junk and crap but also books, records (another strong field at the moment but ya gotta learn the records...so much data...my wife is really good with records...she KNOWS STUFF!), art, frames, dishware, pottery, vintage, contemporary, fabric

CHURCH SALES and FAIRS (see RUMMAGE)

local organizations quite often will have a once year thing; boyscouts, rotary, local granges. Same as rummage sales.....

I see a guitar in your pic.....musical instruments (and affects) can sell but, again, nobody wants the Squire, they ALL want the Martin.....

finding used instruments at a price allowing for profit can be difficult

You could dress up like a Latina tranny and fbj will pay you for the pics.
:icon_rolleyes:After 48 hours this is the one
fucked up reply I get ?
Thanks a lot everyone !
A friend of mine had a job selling auto parts online from home. Making decent money too. He got fired for being late for work in the morning too much.

Seriously, how the hell can you be late for work all the time when you don't even have to leave the fucking house? :dunno:

His computer desk was in his bedroom. He only had to walk maybe two or three steps to get to work. That is the epitome of laziness. WTF?

Last edited:
One thought was becoming a professional breeder, except that I hate having to keep any animals in cages.
We have a registered Shih Tzu and a registered Maltese and some other Maltese with no papers
and pups go for $300 each, but with papers they can go for $600 to over $1000 on Craigslist or wherever....people even ship them to different states and pay the extra money for certain breeds.
33310156_1788015334578353_4427870042452918272_n.jpg

28684893_1707458809300673_5321672742708183040_n.jpg

29261311_1720560437990510_752627103760908288_n.jpg

We have a bunch of woods here. Maybe I could open a Hide and Seek Camp for urban children and kids from dysfunctional families. I'll show them how to set up tents, start campfires, how to look for arrowheads and track coyotes and everything.

$2000 a week per child
* meals , life insurance policies and ankle bracelets with GPS are extra

Last edited:
One thought was becoming a professional breeder, except that I hate having to keep any animals in cages.
We have a registered Shih Tzu and a registered Maltese and some other Maltese with no papers
and pups go for $300 each, but with papers they can go for $600 to over $1000 on Craigslist or wherever....people even ship them to different states and pay the extra money for certain breeds.
33310156_1788015334578353_4427870042452918272_n.jpg

28684893_1707458809300673_5321672742708183040_n.jpg

29261311_1720560437990510_752627103760908288_n.jpg

become an on-line distributor of dog and cat products?

We have a bunch of woods here. Maybe I could open a Hide and Seek Camp for urban children and kids from dysfunctional families. I'll show them how to set up tents, start campfires, how to look for arrowheads and track coyotes and everything.

$2000 a week per child

that's a really good idea!

though maybe the price is a bit much.

I imagine dysfunctional families and many urban families might not be able to afford $2000

sorry

I thought you were asking a serious question seeking serious answers.
I guess you didn't read that whole post, and yes I'm serious.

I just like to follow every good idea with a bad one for balance.

And thanks for ruining my Bernie joke.

$2000 a week per child

Last edited:
I know people who make a very decent living on Ebay. They go to yard, rummage, estate sales. One goes to Goodwill and Sallys army, buys nice dress shirts $3-4 each, some with tags! Then resells them.

But you better pedal faster than big ole trout is getting too close to your kayak.

I know people who make a very decent living on Ebay. They go to yard, rummage, estate sales. One goes to Goodwill and Sallys army, buys nice dress shirts $3-4 each, some with tags! Then resells them.

But you better pedal faster than big ole trout is getting too close to your kayak.
I'll be the next Jeff Bezos in no time.
So what about Uncle Sam ? You don't have to report anything as income and it's just like a big
online 'flea market ' out there ?

What about just eliminating the middle man and starting my own website ?

Forum List

Back