What Kind Of Sauce Do You Like On Your Spaghetti?

What Kind Of Sauce Do You Like On Your Spaghetti?​

If you mean types of sauce, I prefer arrabbiata, carbonara, Naples puttanesca, marinara sauce, vodka sauce, Aglio e Olio, quattro formaggi, and fra diavolo sauces.

I never used to have any sauce because I hate Ragu red sauce with a passion.
Ragu brand is the worst, but there is also a ragu type of sauce! As far as good BRANDS go, look for Carbone (if you can find it), Rao's, Victoria's, Trader Joe's, Classico, Cento, DelGrosso, and Newman's Own are all pretty good in my experience, with some variations/types within each brand being better than others. I lean toward the meat sauces, cheese sauces and mushroom sauces, depending on the noodle.

I make the spaghetti noodles first.
Semolina, eggs, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Then all you need is garlic and butter....tastes great without anything else.

Do you have to add the garlic though? Vampire here remember!? 😆

I never buy the pre-made spaghetti sauces. I'm surprised so many people do, when it's easy to make your own, and it's much better imo. 😋

I never buy the pre-made spaghetti sauces. I'm surprised so many people do, when it's easy to make your own, and it's much better imo. 😋

Okay good a topic that we can actually discuss without it becoming heated. So, how do you make your sauce?

Mix hamburger and Italian sausage (1/2 pound each) in a bowl, throw in some Italian seasoning, brown, In a large skillet) drain grease set aside. Take the pan you cooked the meat in and pour out grease. If you have any rosemary, sage, thyme put 1 tablespoon of each in the skillet. (I also throw in garlic but it is not really needed) Throw in 1 tablespoon of butter and saute (cook over medium heat until herbs are slightly browned). Add 1/2 cup of beef broth and whatever red sauce you like. Simmer for at least 1 hour (more is better). Oh yeah, add a splash of wine if you have it.

Mix hamburger and Italian sausage (1/2 pound each) in a bowl, throw in some Italian seasoning, brown, In a large skillet) drain grease set aside. Take the pan you cooked the meat in and pour out grease. If you have any rosemary, sage, thyme put 1 tablespoon of each in the skillet. (I also throw in garlic but it is not really needed) Throw in 1 tablespoon of butter and saute (cook over medium heat until herbs are slightly browned). Add 1/2 cup of beef broth and whatever red sauce you like. Simmer for at least 1 hour (more is better). Oh yeah, add a splash of wine if you have it.

Sounds delicious!! 😍

Okay good a topic that we can actually discuss without it becoming heated. So, how do you make your sauce?

I don't do anything fancy. Ha. But since you asked... It depends on what I have on hand. For a basic sauce, the base is tomato sauce (unsalted, because that way you can add how much salt you want instead of someone else deciding for you)… then I add the seasonings / dried herbs (like oregano and other herbs) then I add maybe half an onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder…. and I let it simmer. Then separately whatever meat substitutes I have, like ground “beef”... I brown that in a pan, or sometimes I use Gardein meatballs… and then I just add the “meat” to the simmering sauce. That’s about it. And not to get on this topic (don't worry) but I bet if you had it, you wouldn't even be able to tell that it was vegan. :p

I don't do anything fancy. Ha. But since you asked... It depends on what I have on hand. For a basic sauce, the base is tomato sauce (unsalted, because that way you can add how much salt you want instead of someone else deciding for you)… then I add the seasonings / dried herbs (like oregano and other herbs) then I add maybe half an onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder…. and I let it simmer. Then separately whatever meat substitutes I have, like ground “beef”... I brown that in a pan, or sometimes I use Gardein meatballs… and then I just add the “meat” to the simmering sauce. That’s about it. And not to get on this topic (don't worry) but I bet if you had it, you wouldn't even be able to tell that it was vegan. :p

For a zestier sauce, I would recommend:
  • Sauteing the beef in olive oil.
  • Use Hunts Canned Crushed Tomatoes over tomato sauce for more flavor and consistency.
  • Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic, dried oregano, and both FRESH basil and parsley.
  • Then thicken as needed with tomato paste for added flavor.

Lol probably not but you're actually a whole lot friendlier than that other one about that subject, but thanks for sticking to the topic. I really appreciate it. :)

For a zestier sauce, I would recommend:
  • Sauteing the beef in olive oil.
  • Use Hunts Canned Crushed Tomatoes over tomato sauce for more flavor and consistency.
  • Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic, dried oregano, and both FRESH basil and parsley.
  • Then thicken as needed with tomato paste for added flavor.
I would add Italian sausage to the meat, but that sauce sounds good.

Forum List

Back