What Kind Of Sauce Do You Like On Your Spaghetti?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Here's the thing. I just made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. I never used to have any sauce because I hate Ragu red sauce with a passion.

Then I discovered that there's such a thing as meat sauce and I go to town on it. I was just curious if there were other kinds of sauces out there that I never heard of so I thought that I would take a forum poll to see if any others sounded good to me.

Here's the thing. I just made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night. I never used to have any sauce because I hate Ragu red sauce with a passion.

Then I discovered that there's such a thing as meat sauce and I go to town on it. I was just curious if there were other kinds of sauces out there that I never heard of so I thought that I would take a forum poll to see if any others sounded good to me.

If you have freezer space, make your own marinara or meat sauce. Recipes are pretty simple and any tomato based sauce freezes well.

Plus you can muck around with them, add mushrooms, or basil, or even sliced sausage.

1727195242502.png

Pan seared minced garlic (heavy on the garlic), and 50/50 butter and olive oil.

Toss in something like cherry tomato's or sliced squash.

Toss over the spaghetti.

WW

Interesting but again I don't like garlic. I swear that I'm a vampire lol as I'm up really late and can't stand garlic. At least I don't suck blood though. 😆

I say if you go for tomato sauce add onions, mushrooms, and some pepper.

The only thing that I really like that you mentioned is pepper. I honestly can't believe that I met somebody who likes mushrooms besides Mario. 🤮

I haven't bought sauce in a jar in decades

Simplest, barebone version is to dice half an onion, fry it in Olive oil until slightly brown, add a cup of red wine, reduce for a minute, add a can of Crushed Tomatoes (I prefer Cento), wash a carrot and add it to the sauce, simmer low heat 30 minutes, stir occasionally. Remove carrot.

As you get more confident add meats.

Note: Prior to 2010, I used to start with a few cloves of crushed garlic AND half an onion. That is, until my eldest son returned from a semester at University of Bologna where his roommates were Culinary students from Tuscany and he INSISTED!!!! that you must keep it simple, focus on either garlic OR onion, they were 2 distinctly different tastes

Simplest, barebone version is to dice half an onion, fry it in Olive oil until slightly brown, add a cup of red wine, reduce for a minute, add a can of Crushed Tomatoes (I prefer Cento), wash a carrot and add it to the sauce, simmer low heat 30 minutes, stir occasionally. Remove carrot.

So you make your own sauce?

Pan seared minced garlic (heavy on the garlic), and 50/50 butter and olive oil.

Toss in something like cherry tomato's or sliced squash.

Toss over the spaghetti.

WW

As to why.

I find that the reduction of the tomato makes it pretty acidy and while I love it, but stomach isn't happy with me later.

So, white sauce or a butter/garlic/EVOO toss works best.

Same thing with pizza, love pizza just skip the red sauce and go with EVOO and garlic (along with other fix'n like onion, mushroom, sausage, etc.)

WW

My base marinara is crushed tomatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, tomato paste, red wine, Italian seasoning mix, regular olive oil, salt, pepper.

If you hate garlic, try using an anchovy, chop it and cook in the oil at medium heat while stirring until it breaks up, then add the onions and proceed.

My base marinara is crushed tomatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, tomato paste, red wine, Italian seasoning mix, regular olive oil, salt, pepper.

If you hate garlic, try using an anchovy, chop it and cook in the oil at medium heat while stirring until it breaks up, then add the onions and proceed.
Who in their right mind eats anchovies? It makes my breath smell like shit.

Forum List

Back