What did you have for dinner?

I had a large helping of air followed up by nothing, in a bed of sautéed 02.I need to cut back on the calories.

Huh? What's the matter with you woman? I'm prepared to argue in my support of asparagus :meow:

Yucky. They taste terrible. :D

I like to put 'em out along with carrots, pepper strips, celery, zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower and dip 'em in hummous.

Fatter o' mact I'm gonna do dat right now.

I like corn, carrots, every kind of pepper except the green bell peppers, squash (butternut), peas, spinach but not cooked (unless it's in quiche or cheese dip), broccoli, celery sticks, and that might be about it. I'm very picky when it comes to vegetables. Oh, and salad! I like most kinds of lettuce.

Okay from your list, the only ones I don't like are carrots and butternut squash.

I love carrots and butternut squash. I have a recipe that I make on the holiday for candied carrots. They are cooked in brown sugar and butter. Soooo good. They really do taste like candy.

"They really do taste like candy."

I'll just eat the candy candy.

I had a large helping of air followed up by nothing, in a bed of sautéed 02.I need to cut back on the calories.

Honestly Mary, you need to be careful, even though you feel you need to cut down on the calories, you still must eat.

Recipe for candied carrots for Lucy! :D

Cut carrots into coins.

Steam them until al dente.

Combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, and butter in saucepan (how much depends on how much carrots you use)

Bring to boil.

Add carrots and cook until tender and coated with glaze.

That's it! Easy and delicious. :)

Recipe for candied carrots for Lucy! :D

Cut carrots into coins.

Steam them until al dente.

Combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, and butter in saucepan (how much depends on how much carrots you use)

Bring to boil.

Add carrots and cook until tender and coated with glaze.

That's it! Easy and delicious. :)

But I've disliked carrots since I was about 4 years-old....this was around the same time I'm told I developed my phobia about clowns :crybaby:

Well, I have to log off now and try to get in a nap before work. TTYL! :bye1:

OMG just as I was about to mention my phobia about panties :eusa_doh::bye1:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well Winterborn already knows about me sans panties....has he disappeared, I've not seen a post from him for a while.

izzat so. I too was winter-born... ("winterborn"... sounds like a virus)... perhaps it was too much for him to handle :gay:

I don't like asparagus. :D

Pheh...you haven't had mine.
I partially steam them, much better than boiling. Asparagus gets slimy easily. Steaming cooks very fast and prevents that from happening. But...it also needs flavor... so I transfer the partially cooked veggies into a meatloaf pan with butter/garlic/parmesan/salt&pepper - pop in 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes.
Result is non slimey asparagus that is soft and flavorful.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Well Winterborn already knows about me sans panties....has he disappeared, I've not seen a post from him for a while.

izzat so. I too was winter-born... ("winterborn"... sounds like a virus)... perhaps it was too much for him to handle :gay:

Yes that must be it, poor Winterborn.

Winter-born, what like air-born virus or something?

I don't really like beets either. Lol. I don't like too many veggies. :dunno:

Fresh golden beets are sweeter than a mother's love! Give 'em a try. Just peel then steam. Tastes like a dream!
I get them every week at the Farmers Market....

golden-beets.jpg

Broccoli Romanesco is a work of art.....

5687.png

"Broccoli Romanesco is a work of art....."

They are very beautiful.

Honestly Mary, you need to be careful, even though you feel you need to cut down on the calories, you still must eat.

Oosie is right. You gotta eat. Just don't eat the wrong things at the wrong times, but not-eating is not an option, unless you're a reptile.

You should eat already. Have some chicken zoup.

Oosie is right. You gotta eat. Just don't eat the wrong things at the wrong times, but not-eating is not an option, unless you're a reptile.

I think ogo we can say that Mary cannot be a reptile, she needs to eat things yes.

I think ogo we can say that Mary cannot be a reptile, she needs to eat things yes.

I'm pretty sure reptiles are not allowed to have USMB accounts. Old obscure law.

Forum List

Back