What will your family get when you die?

Maybe the M1911 depending on the maker....No interest (except for trade fodder) in the rest.

Oh, and you can keep the dirty ML and the crossbow.
Ruger 1911 45. I bought it from a widow for $600. They say I got a GREAT deal.

You wouldn't want the 450 Bushmaster? It's a great gun. I'll take it and the 5 shot derringer. It's the perfect concealed weapon. Fits in the palm of your hand and can put it in your pocket and carry it around.

The .450 Bushmaster is legal to use in the southern part of Michigan, where the state has relaxed firearms rules for deer hunting. The .450 Bushmaster is considered an ideal "Michigan round" because it's legal statewide.

The .450 Bushmaster is a popular round for hunting in Michigan's Limited Firearms Zone and is considered a good choice for big game animals like whitetail, elk, and black bears.

450 Bushmaster has a significant advantage in downrange performance, especially downrange energy. The . 350 Legend gets the job done, but if you want to cleanly, quickly, and humanely drop game animals at 200 to 300 yards, the . 450 Bushmaster is a better option.

The .450 Bushmaster is legal in southern Michigan because the state's Limited Firearms Zone allows rifles chambered for straight-walled rounds that are .35 caliber or larger:
  • Background
    Before 2014, Michigan had a "Shotgun Zone" that banned the use of rifles in a certain area. This was due to safety concerns about the range of travel of rifles. However, hunters pushed back and eventually won the right to use rifles in the area.
  • Law change
    In June 2014, the Natural Resource Commission changed the area to the Limited Firearms Zone, allowing rifles that meet the above criteria.
  • Benefits
    The law change allowed for more firearm options, better accuracy, and longer range for deer hunters. It also allowed for lighter weight rifles with less recoil for younger hunters and those with smaller frames.
  • Examples of legal firearms
    The .450 Bushmaster, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt, and .460 S&W are all legal in the southern part of Michigan.

We haven't decided how much to leave to the kids. I want to leave part of it to charity we just haven't decided which one(s). I like Tim Tebow's foundation that works to locate and free kids from sexual slavery either from the sex trade or abusive homes. Project H.O.O.D I donate to already and may leave money to them as well.

How much are we talking? How much are you leaving the kids and how much to charity? My opinion is charity starts at home. I'm leaving all of mine to my nephews. And hopefully they leave a lot to their kids one day.

You see a lot of rich people eventually have kids who aren't going to be rich. They aren't as smart or god forbid they have autism. If that happens to your kids or grandkids, I'd want to know my ancestors can afford something like that.

How much are we talking? How much are you leaving the kids and how much to charity? My opinion is charity starts at home. I'm leaving all of mine to my nephews. And hopefully they leave a lot to their kids one day.

You see a lot of rich people eventually have kids who aren't going to be rich. They aren't as smart or god forbid they have autism. If that happens to your kids or grandkids, I'd want to know my ancestors can afford something like that.
I don't want to be specific but we have already gifted money to the kids. They will be fine regardless of what we leave them they both have degrees and good paying jobs. I've seen inheritance create problems in families, It's not all roses and rainbows when family knows or expects they are inheriting a lot of money.

I was reading an article about DINK's and SINK's. Duel income no kids and single income no kids. It's becoming very popular. In the article the guy said "I have $1 million dollars. I'm leaving everything to my nephews but if they get $1 million something went horribly wrong. "

I disagree because I don't want to spend all my money when I retire. I want it to work for me and I'll live off the interest and social security. But I get the guys point. He has no one to worry about.

So even if I died without a penny, my nephews will still inherit my condo and boat. The place is paid off but with taxes and association dues, it costs me about $500 a month to live here. The president of my condos said they rent for $1400 a month. That's $900 profit every month if they rent it out or $10K a year profit. The pontoon costs $5000 a year. I mean everything. Gas, insurance, paying to have it hauled away and brought back twice a year. Let's call it $5000. So my nephews will have a boat on a local lake and still profit $5000 a year. After 7 years they can use the money to buy a new boat. And if they move or decide they don't want the place anymore, they can sell it for 200K. It's a small one bedroom.

Forget money. What cool shit are you going to inherit one day? Or what cool shit are your kids going to get one day when you kick the bucket?

My nephews will also inherit from my brother and his wife a home in Greece, a condo in Fort Lauderdale and a sweet 60 acre hunting property up north. Not to mention their parents home which is small. That house they'll sell right away. Lucky fuckers!

Besides my condo and $ they're going to get all my hunting stuff. My quad. Guns. Old baseball cards from the 70's and 80's (unless I find out they are valuable when I retire and that'll be my hobby selling them).

I LOVE the fact that you weird cultists are aborting, transing, and otherwise self-selecting yourselves out of existence.

I don't want to be specific but we have already gifted money to the kids. They will be fine regardless of what we leave them they both have degrees and good paying jobs. I've seen inheritance create problems in families, It's not all roses and rainbows when family knows or expects they are inheriting a lot of money.
Great point. I remember my brothers mother in law said she was going to leave all her money to charity. Right in front of her daughter I said "I hope charity is going to come wipe your ass when you get older"

She now has dementia. Can you imagine you know your parents didn't leave you anything and you're paying to take care of them? LOL. Anyways, they don't have that much money anyways and my sister in law and brother are loaded. So she was probably just talking shit.

I work with a woman who just got her dad's money. She said "my dad's money is my 401K". Of course she's a Republican. LOL. I wish she didn't have daddy's money and see if she would still vote for the party that wants to cut social security and other social safety nets for people like her. Or people who aren't as lucky as her to have a daddy who leaves her money.

My dad, if he doesn't have to go into a home, should leave my brother and I $400K each. Even if he has to go to a home there's a nice affordable one across the street. BUT, if he has to go to a Alzheimers home, those are MUCH more expensive. He's 80. Doctor examined him and said he'll probably live past 90. But I already see dementia kicking in. Those are the worst. Physically healthy but bat shit crazy.

Forum List

Back