What did you have for dinner?

I've been to both, but didn't do the cliff walk. Great seafood in Newport. And I know how much Chris likes seafood... :eusa_shifty:

Had a wonderful excursion on Martha's Vineyard years ago with my GF. We rented a car (no credit card, they don't care since they know there's no way to get the car off the island) and tooled around, we did it in the dunes :) we saw Mike Wallace walking down the street. Then when we left, it was a hot day and we stopped at an ice cream shop. My GF asked for a "double dip".

They were flummoxed. "What's that?" the lady asked.

"You know--- put a scoop on and then another one on top?"

"Oh" says the lady --- you want a 'lodge'".

A "lodge"? Well, whatever shape you want to make it, we don't care....

Only when we got back to the car did it dawn on us that she was saying "a large". :eusa_doh:

(Ooosie --- think "Plattdeutsch") :D

"My GF asked for a "double dip"."

I should make a comment about this....but as I said, I'm trying to be a good girl today :eusa_whistle:

"(Ooosie --- think "Plattdeutsch") :D"

Do they have Plattdeutsch in Rhode Island also?

PlattEnglisch
2eefz3t.gif

Don't know if you follow the joke -- in that area they don't say the letter R. It's illegal. So the word "large" comes out "lodge" and so on. :)

I've been to both, but didn't do the cliff walk. Great seafood in Newport. And I know how much Chris likes seafood... :eusa_shifty:

Had a wonderful excursion on Martha's Vineyard years ago with my GF. We rented a car (no credit card, they don't care since they know there's no way to get the car off the island) and tooled around, we did it in the dunes :) we saw Mike Wallace walking down the street. Then when we left, it was a hot day and we stopped at an ice cream shop. My GF asked for a "double dip".

Only when we got back to the car did it dawn on us that she was saying "a large". :eusa_doh:

I should make a comment about this....but as I said, I'm trying to be a good girl today :eusa_whistle:

PlattEnglisch
2eefz3t.gif

Don't know if you follow the joke -- in that area they don't say the letter R. It's illegal. So the word "large" comes out "lodge" and so on. :)

This is too complicated for me to understand at 12.50am :eusa_doh:

Oh you mean they all sound English, or sort of English, like Katharine Hepburn sort of did, although she was from Connecticut.

PlattEnglisch
2eefz3t.gif

So Kid B has now decided to have a nap, that means we get to nap also....so I'm off to bed Pogo....Gute Nacht :smoke:

PlattEnglisch
2eefz3t.gif

This is too complicated for me to understand at 12.50am :eusa_doh:

Oh you mean they all sound English, or sort of English, like Katharine Hepburn sort of did, although she was from Connecticut.

Yes, something like that.

Reminds me of the little Hutterite girl I met who didn't speak English -- I greeted her with "wie heißt du?" She didn't understand until one of the adults who has Hochdeutsch translated "wie hasst du". Something like that.

PlattEnglisch
2eefz3t.gif

So Kid B has now decided to have a nap, that means we get to nap also....so I'm off to bed Pogo....Gute Nacht :smoke:

G'nite, bis Morgen. Time for dinner anyway. :)

Salad with ranch dressing and milk.

Shadow 355

Eww. Who puts milk on salad? :wtf:

I was going on a trip, so I stopped in at my local Mexicano restaurant for Pollo Chilango -- chicken, rice n beans, broccoli, zucchini and peppers in cheese sauce.

PlattEnglisch
2eefz3t.gif

-- in that area they don't say the letter R. It's illegal.

That's not exactly the case.

I've been saving some money, and me and one of my friends are going to rent a small house in Newport in June for a whole week! I can't wait for June! :2up: And the damn weather had better be nice!!

I find that this forum tends to bring out the worst in me, and I don't like it. I have to try and "break the habit," you know what I'm saying? ;)

Is this Newport, Rhode Island? I've visited there, very nice place. You and your friend should have a good time.

I have never been to the North East...far Northeast I have been is Pittsburgh to see the Steelers.
I have been to all other quadrants but never Northeast.

You poor, poor bastard.

PlattEnglisch
2eefz3t.gif

-- in that area they don't say the letter R. It's illegal.

That's not exactly the case.

Some areas have a much heavier accent than others. Lol. Fall River people have a really thick accent most of the time. I work at the hospital taking calls, so I try to hide my accent and sound more professional. I don't have a real thick accent, but I know when I say some words, it's noticeable. :D

Outsiders often misunderstand the R thing. One reason Hollywood actors so famously butcher the accent.

Forum List

Back