What happened to the Republican party?

We've gone far past "doesn't like". Partisans convince themselves that the other side is "pure evil'. They completely flip out. And then the losers work feverishly to block everything the winner tries to do. They completely forget that we're all on the same side, that we're all Americans.
The reality here is that one side is actually evil. But we have been bothsidered so much by a media scared to call it out because of accusations of bias. Democrats did try working with trump. Repubicans blocked Obama and Biden.

Yes. Ranked choice voting would help a great deal. It would also tone down the divisive fear monger and let other parties get some real feedback on voter preferences.

I say make elections publicly financed. That way all candidates can run without worrying about money.

I'm pretty sure you don't understand how I'm thinking. Most partisans don't. I just doesn't fit in their worldview.
You have made your thinking pretty clear. You reduced a societal problem down to my personal circumstance. That pretty much tells the story.

Well, sorry. But we don't get to just "restructure" society. That's not what government is for, and trying to use it for that creates the kind of frantic division and fear that we're now living through. People don't much like being "restructured".
This nation has ways been divided. This is not something that is new. People don't like one small group decideing what society wil be. So then changes must occur, and that is restructuring. It has to happen or hell will break loose because the people who have not been the ones giving a chance are tired of the obtuse natiure of that one group. So it is up to government to create policies that shape soiciety to be fair and equal.

'm calling flat out bullshit on that. Dems are just as divisive as Republicans.
Not really. It considers what you think is divisive. I don't think equal opportunity for everyone is divisive.

Yes. That's the premise of the modern liberal. I prefer freedom.

Yes, but now Republicans are doing the same thing in response.

Bullshit. I'm not talking about lock step agreement. But we shouldn't end every fucking election with half the county in denial, chanting "Not my President". We need someone that half the country doesn't hate right out of the gate.

I'm not really interested in your personal circumstances. As voters, as citizens, I think we have a responsibility to look past our personal welfare and vote for leadership that will be good for the country as a whole. The back and forth partisan shit is killing us.

Again, you're a true believer. But neither party's candidate seems to have any intention of uniting the country. They just want to score points for their side.
You're right, but Trump isn't really a Republican. He is a CEO used to getting bit projects done. Bringing in other rich folks to finance the project, construction crews, stupid rules and regulations, etc. I think he is who we need because he can form compromises that we can live with between Democrats and Republicans like Abortion, either states rights or 16 weeks. II believe he'll get the wall built and use the Democrat's app to prequalify all immigrant applicants. He is who we need to get things done.

What does censoring information about Hunter Biden as well as Covid before the election have to do with the election.

Gee, you got me stumped mr brain
The cite said the Biden administration pressured Zuckerberg. How could that have been before the election?!

#TIMEWARP

Forum List

Back