What did you have for dinner?

I've been saving some money, and me and one of my friends are going to rent a small house in Newport in June for a whole week! I can't wait for June! :2up: And the damn weather had better be nice!!

I find that this forum tends to bring out the worst in me, and I don't like it. I have to try and "break the habit," you know what I'm saying? ;)

And for tonight....Butternut Squash Bisque and Bacon Lettuce Tomato sammiches....mmmm

etedtk.jpg

Now that is something I could eat! :2up:

With this crazy cool weather we have now I thought I better make some before it gets and stays warm.

It's not too bad here weather wise today, but it was frigid last night. I'm really sick and tired of winter. I can't wait until the weather is nice so I can spend less time HERE and more time "out there" in the real world. :D

You and me both...

I am getting so sick of this place and the phonies who hang out here. Seriously. Lol. :D Once it's nice out, I'm going to try to avoid this place like the plague. It's really a bad "habit" to get into to, and I can't wait to break it. I feel as if everyone here is just insane. (except for you and a few others of course :D).

The trick is to treat this forum (and the entire internet) like a once or twice a day place to check in, read the news, make a few comments, then get back to your real life. .

Speaking of that, I gotta go.

:thup:

Now that is something I could eat! :2up:

With this crazy cool weather we have now I thought I better make some before it gets and stays warm.

It's not too bad here weather wise today, but it was frigid last night. I'm really sick and tired of winter. I can't wait until the weather is nice so I can spend less time HERE and more time "out there" in the real world. :D

You and me both...

I am getting so sick of this place and the phonies who hang out here. Seriously. Lol. :D Once it's nice out, I'm going to try to avoid this place like the plague. It's really a bad "habit" to get into to, and I can't wait to break it. I feel as if everyone here is just insane. (except for you and a few others of course :D).

The trick is to treat this forum (and the entire internet) like a once or twice a day place to check in, read the news, make a few comments, then get back to your real life. .

Speaking of that, I gotta go.

:thup:

I hear that! People who post on forums are SUCH weirdos. I've been sticking mostly with the "fun" parts of the forum, like the word games. The people who post there are pretty cool (for the most part). :D

Well I make my homemade Salsa and then use it with my fish, eggs and Pablano Rice and Corn...

I usually pan cook two pieces of cod, then steam rice with pablano and corn, and when the cod is about done I cook up my eggs sunny side up so I can get the egg yolk to run into the rice.

I have a picture of the dish and will upload one day, maybe...

Now tonight it is a Pork Loin roasted with my own rub with white potatoes, red sweet onion and carrots, and also the Pablano, Corn and rice mixture.

Well operation Weinerschnitzle ala hun and Bavarian potato salad, accompanied with the standard BAS (big ass salad) underwent yesterday in the confines of the Iceweasel's kitchen. There were no casualties, bruises or blood letting. The dogs were standing by to help with any missteps that happened to escape the counter.

The meat went well as always but the taters came out a bit of a mess. I winged it and shot from the hip, as is my style but I should have left the spuds a bit firm and mixed in the ingredients instead of cooking it altogether. All in all still quite palatable but not exactly what I remembered from childhood.

"The dogs were standing by to help with any missteps that happened to escape the counter."

So did the dogs get any stuff?

Also I've learned something new BAS Big Ass Salad, I could make a comment about this, but I won't, I'm trying to be a good girl today :eusa_whistle:

My better half was supposed to make a roast dinner.
Now he said he won't :crybaby:

You need to get a pair of handcuffs darling....you'll soon have him trained. When he says no, just handcuff him to something and leave him there for a few hours, after this happening a few times, he'll get the message :smoke:

I've been saving some money, and me and one of my friends are going to rent a small house in Newport in June for a whole week! I can't wait for June! :2up: And the damn weather had better be nice!!

I find that this forum tends to bring out the worst in me, and I don't like it. I have to try and "break the habit," you know what I'm saying? ;)

Sounds awesome, and renting a house is what I like to do also....I don't care for hotels and their sardine-packed beaches and overpriced loud bars.

Well I make my homemade Salsa and then use it with my fish, eggs and Pablano Rice and Corn...

I usually pan cook two pieces of cod, then steam rice with pablano and corn, and when the cod is about done I cook up my eggs sunny side up so I can get the egg yolk to run into the rice.

I have a picture of the dish and will upload one day, maybe...

Now tonight it is a Pork Loin roasted with my own rub with white potatoes, red sweet onion and carrots, and also the Pablano, Corn and rice mixture.

Say the Corn peppers rice sounds good...care to share?

Is this Newport, Rhode Island? I've visited there, very nice place. You and your friend should have a good time.

Well operation Weinerschnitzle ala hun and Bavarian potato salad, accompanied with the standard BAS (big ass salad) underwent yesterday in the confines of the Iceweasel's kitchen. There were no casualties, bruises or blood letting. The dogs were standing by to help with any missteps that happened to escape the counter.

The meat went well as always but the taters came out a bit of a mess. I winged it and shot from the hip, as is my style but I should have left the spuds a bit firm and mixed in the ingredients instead of cooking it altogether. All in all still quite palatable but not exactly what I remembered from childhood.

"The dogs were standing by to help with any missteps that happened to escape the counter."

Also I've learned something new BAS Big Ass Salad, I could make a comment about this, but I won't, I'm trying to be a good girl today :eusa_whistle:

I bet he meant "big-ass", not an ass salad that's Yuuuge.

platter.jpg

But I'm just guessing.

Last edited:

Is this Newport, Rhode Island? I've visited there, very nice place. You and your friend should have a good time.

I have never been to the North East...far Northeast I have been is Pittsburgh to see the Steelers.
I have been to all other quadrants but never Northeast.

I bet he meant "big-ass", not an ass salad that's Yuuuge.

platter.jpg

But I'm just guessing.

:eek-52:

So tonight Mr. Lucy made Rigatoni pasta, with Basil, Garlic, tomatoes, Kalamata olives and red peppers with grated Pecorino Romano and Grana Padano cheeses. .

Of course I added some seedless Raspberry conserve to mine, good stuff :smoke:

Yes! Newport, RI. I love going there. Did you go to the cliff walk?

I have never been to the North East...far Northeast I have been is Pittsburgh to see the Steelers.
I have been to all other quadrants but never Northeast.

Oh, you have to visit. Make sure it's summer time though! :D Beautiful beaches, lots of old fishing villages. New England is beautiful but cold. Lol.

This is a picture of Old Silver Beach in Falmouth, MA. Falmouth is just gorgeous.

5916464607_3e4a83ac2f.jpg

This is a picture of Newport, the cliff walk. Big old mansions on one side and the ocean on the other. It's wonderful. I try to go there every summer at least once and spend the whole day. I'm excited about getting to spend a whole week in Newport!

d3b11c4a08d207f1da6881580dd10332.jpg

Forum List

Back