What's that JGalt up to? He's being awful quiet lately

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Well I 'll tell ya:

I picked up a 500-piece box of Rainier Ballistics 147 grain JHP bullets at a garage sale earlier this Spring. Those are the plated variety, so they should technically run at about 900-1000 fps. Got the whole box for $30.

whats up1.jpg

whats up2.jpg

But I don't have any 9mm cases prepared. Time to break out that 2.5 gallon bucket of 9mm cases I bought a few years ago, for $5. Using a scale, I measured out 1 pound of cases, and multiplied that by the total weight. It came out to around 2,900 9mm cases. Think that'll be enough?

whats up3.jpg

But first, they'll have to be processed. I normally run them through a resizing/de-priming die before tumbling them clean. But since these cases are particularly dirty, I'm going to wash them first to keep from wearing out my resizing die.

whats up4.jpg

I'll put them in a five-gallon enamel-coated boiler with a chemical solution to clean the grunge off, first: A couple tablespoons of Dawn dish soap and a tablespoon of Lemi-Shine, which contains citrus. Thank you Walmart, for carrying this wonderful product. I didn't mind the $8 price for a lifetime supply of Lemi-Shine.

whats up5.jpg

Bringing the water up to the boiling point, before I dump the cases in...

whats up6.jpg

It only takes about a half-hour of soaking before they're clean down to the shine. They get rinsed in hot water, and spread out on a towel to dry overnight, before I run them through the resizing/de-priming die...

whats up7.jpg

See how clean they came out?

whats up8.jpg

Some of the cases turn a reddish color. That's from the effects of the citrus acid in the Lemi-Shine, leaching the zinc out of the brass. No big deal, that comes off when I tumble the cases in the vibration tumbler with ground walnut hulls...

whats up9.jpg

. . . I was thinking about this just today.

The next cyber attack will be on weapons distributers, or ammo manufacturers, or distributors.

The current administration is really have a lot of fun with this method of control, and folks are buying it, aren't they?

:dunno:

The next cyber attack will be on weapons distributers, or ammo manufacturers, or distributors.

The current administration is really have a lot of fun with this method of control, and folks are buying it, aren't they?

It wouldn't surprise me at all. But there are more than enough reloading supplies out there, if you look for them.

Garage sales are a good place to look: If you ask at 100 garage sales whether they have any guns, broken guns, gun parts, ammunition, or reloading supplies, eventually you're going to find something.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. But there are more than enough reloading supplies out there, if you look for them.

Garage sales are a good place to look: If you ask at 100 garage sales whether they have any guns, broken guns, gun parts, ammunition, or reloading supplies, eventually you're going to find something.
This is that World Economic Forum "Great Reset" propaganda video that they deleted because it caused so much outrage. . . and the one that caused me to KNOW that they were putting Biden in office, regardless of what the vote count was. . . because, you know, "Green Agenda" and UN Agenda 2030.

Strange how both those cyber attacks just, sorta. . . kinda helped push forward their agenda, ain't it? :dunno:

. . . I would believe that they would tell us there was a cyber assault on ICE so they could open the border up. . . but then? The US government would be FORCED to act, and the globalists would have no where to hide. I suppose they could drag their feet like they have been doing with these other. . . "hacks." :rolleyes:

What are you doing for primers?

I still have several thousand SP primers. Been buying them up at garage sales for the last few years.

I went to a reloading supply yesterday and they had them in stock again. A little over $50 per thousand.

Forum List

Back