What are your favorite movie one liners?

How about from “Ghost”?

“What’d you do to your hair. It’s autumn brown. You like it.”
:auiqs.jpg:
Others:
“Show me the money!”

“Take a look at my little friend!”

“I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.”

"This is my weapon, this is my gun, I use this for shooting, I use this for fun."

That Vietnam War film filmed in the UK. Full Metal Jacket.

There's a couple of notable ones that are actually misquotes of the original, but express the point.
  • "Play it again, Sam" from Casblanca.
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges." from Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
Sort of odd that Bogart has association with each.

Another one I'll never forget is the reply Stan offered to an inquiry in the Laurel and Hardy film Way Out West:

Lola Marcel, the Singing Nightingale:
Tell me about my dear dear daddy! Is it true that he's dead?
Stan:
I hope so, they buried him!

From Lonesome Dove, "It ain't dying I'm talking about, Woodrow, It's living."

....'''I've just pissed in my pants, and nobody can do anything about it '''''

There's a couple of notable ones that are actually misquotes of the original, but express the point.
  • "Play it again, Sam" from Casblanca.
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges." from Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
Sort of odd that Bogart has association with each.

Another one I'll never forget is the reply Stan offered to an inquiry in the Laurel and Hardy film Way Out West:

Lola Marcel, the Singing Nightingale:,
Tell me about my dear dear daddy! Is it true that he's dead?
Stan:
I hope so, they buried him!

Damn dude, I thought I was the only Bogart fan left. Love Treasure of the Sierra Madre. My favorite line (since you just reminded me) was when Huston told Bogart, (after bumming two peso's) "But from now on, you'll have to make your way through life without my assistance." Two peso's was so miniscule. But without it, Fred C Dobbs would not be able to get through life. No food, no 50 centavo cot, no 20 centavo lottery ticket.

I used to do small engine repair. And a commercial customer, with his crew would stop in regularly and get something fixed. One of his helpers would always bum cigs off of me. So one day, I handed him a cig and gave him Hustons line. The look on his face, and the faces of his co workers was priceless. He never bummed another cig.

Here it is.

Last edited:
"now i know how robert downey jr. felt when he woke up on that stranger's bathroom floor and found out he was gonna be iron man"

New Topics

Forum List

Back