What did you do today?

I need to go to the gym, I signed up for a membership with a relative to be supportive and now they never go. Meanwhile I am paying for this shit. :mad:

Don't wait on them. I couldn't find ANYONE to go with me until I said fuck it, this is for ME. Now those same people are saying what they wish they woulda, shoulda and coulda did.

I need to go to the gym, I signed up for a membership with a relative to be supportive and now they never go. Meanwhile I am paying for this shit. :mad:

Don't wait on them. I couldn't find ANYONE to go with me until I said fuck it, this is for ME. Now those same people are saying what they wish they woulda, shoulda and coulda did.

Yeah, initially I was doing it for someone else.

You're right I will just have to go myself and take the lesson learned.

First, a heartfelt congratulations to all those who achieved a result that met an/or exceeded their expectations, especially when it comes to physical efforts.

I don't do much nowadays. I bowl three days a week, in a senior league, and maintain a hard-earned average of about 170 in all three of those days.

I used to go to a health center for other exercises, but I stopped for two reasons: I picked up a cold from a piece of equipment that some slob forgot to wipe down after using it, and when a pathetic and over educated snob, masquerading as a cardiologist laughed at me and said that bowling was not an exercise.

My other physical activities are vigorously pressing the appropriate button on my TV remote, or turning the page on whatever mystery I may be reading at a given time.

Like today.

I find running around a lot doing busy-work is not bad exercise. Not nearly enough but better than nothing.

Hell yea, bowling is great fun. The last time I bowled regularly unfortunately was in 1984. That was real good, since my team came in first, and I ended up with an average of 192.

I had been inactive for way too many years now with only short periods of vigorous exercise. So far, that's changing now. I went on a 5-hour bicycle ride yesterday afternoon until 9PM. It was great, and I did some shopping and found an item, at a large 99 cent store in San Jose, CA, I've been meaning to get for a year. I even stopped at Chuck E. Cheese's and played pinball. lol The game didn't work too well, 'cause it was very hard to get the ball into play. I did it for awhile at first, but then it kept getting stuck near the plunger and I had to tilt away 3 games. :mad:

There was nothing to put my chain around near Chucky's, so I had parked it around a tree near the edge of the parking lot where the light was dim. I had opened my lock near the restaurant thinking there was a good place but then unwittingly carried the opened combination lock to where I would have trouble opening it. And after 10 minutes, I finally opened it. :mad: I had a blast though most of my ride. :)

Last edited:
What did I do today?

I
I went on a 5-hour brisk bicycle ride. I was always moving, practically. I finally had to peddle a little in the middle of coasting, just to keep my blood moving (got chilly later). Because I only started preparing for it a few days ago, it was one of my three hardest rides, but it turned out fabulous. :D

Overall, I traveled almost 20 miles, starting at San Antonio Caltrain, in Mountain View, CA, I tried several different routes, and when I couldn't find my original planned route, after a few hours, I just went for it, and bicycled all the way into the foothills above Stevens Creek Park, on Old Stevens Creek Road. It was nice to be alone on a narrow footpath with nature and had been awhile for me.

^ Not that!

Got the dogs out for a nice walk. Usually go with someone but I took them both out myself. The little one barks too much at other dogs. Think I'll do two walks today, taking each one by themselves. That way I can correct the little one's behavior ... plus it will give me 3 miles of walking vs 1.5 miles. So, yeah that's the plan.

Having my dog Muffin for 5 years now probably saved my life...exercise wise, that is. Taking her on regular walks for years has saved what little momentum I had from the huge amount of exercise I did for 15 years, but I stopped around the year 2000 and got real lazy just driving a lot. Then I started the internet forums in 2007 and got lazier. :lol:

Those walks with the dog are great for the dogs and great for the owners. :lol:

Flew to Raleigh NC....my DIL and grandkids picked me up, we came back to Raeford where they live, packed, cleaned and are ready to head back to Michigan tomorrow! I came down to ride with them home, they're going to be visiting for a month!! Son is in Afghanistan, so they're coming home for about a month :) I'm tired!!!!

Never did get the dogs out yesterday but they had a good long walk today.

Stopped by the cemetery to visit my mom and dad. :(

Met with the lawyer to settle my parents estate.

Didn't help my brother put the bed frame together because apparently 4 hardware pieces (that screw it together) got 'misplaced' by the movers. :rolleyes:

Once again, saw some really cool hawks hawking around in the sky. I swear since my dad died these birds have just been around.

Worked all day, took the dogs for a walk, picked my daughter up from school, and now I'm hanging out by the fire pit.

Normal day.

So far, spent three hours trying to fix a computer problem. Fixed it but from what I can tell, my fix should have rendered something else unworkable ... yet, it still works.

Ah, the mysteries of technology.

tom.jpg

1.At Dawn walked along the waterway and lifted Viking Logs for a morning workout.
2.Came home and showered.
3.Made coffee and breakfast.
4.Went to an adult school at the town square where I volunteered to teach introductory Swedish to migrants from Russia, Syria, Morrocco, Uganda, and Bosnia for a friend who took a vacation in Dubai.
5. Do some research for work.
6.The day is still going on.

Last edited:
Moving ... ugh. I hate moving. Too me It's always very sad - when everything you own can fit in one van, it reminds me that I'm a vagabond and always will be.

Home? I have no home.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTDddWyy17s]Ed.Wood greatest scene :) - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing yet today, only 830am. But yesterday was cupcakes day (every Tuesday since last summer.) Made my fav Cherry-Chip w/Cherry frosting. Forgot to set some aside for myself though and wound up giving em all away. Make them precisely to give out of course, but usually I'll have a few. But a lot of the local kids here have gotten accustomed to Tuesdays and Fridays being bake days and getting either cupcakes or cookies (on Fridays.) One kid recently introduced himself formally and was very impressive. Went out of his way to thank me for the weekly treats saying I was like a St. Nick but every week. :) So now of course if I see him meander by on bake days I'll call him over for a few. Nice thing about the nicer weather, kids are playing outside again so not eating as many of the sweets. Since hitting 40 or so I've noticed my metabolism ground to a halt and I'm showing signs of the weekly baking. :) So just as well I give most of the treats away.

Mom's bday was last week, made her her requested fave, white cake and frosting. She's usually pretty conservative with praise but she went noticeably nuts over the cake. :) So this last shopping trip I made it a point to pick up another white cake n frosting. Not a lot of room for improvement with cakes, the recipe being pretty fixed and unalterable, but I'll give it a go. :) The cookies have much more room for variations on a theme and it took me months to figure out the x-factors. Got em now to where I can make em come out as desired consistently. Mostly it's a matter of the eggs, too many and they come out cakey, too few and they don't flatten out as much but stay soft n thicker. Used the Mrs. Fields recipe on her website as a starting point tweaking each ingrediant until getting em as they are now.

Forum List

Back