What Geology reveal regarding the FLOOD of Noah's time.

Per the OT-Genesis, which I'm not inclined to see as very accurate historically, rather more allegorical IMO.

Correction. The Bible says 150 days.

Yes, it allegorical .. based on a much older myth from Sumer.

You fit the I'll tell you tomorrow riddle.

Noah and his family told their offspring what happened and then it got passed down, but the true history got changed from generation to generation and to fit their POV/culture. There was also a gap of all peoples in their history/culture after the global flood as further evidence of a true catastrophic event.

The key to me is what each side gets out of the truth and myth. I mean I have a healthy respect for catastrophes and try to help people recover when they happen. Also, I wait patiently for the end times as the second global catastrophe will mean the end of everything.

You should study some first century history.. or from 200 BC to 150 AD.

The end times were an end of an age.. The end of Temple Judaism.. not the end of the world.

Correction. The Bible says 150 days.

Yes, it allegorical .. based on a much older myth from Sumer.
40 days of rain and then another 150 before the water subsided, after grounding on Mt. Ararat, IIRC.

Quite familiar with the Sumer origins. Studied that quite a bit while going through Sitchin's books.

Have a copy of and have read Epic of Gilgamesh.

40 days of rain and then another 150 before the water subsided, after grounding on Mt. Ararat, IIRC.

Quite familiar with the Sumer origins. Studied that quite a bit while going through Sitchin's books.

Have a copy of and have read Epic of Gilgamesh.

Sitchins? Hadn't heard about him in a while.. He wrote about the Annunaki, didn't he?

The Ark wouldn't settle on a mountain top as the waters receded.

Sitchins? Hadn't heard about him in a while.. He wrote about the Annunaki, didn't he?

The Ark wouldn't settle on a mountain top as the waters receded.
He did pass on a few years ago. Yes about the Anunnaki, and other things and peoples of the region related to the subjects.

IIRC, the OT story has the whole Earth covered in water, over the mountain tops supposedly, so would have to recede or something like that for the ark to run aground.

Just repeating what I've heard(read long ago), didn't write it.

You should study some first century history.. or from 200 BC to 150 AD.

The end times were an end of an age.. The end of Temple Judaism.. not the end of the world.
You should read the Bible as science backs up the Bible. It was the first end for all the peoples in the OT except for Noah's family and us. Our time will come. You fail to answer my questions, so there's that. No one knows when the coming end of the world will come. Even Jesus doesn't know. He prophecized the end will come and said it is up to the Father and only He knows the time and He will execute it. That's what many people are interested in.

As for 200 BC to 150 AD, I can only find how Jesus prophecized the Roman destruction of the Jewish temple and the attempted genocide of the Jews (sound familiar?). It happened in 70 AD and may have been the last of the Biblical prophecies that were fulfilled. How many times were there attempts at Jewish genocide? That's historical evidence of the prophecies and persecution of the Jews in the Bible.

Not possible.
Atheism isn't possible. How did spacetime start? You don't know. Thus, your atheist scientists stole singulairty from the creationists. You and the thieving atheists lost already.

Atheism isn't possible. How did spacetime start? You don't know. Thus, your atheist scientists stole singulairty from the creationists. You and the thieving atheists lost already.
Not true at all.

A singularity is where a set of independent variables gives rise to an undefined dependent variable in a mathematical function.

You should read the Bible as science backs up the Bible. It was the first end for all the peoples in the OT except for Noah's family and us. Our time will come. You fail to answer my questions, so there's that. No one knows when the coming end of the world will come. Even Jesus doesn't know. He prophecized the end will come and said it is up to the Father and only He knows the time and He will execute it. That's what many people are interested in.

As for 200 BC to 150 AD, I can only find how Jesus prophecized the Roman destruction of the Jewish temple and the attempted genocide of the Jews (sound familiar?). It happened in 70 AD and may have been the last of the Biblical prophecies that were fulfilled. How many times were there attempts at Jewish genocide? That's historical evidence of the prophecies and persecution of the Jews in the Bible.
You really need to take your Bible thumping to the religion forum.

That time period also covers the forced conversion of the Edomites.

Jesus referred to the first abomination of desolation when Antiochus IV defiled the temple. Jesus also told his followers to flee the tribution and leave Jerusalem for the mountains.

Forum List

Back