What did you have for dinner?

I forget what I had......duh....
think_prv-1.gif

Eggplant Parmesean tonite, and made up a batch of tomato sauce while it was baking including some nice sweet peppers I've been growing and mushrooms. Also put half a ghost pepper in there, not for the meal but after it so it gets a chance to marinate in there. It's gonna be ... very interesting next time out.

yesterday fish and a eggplant risoto. but in the evening i ate sweet cakes they are called joghurt krapfen and i put nutella on it, that was betraying my diet. FYI Two months ago I was at 160kg (at my fattest ever) and now Im at 149kg

11_joghurt-krapfen-2-kerstinschraut.jpg

Tuna can? Did it break any teeth??

tuna in a can, sorry. i opened the can and ate the tuna :d it was with a spicy tomato sauce. and the brand is called rio mare.

riomare_thunfisch_sauce.png

Tuna is one of the best fish, it contains all the essential nutrients and its very low calorie. It contains Selenium, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Choline, Vitamin B11, Vitamin B2.

Smoked sesame seed encrusted and seared on both sides in just smoking grape seed oil for about a minute and a half per side..
upload_2016-8-19_19-23-49.png

Last night, I had sirloin strip steaks on the grill and then brushed with a butter garlic mixture. Also homemade scalloped potatoes (not that stuff in the box that is like dehydrated potatoes), and broccoli for which I used the same butter garlic mixture. It was really good and very filling. I need to get a mandolin so I don't have to slice all those taters by hand though. That is the most time consuming part, and as much as I try to get them all the same thickness, some are always thicker than others. Oh well, you can't tell once the dish is done, it would just make it easier and I would make scalloped taters more often if I had a mandolin.

Last night, I had sirloin strip steaks on the grill and then brushed with a butter garlic mixture. Also homemade scalloped potatoes (not that stuff in the box that is like dehydrated potatoes), and broccoli for which I used the same butter garlic mixture. It was really good and very filling. I need to get a mandolin so I don't have to slice all those taters by hand though. That is the most time consuming part, and as much as I try to get them all the same thickness, some are always thicker than others. Oh well, you can't tell once the dish is done, it would just make it easier and I would make scalloped taters more often if I had a mandolin.

If you want a good mandolin at a reasonable price i'd go with this one. When you dull the blades it doesnt hurt when you toss it and get another.

I ate another chicken today, and I don't know if its name was Gloria. Gloria is a famous chicken because someone saved her from the slaughterhouse. Not so the one I ate today, it came in slices ready cooked.

If you want a good mandolin at a reasonable price i'd go with this one. When you dull the blades it doesnt hurt when you toss it and get another.

Yeah, I need that.

Yeah, I need that.

They're only around thirty bucks and they perform better than some of the pricey models.

I ate another chicken today, and I don't know if its name was Gloria. Gloria is a famous chicken because someone saved her from the slaughterhouse. Not so the one I ate today, it came in slices ready cooked.
I might have recently finished off Gloria? Was she on social security? I'll never buy breast for $2.30lb. again.

I might have recently finished off Gloria? Was she on social security? I'll never buy breast for $2.30lb. again.

I think Gloria is living a charmed life. Just one of a billion chickens that get scoffed. But she was saved by animal rights people. They personalised Gloria by naming her, and tell us we can save more chickens by not eating them. But I am too old and cynical to change my ways. I will keep noshing chickens because I figure they were born to be eaten.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back