What are your comfort foods ?

Meatloaf_3a-SQ.jpg

I love meatloaf...
Chef Jean-Pierre wraps the whole meatloaf with bacon!

Hands down the best meat loaf recipe, ever.

Toro, do you eat anything Canadian that people in the US don't? I'm asking because several years I came across a recipe for nanaimo bars that someday I will get around to making. But, now I'm curious to what else is out there?

Meatloaf_3a-SQ.jpg

I love meatloaf...

Toro, do you eat anything Canadian that people in the US don't? I'm asking because several years I came across a recipe for nanaimo bars that someday I will get around to making. But, now I'm curious to what else is out there?

It's Canada. Those weirdos buy milk in plastic bags and they have a national strategic reserve of maple syrup. :cuckoo:

I've even seen one of them eat raw fish like a Jap. That was a weird date. I felt like I was fishing with a really cute sasquatch.

Last edited:
Meatloaf_3a-SQ.jpg

I love meatloaf...

It's Canada. Those weirdos buy milk in plastic bags and the have national strategic reserve of maple syrup.

Wait. Why is their milk in plastic bags?

Meatloaf_3a-SQ.jpg

I love meatloaf...

It's Canada. Those weirdos buy milk in plastic bags and the have national strategic reserve of maple syrup.

The metric system? :dunno:

Meatloaf_3a-SQ.jpg

I love meatloaf...

:omg: Well, that's reason number 564 that we can't use the metric system. Our milk will be in plastic bags.

Meatloaf_3a-SQ.jpg

I love meatloaf...

:omg: Well, that's reason number 564 that we can't use the metric system. Our milk will be in plastic bags.

Yep. And you'll eat raw walleye too.

Mine are breakfast buffets like the old Shoney's you can't find anymore, homemade pizza, homemade cheeseburgers and fries and black cherry ice cream.

And okay,......I'll admit it. Today I spent $6.47 at a McDonalds drive-thru for one filet of fish sandwich and a small order of fries. It didn't fill me up, but it satisfied the craving I get for them about 3 or 4 times a year. I remember when they were less than a dollar in the 70's.

Do you think it's an addictive chemical they put in their food?
View attachment 472410
Biscuits with sausage gravy
Southern Banana Pudding
Cheese Coneys from Skyline or Goldstar
CheeseSteak sandwich from anywhere other than Philadelphia. Tried one from both "homes" and gawod they were just awful. Do you know they put CheezWhiz on the sandwich?
New your style pizza (very thin crust) with pepperoni and xtra cheese.
Street Tacos (do NOT look inside
Klondike Heath

I have been craving Enchiladas lately - so I'll go with that as a comfort food. I may order some chicken enchiladas tomorrow

Yes enchiladas! Love them. 2 weeks ago made beef enchiladas. Last week made pork enchiladas using a carnita pork roast. Next week chicken again. I cook a whole chicken, pick it and add. Onion, green pepper, shrooms, chopped chillis, chopped black olive, ench sause and cheese in and on top, and more. I call the carnita based ones "enchiritas" or "carnitaladas" :)

Forum List

Back