What did you have for dinner?

I'm not a big doughnut person either. Once in a while I have a honey glazed, cinnamon or plain doughnut. I do like the jelly munchkins a lot though. I don't like big jelly doughnuts because they have too much jelly, IMO.

I ate good last night....I seared some scallops, and some smoked salmon and made a cream sauce with vodka/garlic/thyme and reduced some mushrooms and white wine.
Mmmmm

I am not a "fish" person. I don't really like salmon.

Have you tried Char?
Char has the flavor profile of Salmon, but not quite as strong and a little sweeter.

You make that with an egg that you don't flip over --- it's called "Sunny and Char".

:scared1:

I'm not a big doughnut person either. Once in a while I have a honey glazed, cinnamon or plain doughnut. I do like the jelly munchkins a lot though. I don't like big jelly doughnuts because they have too much jelly, IMO.

I like cake doughnuts better, never have been a fan of glazed yeast doughnuts.

I ate good last night....I seared some scallops, and some smoked salmon and made a cream sauce with vodka/garlic/thyme and reduced some mushrooms and white wine.
Mmmmm

Have you tried Char?
Char has the flavor profile of Salmon, but not quite as strong and a little sweeter.

You make that with an egg that you don't flip over --- it's called "Sunny and Char".

You're lucky that at least I like stupid jokes. :lol:

I found it!...Kreple...
Ponczki.jpg

Mmmmm

Have you tried Char?

You're lucky that at least I like stupid jokes. :lol:

I have no shame. Zero.

Fasnachts

Kreple are Silesian, but are available everywhere, eaten especially by people during Fat Thursday, the last Thursday before Lent.

Fat Thursday is a traditional Roman Catholic feast and people stuff themselves with things such as Kreple.

Fasnachts

Basler Fasnacht, this the Carnival of Basel in Switzerland, this occurs each year between February and March each year, it's a very famous one.

Fasching? Same thing?

Yes we in Austria and our kin in Bayern call it Fasching, this is our Carnival season, then the Rhinelanders refer to it as Karneval.

I specifically mentioned the Basler Fasnacht, because Fasnacht is what the Schweizerdeutsch refer to it, the Swiss Germans, who of course the Schweizerdeutsch are the majority population in Switzerland.

Fasnachts

Kreple are Silesian, but are available everywhere, eaten especially by people during Fat Thursday, the last Thursday before Lent.

Fat Thursday is a traditional Roman Catholic feast and people stuff themselves with things such as Kreple.

You familiar with Bamberg? I have relatives there... (Windt)

Yes Bamberg is Oberfranken, Upper Franconia, a beautiful part of a beautiful region. You know Upper Franconia alone brews about 1,000 different biers, I think it's the worlds highest brewing rate in any region.

They have the Fränkische Brauereistraße, this is literally a beer route, it's official, you visit pretty much all of the breweries, I think they now have 250 independent breweries!

Bamberg is amongst other things, famous for the Bamberger Hörnla, a special variety of potato, they're yellow inside and have a nutty taste, very nice.

Here's a picture of some:

bamberg-germany-07th-oct-2013-a-gardener-holds-potatos-of-the-bamberg-dfmpdh.jpg

Fasnachts

You familiar with Bamberg? I have relatives there... (Windt)

Yes Bamberg is Oberfranken, Upper Franconia, a beautiful part of a beautiful region. You know Upper Franconia alone brews about 1,000 different biers, I think it's the worlds highest brewing rate in any region.

They have the Fränkische Brauereistraße, this is literally a beer route, it's official, you visit pretty much all of the breweries, I think they now have 250 independent breweries!

Bamberg is amongst other things, famous for the Bamberger Hörnla, a special variety of potato, they're yellow inside and have a nutty taste, very nice.

Here's a picture of some:

bamberg-germany-07th-oct-2013-a-gardener-holds-potatos-of-the-bamberg-dfmpdh.jpg

I love all kinds of potatoes. :D

Forum List

Back