What did you have for dinner?

Martha's Vineyard is awesome too. If you ever get the opportunity, go there!

670x400-Marthas-Vineyard-Oak-Bluffs.jpg

gay-head-light-marthas-vineyard-massachusetts-usa_main.jpg

Gingerbread%20Cottages,%20Oak%20Bluffs%202.jpg

That's some pretty wild paint there...where is that?

Do you know what this is a picture of?

AmericanLegionBridge-OceanSidesm.jpg

I've been saving some money, and me and one of my friends are going to rent a small house in Newport in June for a whole week! I can't wait for June! :2up: And the damn weather had better be nice!!

I find that this forum tends to bring out the worst in me, and I don't like it. I have to try and "break the habit," you know what I'm saying? ;)

Is this Newport, Rhode Island? I've visited there, very nice place. You and your friend should have a good time.

Yes! Newport, RI. I love going there. Did you go to the cliff walk?

No, I was sent there to review The Newport Jazz Festival, so that took up some time.

Newport Jazz Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I stayed with some very old friends of my family, not as in their old themselves, but that our families have been friends for more than 100 years.

They took me to the Clambake Club, which is in Middletown, I think it originally opened in 1896, so I liked that place a lot and we went sailing.

You can go to Falmouth and catch the ferry over to Martha's Vineyard and spend the whole day there. Rent a scooter or a moped. It's a great way to spend the day! The last time I went it cost about $150-$200 to spend the whole day there. We cheaped out and just rented bicycles. That was still fun, but you can see a lot more of the island if you rent a moped or scooter.

Okay, I'll tell you! Lol. It's Jaws Bridge. I've been there. :D Jumped off the bridge too!

Jaws Bridge

image.jpg

The first "Jaws" film, 1975, with Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw is a brilliant film....the subsequent films of course are increasingly ridiculous.

Robert Shaw as Quint, one of the great crazy people in a film, he's CRAZY Quint.

Okay, I'll tell you! Lol. It's Jaws Bridge. I've been there. :D Jumped off the bridge too!

Jaws Bridge

image.jpg

The first "Jaws" film, 1975, with Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw is a brilliant film....the subsequent films of course are increasingly ridiculous.

Agreed. The first one was a classic! Even though the shark looks so fake. Lol. Still a great movie.

This is the ferry I take from Falmouth to Martha's Vineyard. The Queen Island Ferry. This one is just for passengers, but they have some that take cars over too. I would NOT want to bring my car there though. You would find yourself stuck in traffic and I don't know how much it costs, but I imagine it's expensive to bring your car over. Better off just paying for parking for the day and taking the ferry over without your car and renting bikes, scooters or mopeds for the day, IMO.

b63ed9_2a14ebe54e0848489933b009511be818.jpg_srz_300_251_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Jaws Bridge

image.jpg

Agreed. The first one was a classic! Even though the shark looks so fake. Lol. Still a great movie.

Yes the shark is very silly....but the film is completely suspenseful and hasn't dated.

I've been to both, but didn't do the cliff walk. Great seafood in Newport. And I know how much Chris likes seafood... :eusa_shifty:

Had a wonderful excursion on Martha's Vineyard years ago with my GF. We rented a car (no credit card, they don't care since they know there's no way to get the car off the island) and tooled around, we did it in the dunes :) we saw Mike Wallace walking down the street. Then when we left, it was a hot day and we stopped at an ice cream shop. My GF asked for a "double dip".

They were flummoxed. "What's that?" the lady asked.

"You know--- put a scoop on and then another one on top?"

"Oh" says the lady --- you want a 'lodge'".

A "lodge"? Well, whatever shape you want to make it, we don't care....

Only when we got back to the car did it dawn on us that she was saying "a large". :eusa_doh:

(Ooosie --- think "Plattdeutsch") :D

I've been to both, but didn't do the cliff walk. Great seafood in Newport. And I know how much Chris likes seafood... :eusa_shifty:

Had a wonderful excursion on Martha's Vineyard years ago with my GF. We rented a car (no credit card, they don't care since they know there's no way to get the car off the island) and tooled around, we did it in the dunes :) we saw Mike Wallace walking down the street. Then when we left, it was a hot day and we stopped at an ice cream shop. My GF asked for a "double dip".

Only when we got back to the car did it dawn on us that she was saying "a large". :eusa_doh:

:lol: Did you go to any lodge potties?

This is the ferry I take from Falmouth to Martha's Vineyard. The Queen Island Ferry. This one is just for passengers, but they have some that take cars over too. I would NOT want to bring my car there though. You would find yourself stuck in traffic and I don't know how much it costs, but I imagine it's expensive to bring your car over. Better off just paying for parking for the day and taking the ferry over without your car and renting bikes, scooters or mopeds for the day, IMO.

b63ed9_2a14ebe54e0848489933b009511be818.jpg_srz_300_251_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

It was named Martha's Vineyard by Bartholomew Gosnold, the English explorer, he led the first European expedition to Cape Cod in 1602, he gave Cape Cod it's name, several days later he discovered another place, which he named after his dead daughter Martha, the place was covered with grapes everywhere....hence Martha's Vineyard.

:lol: Did you go to any lodge potties?

No but my first time in Boston --- with another GF on a St. Patrick's Day --- I remember hearing somebody ask "where's the potty". It sounded like a normal question until the answer came "in the living room". :uhh:

"My GF asked for a "double dip"."

I should make a comment about this....but as I said, I'm trying to be a good girl today :eusa_whistle:

"(Ooosie --- think "Plattdeutsch") :D"

Do they have Plattdeutsch in Rhode Island also?

Forum List

Back