What inferences can we make by looking at these two specimins?

We are more closely related to the coyote than the thylacine is.

Fun fact.

[Bing Crosby voice] "No damn thymine has anything on my Taz"[/Bing Crosby voice] ... I looked it up, rodents and carnivores split during the late Cretaceous ... or so says Wiki ...

Why cats bite, we're just big rats ...

`
1725050255121.png

[Bing Crosby voice] "No damn thymine has anything on my Taz"[/Bing Crosby voice] ... I looked it up, rodents and carnivores split during the late Cretaceous ... or so says Wiki ...

Why cats bite, we're just big rats ...
Yep. And marsupials split from placentals between 125 and 160 million years ago.

that claim of DNA hasnt been proven ...

We have laboratory experiments with fruit flies you can duplicate in your local high school biology lab ... we know the 3-dimensional structure of these macromolecules ... and we can calculate the chemical reactions that are occurring ...

1) DNA regulates all cell functions, through catalysts ... everything ...
2) DNA is responsible for almost all inherited traits, why children resemble their parents ...
3) DNA changes over time ... and we have billions of years ...

This is theoretically sound and we have a wealth of laboratory experiments that will demonstrate each and every one of these claims ... as long as we have these billions of years to work with ...

This doesn't happen in 6,000 years ... and alpha helices won't spin the correct way on a Flat Earth ... and God forbid dog breeders ... can't evolve a St Johns Dog now can we? ...

We have laboratory experiments with fruit flies you can duplicate in your local high school biology lab ... we know the 3-dimensional structure of these macromolecules ... and we can calculate the chemical reactions that are occurring ...

1) DNA regulates all cell functions, through catalysts ... everything ...
2) DNA is responsible for almost all inherited traits, why children resemble their parents ...
3) DNA changes over time ... and we have billions of years ...

This is theoretically sound and we have a wealth of laboratory experiments that will demonstrate each and every one of these claims ... as long as we have these billions of years to work with ...

This doesn't happen in 6,000 years ... and alpha helices won't spin the correct way on a Flat Earth ... and God forbid dog breeders ... can't evolve a St Johns Dog now can we? ...
how do they know they are duplicating it right or at all since no one in human history has ever observed it happening??

if DNA changes over time and no one observed it how do you know what it changed into or at all??

That's what is called "unsound logic", as it is based on a false premise. And ironically enough, you just proved it wrong by writing a post, since you are indeed an ape.
So pick one's preferred common ancestor and we are that? Very well so we are all rats then.

and by extension we are all bacteria, since each of us will have a distant relative that was a bacterium.

Here's an interesting debate - two eminent biologists debating the idea of the "selfish gene", always refreshing to see controversy in science.

Note how Dawkins begins by saying that if he's wrong then he's been wrong for over fifty years and so have most people working in this area, this is (to me) a weak argument from authority fallacy, but I'll watch it all...

Last edited:
I have no idea where you get your non sequiturs.

Any two species share many common ancestors.

Clades are not arbitrary. You are an ape. As was the most recent common ancestor of all apes.

Common to all existing life is blue-green algae ... they poisoned the environment and everything that wasn't blue-green algae died ... horribly, imagine your body slowly combusting with the air ... ouch ...

Pond scum ... still everyplace poisoning the environment ...

Forum List

Back