What did you have for dinner?

I had a large helping of air followed up by nothing, in a bed of sautéed 02.I need to cut back on the calories.

Honestly Mary, you need to be careful, even though you feel you need to cut down on the calories, you still must eat.

Oosie is right. You gotta eat. Just don't eat the wrong things at the wrong times, but not-eating is not an option, unless you're a reptile.

You should eat already. Have some chicken zoup.

I think ogo we can say that Mary cannot be a reptile, she needs to eat things yes.

I'm pretty sure reptiles are not allowed to have USMB accounts. Old obscure law.

Yes you have a very good point.

Well operation Weinerschnitzle ala hun and Bavarian potato salad, accompanied with the standard BAS (big ass salad) underwent yesterday in the confines of the Iceweasel's kitchen. There were no casualties, bruises or blood letting. The dogs were standing by to help with any missteps that happened to escape the counter.

The meat went well as always but the taters came out a bit of a mess. I winged it and shot from the hip, as is my style but I should have left the spuds a bit firm and mixed in the ingredients instead of cooking it altogether. All in all still quite palatable but not exactly what I remembered from childhood.

I don't like asparagus. :D

Pheh...you haven't had mine.
I partially steam them, much better than boiling. Asparagus gets slimy easily. Steaming cooks very fast and prevents that from happening. But...it also needs flavor... so I transfer the partially cooked veggies into a meatloaf pan with butter/garlic/parmesan/salt&pepper - pop in 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes.
Result is non slimey asparagus that is soft and flavorful.
Yummy. I've got some asparagus in the fridge. Going to try this. Thanks.

I had a party at my house in Palm Spring watching Pacquiao vs Bradley last night. One of my friend brought a lechon and it was delicious. Wife cooked the shrimp with her patented recipe.

18a3715a3b967f30addf431fa20b012d.jpg

ad8c72c8b9c28b1a8d8031845191122a.jpg

And for tonight....Butternut Squash Bisque and Bacon Lettuce Tomato sammiches....mmmm

etedtk.jpg

Now that is something I could eat! :2up:

With this crazy cool weather we have now I thought I better make some before it gets and stays warm.

It's not too bad here weather wise today, but it was frigid last night. I'm really sick and tired of winter. I can't wait until the weather is nice so I can spend less time HERE and more time "out there" in the real world. :D

I don't like asparagus. :D

Pheh...you haven't had mine.
I partially steam them, much better than boiling. Asparagus gets slimy easily. Steaming cooks very fast and prevents that from happening. But...it also needs flavor... so I transfer the partially cooked veggies into a meatloaf pan with butter/garlic/parmesan/salt&pepper - pop in 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes.
Result is non slimey asparagus that is soft and flavorful.

I've had them that way. In fact, I've tried them every way you could think of. I just don't like them.

I don't really like beets either. Lol. I don't like too many veggies. :dunno:

Fresh golden beets are sweeter than a mother's love! Give 'em a try. Just peel then steam. Tastes like a dream!
I get them every week at the Farmers Market....

golden-beets.jpg

Broccoli Romanesco is a work of art.....

5687.png

"Broccoli Romanesco is a work of art....."

They are very beautiful.

I prefer regular broccoli with just butter, salt and pepper. I also make a broccoli and cheese soup that is soooo good. :D

I had a large helping of air followed up by nothing, in a bed of sautéed 02.I need to cut back on the calories.

Honestly Mary, you need to be careful, even though you feel you need to cut down on the calories, you still must eat.

Oosie is right. You gotta eat. Just don't eat the wrong things at the wrong times, but not-eating is not an option, unless you're a reptile.

You should eat already. Have some chicken zoup.

I thought Mary was just joking around?? :)

And for tonight....Butternut Squash Bisque and Bacon Lettuce Tomato sammiches....mmmm

etedtk.jpg

With this crazy cool weather we have now I thought I better make some before it gets and stays warm.

It's not too bad here weather wise today, but it was frigid last night. I'm really sick and tired of winter. I can't wait until the weather is nice so I can spend less time HERE and more time "out there" in the real world. :D

You and me both...

etedtk.jpg

You and me both...

I am getting so sick of this place and the phonies who hang out here. Seriously. Lol. :D Once it's nice out, I'm going to try to avoid this place like the plague. It's really a bad "habit" to get into to, and I can't wait to break it. I feel as if everyone here is just insane. (except for you and a few others of course :D).

Forum List

Back