What did you do today?

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
I'm tired. I better say it before someone else hints at it. LOL

I went on a 5-hour brisk bicycle ride. I was always moving, practically. I finally had to peddle a little in the middle of coasting, just to keep my blood moving (got chilly later). Because I only started preparing for it a few days ago, it was one of my three hardest rides, but it turned out fabulous. :D

Overall, I traveled almost 20 miles, starting at San Antonio Caltrain, in Mountain View, CA, I tried several different routes, and when I couldn't find my original planned route, after a few hours, I just went for it, and bicycled all the way into the foothills above Stevens Creek Park, on Old Stevens Creek Road. It was nice to be alone on a narrow footpath with nature and had been awhile for me.

How about you? Your day?

1381766_10151646036805738_2005261029_n.jpg

that's what I did today. :)

I'm tired. I better say it before someone else hints at it. LOL

I went on a 5-hour brisk bicycle ride. I was always moving, practically. I finally had to peddle a little in the middle of coasting, just to keep my blood moving (got chilly later). Because I only started preparing for it a few days ago, it was one of my three hardest rides, but it turned out fabulous. :D

Overall, I traveled almost 20 miles, starting at San Antonio Caltrain, in Mountain View, CA, I tried several different routes, and when I couldn't find my original planned route, after a few hours, I just went for it, and bicycled all the way into the foothills above Stevens Creek Park, on Old Stevens Creek Road. It was nice to be alone on a narrow footpath with nature and had been awhile for me.

How about you? Your day?
I spent two hours in My new Cessna Citation X in flight from Chicago to Denver, only to screw up the approach speed and crash after a one-hop bounce on the runway.

Ruined My whole night.

It could have been a better day. I spent at least an hour of it on the phone with my son, since I won't be seeing him for at least 6 months.....headed out to Afghanistan this morning. So, yesterday and today is not that great :(. Some people say I should be used to this by now.....you never do.

Stopped by the office for a bit this morning. Drove 40 minutes to the next county's courthouse to look up and copy an oil and gas lease assignment. Then drove another hour to the next state over to check on a land deal I'm working on for the sis. Then drove another 50 minutes to go visit the wife's grandson. :thup:
Then another hour back home.

First, a heartfelt congratulations to all those who achieved a result that met an/or exceeded their expectations, especially when it comes to physical efforts.

I don't do much nowadays. I bowl three days a week, in a senior league, and maintain a hard-earned average of about 170 in all three of those days.

I used to go to a health center for other exercises, but I stopped for two reasons: I picked up a cold from a piece of equipment that some slob forgot to wipe down after using it, and when a pathetic and over educated snob, masquerading as a cardiologist laughed at me and said that bowling was not an exercise.

My other physical activities are vigorously pressing the appropriate button on my TV remote, or turning the page on whatever mystery I may be reading at a given time.

Like today.

What did I do today?

I

^ Not that!

Got the dogs out for a nice walk. Usually go with someone but I took them both out myself. The little one barks too much at other dogs. Think I'll do two walks today, taking each one by themselves. That way I can correct the little one's behavior ... plus it will give me 3 miles of walking vs 1.5 miles. So, yeah that's the plan.

What did I do today?

I

^ Not that!

Got the dogs out for a nice walk. Usually go with someone but I took them both out myself. The little one barks too much at other dogs. Think I'll do two walks today, taking each one by themselves. That way I can correct the little one's behavior ... plus it will give me 3 miles of walking vs 1.5 miles. So, yeah that's the plan.

Enjoy your walk with your dogs.

I envy you in an absolutely benign way. You can still take your friends for a walk/ride, but mine are gone.

Last fall our Chesapeake Retriever ingested some poison in our local dog park, probably sprinkled on the ground by some despicable bastard.

This year we had to say goodbye to our little beagle who was our best friend for twelve years, due to an inoperable cancer of the kidneys.

We can't - at our age - get any more pets. Our only hope for a non-human companionship is that our daughter will be able to convince her husband to let our grand kids have a pet.

Wish me luck.

Learned about this in Thanatology class today.

[ame=http://youtu.be/EnISAAZa3Ys]Sky Burial - YouTube[/ame]

Sky Burial
Stupa burial and cremation are reserved for high lamas who are being honored in death. Sky burial is the usual means for disposing of the corpses of commoners. However, it is not considered suitable for children who are less than 18, pregnant women, or those who have died of infectious disease or accident. The origin of sky burial remains largely hidden in Tibetan mystery.

Sky burial is a ritual that has great religious meaning. Tibetans are encouraged to witness this ritual, to confront death openly and to feel the impermanence of life. They believe that the corpse is nothing more than an empty vessel. The spirit, or the soul, of the deceased has exited the body to be reincarnated into another circle of life. It is believed that the Drigung Kagyu order of Tibetan Buddhism established the tradition in this land of snow, although there are other versions of its origin.

The corpse is offered to the vultures. It is believed that the vultures are Dakinis. Dakinis are the Tibetan equivalent of angels. In Tibetan, Dakini means "sky dancer". Dakinis will take the soul into the heavens, which is understood to be a windy place where souls await reincarnation into their next lives. This donation of human flesh to the vultures is considered virtuous because it saves the lives of small animals that the vultures might otherwise capture for food. Sakyamuni, one of the Buddhas, demonstrated this virtue. To save a pigeon, he once fed a hawk with his own flesh.

Sky Burial, Tibetan Religious Ritual, Funeral Party

Forum List

Back