What did you have for dinner?

That might have been some of the best salmon fillets I ever ate. I will never grill fish without a wood plank again. The juiciness is undeniable!

I'm just having chicken salad on a bagel with tomato and cheese and some potato chips. No time to cook tonight.

Do you have to chase the chickens down? :lol:

Well if I don't have time to cook, then I sure don't have time to be chasing chickens. Although that does sound like fun. :lol:

Noooooooo I don't think you want to do that! lol

yeah, I like my chickens already dead and plucked. :D

And packaged. And blocked from my mind so I do not think about it. :lol:

Rice noodles, mung bean sprouts and shrimp w/ stirfry veggies and a coconut curry sauce. With walnuts in it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Rice noodles, mung bean sprouts and shrimp w/ stirfry veggies and a coconut curry sauce. With walnuts in it.

I'm hungry!

Wasn't that good but... for you, I'll do it again. :D

kat-kitty.gif

I stopped at a new barbecue place in town after work and brought home a beef brisket sandwich and fries. The brisket was moist and tasty. The fries were fresh cut, in my humble opinion, the only way restaurants should sell French fries.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I was at a festival today where a food concession was selling Indian curry donuts.

You read that right. I double checked with them. Indian curry donuts.

Didn't order any though. I say I'll try anything once but I guess I have my limits.

Would have to be a huge curry fan to try that. Sounds pretty bad. Curry is way strong.

Would have to be a huge curry fan to try that. Sounds pretty bad. Curry is way strong.

I am a huge curry fan --- wait, lemme rephrase, I am a curry fan hugely--- damn. :banghead:
I like curry and I like donuts. But some things just aren't made to mix. Like peanut butter and mustard. Or chocolate spaghetti.

I had a home made burger with bacon, sauteed morels and Swiss cheese. Some french fries and a garden salad.

I've had several people tell me that I made them the best burger they've had in their life. And that kind of compliment means a lot to me because I take pride in how much my cooking skills have developed over the last 5 years or so since I've taken up gourmet cooking as a new hobby.

For the patty I use 80%-20% ground sirloin and carefully make the patties from about a third to a half pound. I make them about an inch thick or so, making sure to shape them so that they are slightly concave in order to prevent them from bulging out in the middle while they are cooking. This makes them cook much more evenly.

Then I season them. I sprinkle both sides of them liberally with course ground sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and gently rub it in. I also use just a smidge of freshly ground dehydrated garlic powder. And I let the seasoning soak in at room temperature for about 20 minutes before grilling them.

When I grill them I first singe the outside on the bottom rack near the flame for some nice tasty grill marks then I put them on the top rack until they are at the desired doneness. I have a bunch of little meat thermometers that are really handy for monitoring doneness and I put one in each burger.

I also bake home made hamburger buns. I slice them in half and spread softened butter on the faces before grillng them. Buttering and grilling the buns makes a huge difference in the overall quality of a hamburger.

I double fry my french fries in beef tallow. Most restaurants use vegetable oil. However I prefer to use beef tallow because give my fries a hearty beefy flavor. And I double fry them to make them golden brown and crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.

I also had a simple garden salad with romaine and iceberg lettuce, ripe olives, green onions, grape tomatoes and shredded cheddar with a home made Italian style dressing.

I know it sounds like a lot of work just for a burger and fries but the results are well worth it.

I am a huge curry fan --- wait, lemme rephrase, I am a curry fan hugely--- damn. :banghead:
I like curry and I like donuts. But some things just aren't made to mix. Like peanut butter and mustard. Or chocolate spaghetti.

eww you're right!

I had a home made burger with bacon, sauteed morels and Swiss cheese. Some french fries and a garden salad.

I've had several people tell me that I made them the best burger they've had in their life. And that kind of compliment means a lot to me because I take pride in how much my cooking skills have developed over the last 5 years or so since I've taken up gourmet cooking as a new hobby.

For the patty I use 80%-20% ground sirloin and carefully make the patties from about a third to a half pound. I make them about an inch thick or so, making sure to shape them so that they are slightly concave in order to prevent them from bulging out in the middle while they are cooking. This makes them cook much more evenly.

Then I season them. I sprinkle both sides of them liberally with course ground sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and gently rub it in. I also use just a smidge of freshly ground dehydrated garlic powder. And I let the seasoning soak in at room temperature for about 20 minutes before grilling them.

When I grill them I first singe the outside on the bottom rack near the flame for some nice tasty grill marks then I put them on the top rack until they are at the desired doneness. I have a bunch of little meat thermometers that are really handy for monitoring doneness and I put one in each burger.

I also bake home made hamburger buns. I slice them in half and spread softened butter on the faces before grillng them. Buttering and grilling the buns makes a huge difference in the overall quality of a hamburger.

I double fry my french fries in beef tallow. Most restaurants use vegetable oil. However I prefer to use beef tallow because give my fries a hearty beefy flavor. And I double fry them to make them golden brown and crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.

I also had a simple garden salad with romaine and iceberg lettuce, ripe olives, green onions, grape tomatoes and shredded cheddar with a home made Italian style dressing.

I know it sounds like a lot of work just for a burger and fries but the results are well worth it.

You and I will have to have a burger cook off! :D

You and I will have to have a burger cook off! :D
That would be fun. ;)

However, I don't think my wife would appreciate it if I said I was going to travel to "wherever the wild thing are!!!" to meet an attractive cougar for a meat tasting competition.

Yesterday I had a tuna can for breakfast and later for lunch I had 3 crepes with nutella and in the evening a piece of melon and some strawberries.

Forum List

Back