What you feeding your dog?

Last year, we lost our 3-year old Wheaten Terrier to kidney failure. After 2 weeks and 2500 dollars in vet bills, we were devastated to find out it was due to Chinese manufactured chicken jerky treats we had purchased at Costco.
At any rate, we are desperately trying to find a dry dog food without any Chinese ingredients whatsoever. Almost impossible. Even foods like Merrick and Fromm source vitamins from China for their formulations.
I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
View attachment 387431
Read the labels.

There are still dog treats and dog food made in the US
Which is why we buy Taste of the Wild... 5 plants, all in the U.S.

Last year, we lost our 3-year old Wheaten Terrier to kidney failure. After 2 weeks and 2500 dollars in vet bills, we were devastated to find out it was due to Chinese manufactured chicken jerky treats we had purchased at Costco.
At any rate, we are desperately trying to find a dry dog food without any Chinese ingredients whatsoever. Almost impossible. Even foods like Merrick and Fromm source vitamins from China for their formulations.
View attachment 387431
/——/ Make your own from fresh local foods. Probably cheaper in the long run. Here’s one of many sites: JustFoodForDogs | Real Food for Real Good Dogs

View attachment 387431

We NEVER buy ANYTHING made in China. We have a 7 week old German Shephard pup and she gets US made puppy food.
Burger King brand or Samz klubb ?

We NEVER buy ANYTHING made in China. We have a 7 week old German Shephard pup and she gets US made puppy food.

Socialize that GSD.... if you have had GSDs before - you already know... if not... you will find out the hard way if you don't socialize them YOUNG

I feed menudos. Gizzards, Liver, necks and home rolled rice with carrots, green beans,taters.Whatever's fresh.He loves him some trout skin too.He gets Tilapia fillets when I pull some once a month.
OH and cococnutz !

I agree with making your own. I have had plenty of dogs and all lived out there full life span 12to 15 years. All my dogs were active hunters . Mid size mix breeds, curs, coon hounds( black an tan and blue tics). I used a dry food bought at the feed store mixed with can food. But a lot was home made from cooked meat, cooked grits, gravy.

View attachment 387431

I feed Tate of the Wild. Its grain free and my dogs love it. Kinda pricey but worth it. I don't feed my dogs treats at all. They get to help me eat my meals. LOL

one thing I noticed since feeding my dogs real food is their poop doesnt stay on the ground very long cause the bugs eat it up really quick,,

it takes less than a week for it to completely disappear,,

Forum List

Back