What did you have for dinner?

I don't think I would like Mardi Gras...maybe when I was younger.
I much rather like small groups than large-public parties.

I've talked to people who have gone, and they said it is wall-to-wall people, and smelly and kind of gross. Lol.

Can you imagine too, the things people will do for a couple of cheap beads? Lordy!

Rottenburg, Germany. How beautiful and colorful! I would love to go there one day.

images

You could say there's something Danish in Rottenmark....

I don't think I would like Mardi Gras...maybe when I was younger.
I much rather like small groups than large-public parties.

I've talked to people who have gone, and they said it is wall-to-wall people, and smelly and kind of gross. Lol.

Can you imagine too, the things people will do for a couple of cheap beads? Lordy!

You really don't have to do anything but catch the eye of a bead-thrower and look needy.

It is wall to wall people, smelly and all that --- but it's also LOUD. Each one of those floats has its own sound system, and they drive it hard. That's what I was working on -- providing some decent music. Brazilian samba and some Caribbean stuff.

Not to trash the thread with politics...your part of the world is fantastic Lucy...been there twice. But alas, I won't go back until the Muslim problem has been resolved. :(

We have little Muslim problem now, maybe isolated incidents, we have a Patriot Government, we have sealed borders now from my nation to Bulgaria and we are sending thousands of our troops to close the Brenner Pass at our border with Italy.

I'm 5' 9½"....or we'll call it 5' 10", I'm Germanic, we're naturally tall. Mr. Lucy is 6' 3", he's also Germanic, being Norwegian.

yep...I am about 75% Germanic with a little Irish tossed in there. I am 6'4"... pretty much every male is over 6' in my whole extended family

On my mother's side of the family, my cousins (the males) are over 6 feet. My parents were both not very tall though (my mom is about my size, maybe 5'2", my dad was like 5'7").

Rottenburg, Germany. How beautiful and colorful! I would love to go there one day.

images

You should see Bamberg...

eb_bamberg_rothenburg_0022.jpeg

%7Bdc72b7a9-1c2b-e5a0-33d3-654ddbf7ec29%7D.jpeg

Wonderful....also Heidelberg in Baden-Württemberg:

heidelberg - Google Search

I went to Heidelberg University:

Heidelberg University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course my own Salzburg, where Centuries of my family have been born and bred:

salzburg - Google Search

Salzburg in the Winter, is especially wonderful:

salzburg - Google Search

images

You should see Bamberg...

eb_bamberg_rothenburg_0022.jpeg

%7Bdc72b7a9-1c2b-e5a0-33d3-654ddbf7ec29%7D.jpeg

Wonderful....also Heidelberg in Baden-Württemberg:

heidelberg - Google Search

I went to Heidelberg University:

Heidelberg University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course my own Salzburg, where Centuries of my family have been born and bred:

salzburg - Google Search

Salzburg in the Winter, is especially wonderful:

salzburg - Google Search

I almost went to Heidelberg in 2007...we bought a new Heidelberg XL75 that year and was offered a tour of the plant and area.
Really too bad they have had mass layoffs there...the company is nearly in a tailspin (Druckmaschinen) so much history...China is killing the industry.

Forum List

Back