Duke City
I'm using a Nikon D40X.
Nikon-D40X-size.jpg

Lenses;
AF-S Nikkor 18-55 (kit lens)
AF-S Nikkor 19-70 Wide Angle
AFS Nikkor 55-200 Telephoto
AF-S Nikkor 55-300 Telephoto
Teleconverter 12mm, 20mm, 36mm (for macro shots)

eos-6d-mark-ii-front-lcd-d.png

I don't have a list of all My lenses.

Pretty much the same ones you have with this beauty given as a Christmas gift.

Bower 650-1300mm f/8-16 Manual Focus T-Mount Lens

Bower_SLY650T_650_1300mm_f_8_16_Manual_Focus_1239114645000_614835.jpg

At least, I think its that one. I'd have to get up and go get it and I'm just too lazy right now to do that.

I just use my iphone. Ha.

I do have a camera some place, though. I dunno what kind.

eos-6d-mark-ii-front-lcd-d.png

I don't have a list of all My lenses.

Pretty much the same ones you have with this beauty given as a Christmas gift.

Bower 650-1300mm f/8-16 Manual Focus T-Mount Lens

Bower_SLY650T_650_1300mm_f_8_16_Manual_Focus_1239114645000_614835.jpg

At least, I think its that one. I'd have to get up and go get it and I'm just too lazy right now to do that.
Canon EOS, nice camera. I looked at Bowers for a long range telephoto but they had far too many bad reviews, I did pick up a Vivitar 300-500 manual focus with a T-mount but my camera refused to recognize it: 'No lens attached' so I sent it back. After I sent it back I remembered I have an old Nikon EM (film camera) I could have used it on. I'd love to get a Nikon 200-500 but I need to sell a couple of bridges first, a used one runs around a $1000.

Last edited:
Had a credit with Adorama from a return I made a while back and started looking at teleconverters as opposed to really expensive telephotos. Using the credit I found a Nikon T20E autofocus Teleconverter which will turn my 200mm into a 400mm and my 300mm into a 600mm for $90. :thup:

Here's my Nikon AF-S 55 - 300mm ED VR lens.

D3S_7306-1200.jpg

VR stands for Vibration Reduction, helps eliminate blur caused by motion when taking the picture especially when the focus it all the way out.

For those who don't know what a teleconverter is it's the small lens between the primary lens and the camera body.

14707_3592_l_images.jpg

The problem for me with phone cameras is the simply don't have the photographic range I like. They're great for the casual user taking snapshots but you can't do a true telephoto or a true macro shot. With a digital or a pre-digital (35mm) there's a huge range of control a phone camera can only ever dream of having.

The problem for me with phone cameras is the simply don't have the photographic range I like. They're great for the casual user taking snapshots but you can't do a true telephoto or a true macro shot. With a digital or a pre-digital (35mm) there's a huge range of control a phone camera can only ever dream of having.

The best camera I ever had was a lttlle 6mp Kodak EasyShare.

I carried that thing around in my pocket all summer long for almost ten years when my son was playing baseball.

I dropped that thing in the ocean on accident, though, down in Myrtle Beach. I tried a 16mp camera after that but they were always blurry for some reason. The video was okay, but the pictures blew.

This is generally the best quality I have of photos, this was on the 6mp Kodak at Cooperstown Dreams Park. Push the button once to autozoom then push it again to snap. Man, I got so many good pictures of the ball coming off the bat. The timing was perfect on the snap all the time. It held the zoom for like 5 seconds, so you had time to wait to snap the picture, but the picture snapped as soon as you hit the button. No delay at all.

3C2Vbg5.jpg

Last edited:
I am waiting on an early birthday present, not high end by any stretch of the imagination and manual focus to boot but is quite useful for some photography.
It's a 500mm that also comes with a 2X teleconverter making it 1000mm.

vvv500pre.jpg

The highest zoom I currently have is a 300mm Nikon, very stable with vibration reduction technology so easy to get clear shots. The big one on the other hand is rather touchy so definitely requires a tripod for stabilization.

Different zoom levels;

70mm-400mm-FoV.jpg

600mm-1200mm-FoV.jpg

Arriving this week, had a modest influx of money and found a deal too sweet to pass up.
Nikon D7100 (used) in excellent condition at half the price they go for in that condition.

iu

iu

iu

Once it arrives I'll put my D40x up for sale with the 18mm -55mm lens and maybe even the 55mm - 200mm lens. That should off set what I paid for the D7100.

Nikon D7100 In-Depth Review

I had an old Konica system, 4 bodies, lots of lenses. I got allergic to darkroom chemicals (fixer I think) and sort of dropped out for a good while until digital matured. Just before I retired, I bought an entire micro four-thirds digital system with multiple lenses. I have also been using some of the Konica lenses on my new system since they are easily adapted. That yield a lens on that format with twice the focal length but no change in aperture so some neat things are possible.

Pentax K1
Sigma 70-200 2.8
Sigma 24-70 2.8
Sigma 85 1.4
Sigma 150-450 holy hell this is slow and heavy

then i have a K3 setup with several pentax lenses.

i do a lot of concert photography.

Right now,all I have is a Canon PowerShot SX710 HS point-and-shoot camera but I think it's time for an upgrade.

I have a 1972-vintage Nikon F2 Photomic, and a 2012 or 2013 Nikon D3200.

For the F2, I have a 50mm ƒ/1.4 lens, a 28mm ƒ/3.5 lens, and a Vivitar 85-205mm ƒ/3.8 zoom lens, all old non-AI lenses. Although Nikon claims that none of these lenses can be used on my D3200, my D3200 and I very much disagree with Nikon on this point, and I have done so quite often.

For the D3200, I have the standard 18-55mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 “kit lens”, and a set of macro extension tubes.

I also have quite a collection of lesser cameras and accessories.

Mainly use a camera app on my iphone for taking photos. It's the Camera + 2 app. Also use a slow shutter app for taking some blurry surreal shots.
Like the one below.

Attachments

• 48876715028_1a1bd32288_c.jpg
    48876715028_1a1bd32288_c.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 204

New Topics

Forum List

Back