What did you have for dinner?

I ate another chicken today, and I don't know if its name was Gloria. Gloria is a famous chicken because someone saved her from the slaughterhouse. Not so the one I ate today, it came in slices ready cooked.
I might have recently finished off Gloria? Was she on social security? I'll never buy breast for $2.30lb. again.

I think Gloria is living a charmed life. Just one of a billion chickens that get scoffed. But she was saved by animal rights people. They personalised Gloria by naming her, and tell us we can save more chickens by not eating them. But I am too old and cynical to change my ways. I will keep noshing chickens because I figure they were born to be eaten.

I like chicken too. In fact, I would say it is my favorite meat. I would not be able to kill or eat a chicken that I raised though. I don't know how people can do that. I was watching a show earlier and the people had bunnies and they cared for them and then to turn around and slaughter them after gaining their trust is just not right, IMO. I prefer my chickens packaged up in the grocery stores so it just looks like meat and not an actual animal.

I had a lovebird that looked like a little chick but I am sure she was far smarter than a chicken. If I thought chickens were as smart as her I would stop eating them.

Three-egg omelette with steamed spinach, feta cheese, mushrooms, etwas carrot and a healthy shake of tarragon, with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice.

OK I lie. That was breakfast.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Three-egg omelette with steamed spinach, feta cheese, mushrooms, etwas carrot and a healthy shake of tarragon, with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice.

I am coming to YOUR house to eat!!

I am coming to YOUR house to eat!!

Promises promises... :eusa_shifty:

I get seriously into breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day.
I'm growing some lovage as a new herb. When I run out of spinach I'll run that in there and see what happens. I like to experiment.

I didn't mention the French press French Roast coffee.... that came first :coffee:

Also left out the garden-fresh yellow tomato. Put it out and never used it. :(
The memory is the second thing to go.....

Last edited:
Yellow Thai curry with shrimp, stir-fry veggies including sweet peppers from the garden, and raw broccoli sprouts.
Emoticon_by_LittleGirl88.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Tonight, weather permitting, I'm going to have steaks on the grill and corn on the cob with my super fattening but delicious twice baked potatoes! I can't wait to eat a twice baked potato. They are the best thing I've ever eaten, I think.

I had hamburgers on the grill last night and have some hamburger left, so I'm making tacos tonight. Right now for breakfast (it's breakfast time for me), I'm having a bacon and egg sandwich with hot sauce and orange juice.

This is SO good...

Paella with shrimp, chicken, mussels and squid, doctored to another dimension with Puliogare (South Indian tamarind) powder, Ras al-Hanout, and minced garlic. And then I threw some curry powder in there because why not.

Forum List

Back