What did you have for dinner?

What did you have for dinner? I had Penne pasta, with mixture of tomatoes, black olives, chocolate fudge sauce, mayonnaise, marshmallows and salt and brown sugar....all together mixed, good stuff :smoke:

For dinner yesterday, Mr. Lucy made pan-seared Red Snapper with an asparagus, black olive and shallot Risotto.

The Red Snapper was especially nice with the Hot Fudge Sauce I put on it :smoke:
Would you please divorce him so I could marry him?

He's in the kitchen making tonights dinner. This is roast shoulder of lamb with cinnamon and fennel, Hasselback potatoes with Gorgonzola and honey and sauteed baby artichokes.

He came home at lunchtime to put the roast lamb in the oven, a slow roast, so it should be ready when everything else is ready. Mr. Lucy has whats called good planning.
Sounds fantastic. What about German meals, those sound more French like. Does he do wienersnitchzle and potato pancakes? I make wienerschitzle out of chicken breasts. Yummy!

we went with breakfast for dinner - eggs, bacon and I actually did some home made hash browns with onion & green pepper.
well that's what my husband had. I had half of a small tv dinner @ 10:30 pm.

You know what is really good....I had this last week.....a bacon, egg and cheeseburger.........awesome.....I-hop and Steak and Shake........try it....tastes great....

we went with breakfast for dinner - eggs, bacon and I actually did some home made hash browns with onion & green pepper.
You need Lucy's husband to swing by for a few weeks.

I need a good chicken recipes is what I need.

Preferable for chicken breasts that will be tender, but, I can throw together in under an hour.
I hate to marinate etc. cause our plans always change at the last minute

but really I don't enjoy cooking
it's pretty cool when I do something different and my husband likes it.
but it takes time to research and try new recipes.
I'm worried I'll botch it and then will have to cook something else....

Preferable for chicken breasts that will be tender, but, I can throw together in under an hour.
It's super easy my way. If I oven cook breasts I just coat them with olive oil (extra virgin), coat with bread crumbs ...and that's it! Same with pan frying if I do it except I will add some lemon juice sometimes like weinerschnitzle and flatten it out.

I never use recipes, it's too lab like. I just use common sense and cook basic stuff. Taters get nuked, sometimes mashed, big salad you can make to last for days, meats are the easiest part. People get too carried away with flavorings. Food is pretty good just cooked up but one may need to ween themselves off the spices to realize it.

It's super easy my way. If I oven cook breasts I just coat them with olive oil (extra virgin), coat with bread crumbs ...and that's it! Same with pan frying if I do it except I will add some lemon juice sometimes like weinerschnitzle and flatten it out.

Do you flatten out the chicken breasts whey you fry? I think you almost have to (maybe even in the oven) for it to cook evenly.
Right now, I make chicken tenders in the oven, but I use flour, egg/milk and Panko. Usually takes around 20 minutes, but chicken is so hard to cook cause you can't eat it undercooked but if you even cook it 2 or 3 minutes too long, it gets tough

I never use recipes, it's too lab like. I just use common sense and cook basic stuff. Taters get nuked, sometimes mashed, big salad you can make to last for days, meats are the easiest part. People get too carried away with flavorings. Food is pretty good just cooked up but one may need to ween themselves off the spices to realize it.

I eat a lot of salads. Husband hates salads
He does like nuts and vegetables (but not the good veggies like spinach, broccoli and cauliflower which I love..)
He likes my chili, spaghetti, vegetable soup, beef stew, it's the chicken recipes I struggle with. and he doesn't like fish :(

What did you have for dinner? I had Penne pasta, with mixture of tomatoes, black olives, chocolate fudge sauce, mayonnaise, marshmallows and salt and brown sugar....all together mixed, good stuff :smoke:

For dinner yesterday, Mr. Lucy made pan-seared Red Snapper with an asparagus, black olive and shallot Risotto.

The Red Snapper was especially nice with the Hot Fudge Sauce I put on it :smoke:

He's in the kitchen making tonights dinner. This is roast shoulder of lamb with cinnamon and fennel, Hasselback potatoes with Gorgonzola and honey and sauteed baby artichokes.

He came home at lunchtime to put the roast lamb in the oven, a slow roast, so it should be ready when everything else is ready. Mr. Lucy has whats called good planning.
Sounds fantastic. What about German meals, those sound more French like. Does he do wienersnitchzle and potato pancakes? I make wienerschitzle out of chicken breasts. Yummy!

The other week he made Jägerschnitzel and Kartoffelsalat. I think he's already decided that tonights dinner is Zigeunerschnitzel and Spätzle.

The Jägerschnitzel, with a mushroom sauce, the Zigeunerschnitzel, with a bell pepper sauce.

"I make wienerschitzle out of chicken breasts."

Darling I love you, but you cannot refer to something involving chicken as Wiener Schnitzel, only VEAL can be referred to as Wiener Schnitzel this is by law in my nation.

What you made in my nation has to be referred to as Wiener Schnitzel vom Huhn....Viennese Schnitzel from Chicken. If you made one from pork, it has to be referred to as Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein....Viennese Schnitzel from Pork.

Schnitzel itself just basically means cutlets in general and not just the breaded and fried ones.

I eat a lot of salads. Husband hates salads
He does like nuts and vegetables (but not the good veggies like spinach, broccoli and cauliflower which I love..)
He likes my chili, spaghetti, vegetable soup, beef stew, it's the chicken recipes I struggle with. and he doesn't like fish :(
Try my simple chicken one. The olive oil makes it very moist. 350 degrees for 45 minutes or less does the trick.

The other week he made Jägerschnitzel and Kartoffelsalat. I think he's already decided that tonights dinner is Zigeunerschnitzel and Spätzle.

The Jägerschnitzel, with a mushroom sauce, the Zigeunerschnitzel, with a bell pepper sauce.

"I make wienerschitzle out of chicken breasts."

Darling I love you, but you cannot refer to something involving chicken as Wiener Schnitzel, only VEAL can be referred to as Wiener Schnitzel this is by law in my nation.

What you made in my nation has to be referred to as Wiener Schnitzel vom Huhn....Viennese Schnitzel from Chicken. If you made one from pork, it has to be referred to as Wiener Schnitzel vom Schwein....Viennese Schnitzel from Pork.

Schnitzel itself just basically means cutlets in general and not just the breaded and fried ones.
Ach du lieber ! I don't call the chicken breast wienerschnizle, just wienderschitzle like. I'll add vom huhn to the lexicon to prevent an international incident.

Veal is too expensive but I have done it with pork. Now it will be on my mind all day, I know what Imma having for dinner already!

Have you tried veal, veal is simply majestic.

I will have to call my mom and ask her for her green beans and spaetzle recipe.
I used to LOVE that growing up

Have you tried veal, veal is simply majestic.

Oh I have had it. Not sure I could talk my husband into it.
He never even had chili until a few years ago! Crazy!
anyway... what's a good veal recipe for someone who has never prepared it?

Do you flatten out the chicken breasts whey you fry? I think you almost have to (maybe even in the oven) for it to cook evenly.
Right now, I make chicken tenders in the oven, but I use flour, egg/milk and Panko. Usually takes around 20 minutes, but chicken is so hard to cook cause you can't eat it undercooked but if you even cook it 2 or 3 minutes too long, it gets tough
The olive oil adds forgiveness to the time but ovens are not the same so you may need to experiment. I have been doing it lately in a covered dish. It's really moist like that.

You know what they say...when the husband asks what you made for dinner?

Forum List

Back